Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,587 members, 7,881,993 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:19 PM

Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? (26632 Views)

Niger Delta Oil Spills Clean-up Will Take 30 Years, Says UN - Guardian UK (2011) / See How Buhari Was Received In Sudan On His Way To Nigeria From India(photos) / Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by 2good(m): 5:23pm On Dec 30, 2010
How many of you guys in europe earn up to 3000 pounds after tax before you will be expecting to earn 2million naira per month in Nigeria or you dont know what the exchange rate is. Nigerians abroad are really funny set of people. They are seriously suffering here and yet behave like they are better than people in Nigeria. If you want to earn 2million, remain in the UK cos you aint going to see a company to pay you that unless you have substantial experience.
The level of second class treatment you guys experience in europe, is enough reason to go back to your country and develop it?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Mobsync(m): 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2010
1. Do you think I am mad ? if yes state why
Yes, b'cos u are
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by JudgeDredd: 5:42pm On Dec 30, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I can tell you this . . . it is not always a HOME thing for everyone. Westerners move out to Africa seeking opportunities to better themselves and possibly grow themselves as well. Do we say it is about HOME for them as well? One certainty is that people will always want to move to places or locations where they think they will have a good chance of developing their ideas or growing their business/career, and it also applies to Nigerians.

There are those abroad who have already found their homes and are happy . . . . but still go out to places like Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt, you name it, to set up one business or another or explore new horizons. We need to Stop pretending everyone is as HOMESICK as we have made ourselves and stop pretending that by telling us it is exactly the way we imagine it, we can validate our own inner turmoil by that.

If I might inquire, did my initial post in any way imply all the bolded in your post or why was I bombarded with said quote? Were you responding to my post or someone else? I only asked a simple question and you decided to respond on behalf of the OP, insinuating all you felt was going on in my mind undecided
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by femmy2010(m): 6:00pm On Dec 30, 2010
Hope your coaching certificate is intact then you can get paid that much to manage the flying Eagles. grin
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by nvo5(f): 6:16pm On Dec 30, 2010
things you need to consider
1.can u adjust to the traffic & noise from the generator.  
2. who are your parent(well Connected )
yes comeback, no don't come
3.prepare to solve financial problems,if you will stay close to your relatives.
you can come to start your own company,is will tough at first but pray you don't go bankrupt.
or you can stay back and apply to companies that are coming to invest in Africa(Nigeria)
the can pay you up to 2 million or more.
Home sweet home, there is no place like home.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by KDK(m): 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2010
2good:

How many of you guys in europe earn up to 3000 pounds after tax before you will be expecting to earn 2million naira per month in Nigeria or you dont know what the exchange rate is. Nigerians abroad are really funny set of people. They are seriously suffering here and yet behave like they are better than people in Nigeria. If you want to earn 2million, remain in the UK cos you aint going to see a company to pay you that unless you have substantial experience.
The level of second class treatment you guys experience in europe, is enough reason to go back to your country and develop it?

Don't mind 'em, they look down on people in nigeria mean while they live second class lives there. Well, dat said, u can get a job dat pays dat much but like most contributors added, u have to have certifications and great experience.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 30, 2010
KDK:

Don't mind 'em, they look down on people in nigeria mean while they live second class lives there. Well, dat said, u can get a job dat pays dat much but like most contributors added, u have to have certifications and great experience.

certification ? lol grin grin grin

Every dick and harry has certification these days, it means nothing here in the UK , except of course you do your CCIE etc etc.

What ? With the prevalence of test king and all these useless brain dump cheating material , even a baby can get certified nowadays grin grin grin grin grin

Anyway in my opinion Naija is home and I will choose home any day.

Is it armed robbers / well we have them here in the UK
Is it corruption ? it is here as well.

The whole world stinks of evil, only the righteous keep themselves pure, no matter where they are located.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by DisGuy: 7:01pm On Dec 30, 2010
Never knew asking for a decent salary or wages commensurate with ones work experience was condescending undecided

KDK:

Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by AjanleKoko: 7:16pm On Dec 30, 2010
As usual, this thread goes the way of the good, bad and ugly. undecided

Two things I would say for my conclusion: You can definitely get a good job in NG with the skills you say you possess. Maybe not 2 million; you definitely don't need that much to live comfortably in Nigeria. In fact you need far less than you do in the UK. Never mind all that talk about PHCN and armed robbers; it's nowhere as bad as it's made out to be. But you can get a good living. Once you have the right skills: Infrastructure, security, internetworking, there's always room for growth, and organizations are still in the process of upgrading their setup.

Second thing is the issue of compromising integrity; that is horseshyt. Good for you that you're an IT person, as you wouldn't have to worry too much about all those things. Your competence will be your comfort zone, so just do your job, and mind your business. Only people working for the government can say their integrity has been/will be compromised. I've been in the private sector for more than a decade, and I haven't had any career issues, or needed to take/give a bribe, or do any butt licking. Like many things Nigerian, this is a highly sensationalized subject. Of course there will always be one person or the other up to something, but it prolly won't concern you unless you decide to let it. And I advise that you don't.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by bidemi12(m): 7:57pm On Dec 30, 2010
frosbel:

certification ? lol grin grin grin

Every manliness and harry has certification these days, it means nothing here in the UK , except of course you do your CCIE etc etc.

What ? With the prevalence of test king and all these useless brain dump cheating material , even a baby can get certified nowadays grin grin grin grin grin

Anyway in my opinion Naija is home and I will choose home any day.

Is it armed robbers / well we have them here in the UK
Is it corruption ? it is here as well.

The whole world stinks of evil, only the righteous keep themselves pure, no matter where they are located.

My guy, no one is denying that crime does not exist all over the world but how can you compare the UK with what is happening in Nigeria? If your home gets burgled in the UK, aren’t you confident that when you call the cops they will arrive at least 30min later? Try doing same in Nigeria. Or can you compare the magnitude of decay in our political society in relation to the polity in the UK? If there is no difference in standard then what are you still doing over there. Deploy back home and let me know of your experiences. As for me, my best advice to the OP is ONE LEG IN AND ONE LEG OUT. Nigeria is not conducive at the moment for anyone who has tasted quality standard of life in the west, that is of course if you have millions stored somewhere that can make your life comfortable back in Nigeria. But from what I have realized from my numerous visits back home: NOTHING BEATS PEACE OF MIND. I don’t think I can survive in an environment where I have to barricade myself at night because of lack of security or bribe my way before I can have services that are my right. OP think well before you decide.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by nwaigbomg(m): 8:06pm On Dec 30, 2010
aba or jos is okay for ur safety
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by sulad82i(m): 8:12pm On Dec 30, 2010
nwaigbo_mg:

aba or jos is okay for your safety
LOL is that where u've been residing?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by lonewolf: 8:18pm On Dec 30, 2010
A good chunk of the responses are idiotic, while the remainder is rooted in bad belle.

Look, poster, Nigeria is peculiar. There are pros and cons. And relocating to Naij will only be sensible, depending on what you want for yourself. To start with, understand that Naij is not a bed of roses. So, you're not going to get a handout because you've come from England. That said, insofar as you bring foreign degrees and formidable professional experience, you are in good stead. The reality is that a degree from the University of Birmingham is better that a degree from the University of Ibadan, and employers understand that.

It's all about what you want for yourself. If you are motivated by the chance of making untold wealth, Nigeria is where you should ultimately go. If you prefer predicability and sanity, stay in England. If you're going to be bothered about lack of electricty, etc., you should stay in England. If you as educated as you make it appear, you can live a respectable middle class life in England -- if this is what you want. So, it's all about choices really.

As an aside, to all those Nigerians in Naij who have this perception that people in diaspora are "suffering", you guys seriously need to check your bad belle. Are there people hustling, etc., in England, Canada and America? Yes. Where this is the case, this is testament to their dexeterity. It's not a bad thing. What kind of wreteched mentality holds that hard work is not respectable?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by styles2009: 8:21pm On Dec 30, 2010
1. Leaving the Uk to settle down finally in Naija, why not go after the forthcoming election.

2. Got a good degree, apply and if you have connection , you would get your 2 million naira salary and dont forget to give those area boys on your streets there dues.

3.As a Patriot, why not start something for yourself and help your country e.g Joining the Police (If you are really Patriotic)

4.As a police, you would get the following
* A gun to kill any troublemaker (e,g thieves,Area boys, Militants, if you have ODESHI as backup)
* Lots of Ahawo in your disposal,as part of bribe to evade arrest.
* Lots of connections with Areaboys and Local Warlords in your area.
* A higher rank as you would speak better English than almost the IGP
* As for the 2 million Salary you asked for, you might get more from kickbacks on road collection (tax free) and no shaking!

5, I hope you take my advice serious as this offers are only available for 72hrs.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by invisible2(m): 8:27pm On Dec 30, 2010
Dont return bros, them go use juju kill ya white azz. Just stay there and sell burgers in Mc Donalds.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by TippyTop(m): 8:46pm On Dec 30, 2010
bidemi12:

If your home gets burgled in the UK, aren’t you confident that when you call the cops they will arrive at least 30min later?

They arrive 30mins later to log (for statistical purpose) what happened to your niggaa azz.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by lonewolf: 8:52pm On Dec 30, 2010
Tippy Top:

They arrive 30mins later to log (for statistical purpose) what happened to your niggaa azz.

At least they turn up. Also, they don't make incomprehensible excuses about them not having petrol. Why are you acting like Nigerian police and British police are in the same league?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by bidemi12(m): 8:58pm On Dec 30, 2010
lonewolf:

At least they turn up. Also, they don't make incomprehensible excuses about them not having petrol. Why are you acting like Nigerian police and British police are in the same league?

Thank you my brother. Thank God we still have sane Nigerians. Athough i cannot say same for some who live on a day by day basis without understanding their surroundings or their existence.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by olabukola: 9:01pm On Dec 30, 2010
invisible!:

Dont return bros, them go use juju kill ya white azz. Just stay there and sell burgers in Mc Donalds.
Hehehehe I wan chop big mac, meal with diet 7up mirinda grin grin
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 30, 2010
No be Naija police you go call to pint A, then go run to point Z. . . .Naija police no get courage, dem fear the suspects. Who wants to die?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by invisible2(m): 9:06pm On Dec 30, 2010
lonewolf:

[/quote)

Nigerian police dont go after burglars anymore, that work has been ceded to the neighborhood watch groups, and God help you if they catch you, you will be begging them to hand your battered head over to the police.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by hackney(m): 9:07pm On Dec 30, 2010
As for me, just as someone is from say imo state but working in lagos or abuja,
that is exactly the same way i am from there but working in London.

I dont see what the fuss is about relocating especially if you visit home regularly.
I actually travel to the east more often than people living in lagos.

Without going into the pros and cons of living where ever, i'd say each to his own.
If you are obsessed with moving back then give it a go, if not try your best to eck out a good living where ever you are.

I'd say that there are quite a lot of factors that interfere with trying to live a normal life in nigeria.
Getting from A to B actually takes more effort out of you than what you will be doing when you get to point B.
it simply takes way too much effort to make the simplest things to work in nigeria, but then that could be just me. . . .
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by invisible2(m): 9:17pm On Dec 30, 2010
hackney:

As for me, just as someone is from say imo state but working in lagos or abuja,
that is exactly the same way i am from there but working in London.

I dont see what the fuss is about relocating especially if you visit home regularly.
I actually travel to the east more often than people living in lagos.

Without going into the pros and cons of living where ever, i'd say each to his own.
If you are obsessed with moving back then give it a go, if not try your best to eck out a good living where ever you are.

I'd say that there are quite a lot of factors that interfere with trying to live a normal life in nigeria.
it simply takes way too much effort to make the simplest things to work in nigeria, but then that could be just me. . . .

Its not the same, naija is naija and london is london. Can you come back and stay in naija on a permanent basis, thats the koko.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by hackney(m): 9:23pm On Dec 30, 2010
invisible!:

Its not the same, naija is naija and london is london. Can you come back and stay in naija on a permanent basis, thats the koko.

the low-down be say i no fit.
Even with billions of pounds. you can make your house look like a 10-star hotel but once you step out nko?
talkless of the unwanted macho visitors. . he he.
The hassle is too much.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 9:25pm On Dec 30, 2010
invisible!:

We are each made of different materials here. I mean there are the Tinubu's etc who burn their bridges and run back to the safety of Nigeria. There are those who value the new found freedom and safety they have discovered abroad and would not jeopardize that believing it is probably the best they will get for some time to come. Then there are also those who have enjoyed the comfort and freedom but believe it is their calling to go into the wilderness that the people might be saved or that their lives maybe fulfilled.

For me permanent, probably never, but business, definitely!
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by PHIPEX(m): 9:25pm On Dec 30, 2010
What else can I say that has not been said, infact am sure that by now the poster is confused based on the so called advise from some people, lol
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by nvng: 9:35pm On Dec 30, 2010
Do you need anything done and you don't simply have the time on your hands?
Do you need to collect something anywhere but you are too busy to go?
Do you need to process any document but you can't just spare time?
Do you need someone to supervise things for you impressively?
Do you need someone you can trust to give you results?
We'd do it for you as long as it is legal, so you can
attend to other things that matters to you.
Be in two places at the same time,get things done
on time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing ventured,Nothing Gained!
Contact 158logistics for all your time sensitive business,just send us!
email:158logistics@gmail.com
Ademola: 08139142978
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by chika98: 9:39pm On Dec 30, 2010
[quote author=2good link=topic=576207.msg7434743#msg7434743 date=12937262
Nigerians abroad are really funny set of people. They are seriously suffering here and yet behave like they are better than people in Nigeria.
[quote][/quote]

If YOU are suffering then too bad but don't include the rest of the lot. A lot of Nigerias in diaspora are doing very well and living comfortably.

I personally wouldn't trade anything I have at the mo to move back to Nigeria. Quote me anywhere!
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 9:46pm On Dec 30, 2010
kobojunkie's only reason for not going to nigeria ever again is because she loves big mac and double whopper. thats the only reason. nothing more, nothing less.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by UpBendel(m): 9:56pm On Dec 30, 2010
Nna guy, what role pays you 2 million naira a month in naija o? Curious to know.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by henchmark: 10:03pm On Dec 30, 2010
i dont have somuch bucks! i took 2 bottles of baron de valls, am no CHEL(sea)kpe fan, i thought i was high, never knew i had people dreaming ahead of mua shocked shocked shocked
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by UpBendel(m): 10:03pm On Dec 30, 2010
Kobojunkie:

We are each made of different materials here. I mean there are the Tinubu's etc who burn their bridges and run back to the safety of Nigeria. There are those who value the new found freedom and safety they have discovered abroad and would not jeopardize that believing it is probably the best they will get for some time to come. Then there are also those who have enjoyed the comfort and freedom but believe it is their calling to go into the wilderness that the people might be saved or that their lives maybe fulfilled.

For me permanent, probably never, but business, definitely!

Beg to differ.  Comfort, freedom, and safety are all relative and a factor of where you are - might I add that there are parts of the States where such luxuries simply do not exist.  I used to be of the same disposition as you with regards to moving to Nigeria but nothing quite compares to the sense of belonging when you head back.  If you want to be average, stay where you are.  Period

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

Olisa Metuh And His Wife In Court Yesterday (photos) / Fani-Kayode Reacts To Sheriff's Victory At Appeal Court / Soldiers Killing: Army Raids IPOB Camp In Abia, Nuetralises Six

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.