Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,332 members, 7,884,711 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 02:23 PM

Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 (37774 Views)

UNILAG Crisis: Ogundipe Leads ASUU Protest As Senate Rejects His Removal-Video / I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked / UNILAG Sacks Toyin Ogundipe As Vice Chancellor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by faithfull18(f): 8:17am On Mar 30, 2020
Wow.
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by HimName: 8:20am On Mar 30, 2020
R. I. P.

Life well spent.

I want to meet the man behind the pocket size 'Key point'

I have thanks for him wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by candelahria(f): 8:20am On Mar 30, 2020
I can't count the number of times popcy made this book;so small yet very good.

2 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by candelahria(f): 8:21am On Mar 30, 2020
I can't count the number of times popcy made me read this book;so small yet very good.

1 Like

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Tchange1(m): 8:21am On Mar 30, 2020
Life well spent.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by LabDNA: 8:23am On Mar 30, 2020
Sleep well Mama.

Your book formed my basic English skills and helped me in my quest to successfully become an orator.

5 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by AnanseK(m): 8:23am On Mar 30, 2020
The book” Practical English” was the main grammar and comprehension English book in Nigerian secondary schools as from 54 years ago.

7 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Iykenuwa(m): 8:24am On Mar 30, 2020
I didn't even know it was written by a Nigerian, because I don't remember checking the author's name

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by fjjc(m): 8:24am On Mar 30, 2020
May your soul rest in peace Mama.

4 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by jamace(m): 8:24am On Mar 30, 2020
There is time for everything. Rest in peace, mama. cool

2 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by anonimi: 8:26am On Mar 30, 2020
Antoeni:
Her passion for English education in children inspired her to author many children’s story books that emphasized morals. She also thought that children needed to be properly taught the English language. This desire birthed the well-known books, Brighter Grammar (for elementary school) and Practical English (for junior and senior secondary schools). Upon retirement from public service, she co-founded a remedial educational institution, Top Tutors. In 1979 she received the National Honor of Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON). In addition, in 2019, she funded the building of the N30m+ multi-purpose Itayemi Hall in Esa-Oke Grammar School.

Excellent, exemplary life worth of emulation.
RIP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kfHq4klrcw

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by KenModi(m): 8:27am On Mar 30, 2020
Officialgarri:

Did you see where I mentioned Queen's primer or you just want to jump in my conversation?

Leave him jare. Some people just like quarrel and this quarantine season is not even helping matters.

6 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by graciabelle: 8:27am On Mar 30, 2020
I read her books while growing up. Rest well ma

2 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by angelfallz(m): 8:27am On Mar 30, 2020
I remember that brighter grammar in primary school.

May her soul and the souls of all the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace.

6 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by anonimi: 8:28am On Mar 30, 2020
KenModi:
Leave him jare. Some people just like quarrel and this quarantine season is not even helping matters.

cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Hopebringer: 8:28am On Mar 30, 2020
Officialgarri:
Na dis woman write Brighter grammar? shocked

It was as though my mum used that book as a punishment for me when I was little.

If I talked too much, danced too much, ate too much, played too much...... She would tell me to go bring my brighter grammar or queen's primer cry

Even after reading the book, my mum would ask me to start from the first page again. cry

Then I'll start ;
A cat
A fat cat
A fat cat sat on a mat
..... cry cry

Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun did you read this book too?

Memories grin

1 Like

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by seanwilliam(m): 8:28am On Mar 30, 2020
Shellsploit:
RIP... sad

And i just finished reading the standard edition i borrowed from my neighbour.

Abeg who get the PDF version sef
na the hard cover I get.. e don tear finish self
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by deolivette: 8:28am On Mar 30, 2020
legend!!! I am still reading that book till today! RIP mama~

2 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by gidjah(m): 8:29am On Mar 30, 2020
EvilPOTATO:
Wow has the be the best book that ever came out of Nigeria.
the very Best till date I must tell you sir,use to think the personality was a Man ubtill now.momma has laid a very special legacy upon the Grammar structure ,I am a beneficiary too.my wife and kids are also big time beneficiaries wallahi.No young man of our time could go far without that great book BRIGHTER GRAMMER 1,2 3 ,4..adieu Heroine

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by hisexcellency34: 8:30am On Mar 30, 2020
Waoh....great book. May her soul rest in peace
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Buffalo2(m): 8:30am On Mar 30, 2020
Antoeni:
RIP Ma ,Indomie Generation & Malians Will Not Understand
For where?
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by xcelentattitude(m): 8:30am On Mar 30, 2020
Officialgarri:

Did you see where I mentioned Queen's primer or you just want to jump in my conversation?

It was misleading na.... I was about to say the same.

Anyways, I still remember reading a comprehension passage that talks about some robbers on the high way, not vividly sha grin

The book was plainly olden days stuff, no colour whatsoever, just white and black. Back then when year two thousand date was written this way .... 03/02/Y2K
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by anonimi: 8:31am On Mar 30, 2020
Antoeni:
RIP Ma ,Indomie Generation & Malians Will Not Understand

Those ones mostly know jobless, slay mamas.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4273539_fbimg1472991509128_jpega41416663f46d9694b9293059e01401c

2 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Franzinni: 8:31am On Mar 30, 2020
Celebrity full my family sha... Rip great aunty.
Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Blankstare(m): 8:31am On Mar 30, 2020
Wow, the book was a bullet 1-3 I Know of, I still remember in uni some lecturers still keep in their shelf for referral.

Rest on mama, God bless your soul!

3 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by stormborn28(m): 8:31am On Mar 30, 2020
Brighter grammar really helped me... Now I have seen the person behind it...i thought it was written by a foreigner

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Buffalo2(m): 8:31am On Mar 30, 2020
Officialgarri:
Na dis woman write Brighter grammar? shocked

It was as though my mum used that book as a punishment for me when I was little.

If I talked too much, danced too much, ate too much, played too much...... She would tell me to go bring my brighter grammar or queen's primer cry

Even after reading the book, my mum would ask me to start from the first page again. cry

Then I'll start ;
A cat
A fat cat
A fat cat sat on a mat
..... cry cry

Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun did you read this book too?
Let us go
Let us go and play
Let us go and play in the hay
May her soul rest in perfect peace.

4 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by Tmb78(m): 8:32am On Mar 30, 2020
At 92,still looking that good!!
Hmmmm!! Gd genes.
RIP Great legend

3 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by ayandee: 8:32am On Mar 30, 2020
Brighter Grammar!!! The proprietor of the Primary school i attended was a great lover of brighter grammar. It was impossible to graduate from the school without having complèted books1,2,3 and 4. Some adults used to join us for the evening grammar lessons. Nice memories.

4 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by kemmylove101: 8:33am On Mar 30, 2020
I remember this book quite well in high school in the 90s. Borrowed a classmate and he never return it back.

2 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by israelmao(m): 8:33am On Mar 30, 2020
Bright light to guide you on your path to the glorious city where there's no night or day.

2 Likes

Re: Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92 by juman(m): 8:34am On Mar 30, 2020
Condolence to her family and all of us.

She was from esa oke.
That was the town of chief bola Ige.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

No Resumption Date Yet For Schools / Iyaje Abuma Shedrack: UNIJOS Student Stabbed To Death By Suspected Hoodlums / UNIABUJA Students That Died In Motor Accident (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.