Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,452 members, 7,904,676 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 05:27 PM

A Woman Who Has Been A Devoted Christian For Years Has HIV - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Woman Who Has Been A Devoted Christian For Years Has HIV (614 Views)

Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man / 133-Year-Old Woman Who Lives On Top Of Olumo Rock (Photos) / Pregnant Woman Who Posed With 20,000 Bees In Maternity Shoot Had Stillbirth(Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Woman Who Has Been A Devoted Christian For Years Has HIV by Billionsclub: 5:09am On Mar 30, 2020
She needed an optician for a eye surgery. We both went to see the doctor. They needed to conduct some test before carrying out the surgery. One of the test was HIV test and it came out positive. She did the test again although in the same hospital but different world,it still shows positive. The doctor thought I washer biological child and confided in me. This woman has been a great help to me. I called her my mother. I could not tell anyone except her eldest child. And she told her eldest child too. Maybe her husband isn't told yet. She doesn't know that I am aware of what is happening. I feel for her. She is the best mother I could ever wish for. She doesn't want to go to the hospital again. Probably because she is scared. The treatment for HIV is free. The doctor has asked that her husband should come and get his test. This woman is a strong disciplined Christian. Recently,her eldest child wanted her start the treatment but she refused to enter the hospital again. How can one communicate with her to begin taking care by going back to the hospital and doing the necessary
Her eldest couldn't tell because it can affect the marriage. What should one do in this case
Re: A Woman Who Has Been A Devoted Christian For Years Has HIV by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:19am On Mar 30, 2020
FIRST AND FOREMOST husband should get to know and get tested asap
SECOND the only way to beat this is to be on proper medication (ARVs) as soon as possible. many people live happily ever after for decades, while being on these drugs.
THIRD you gotta let this woman understand that there is nothing wrong with being HIV+. many people get infected in many different innocent ways... and the stigma is only inside her head. would she rather be a dead devout christian OR an alive HIV+ mother/wife?
FINALLY just because a person is a devout christian does NOT mean they are immune to HIV infection. this lowlife ways of thinking has got to GO!!!

3 Likes

Re: A Woman Who Has Been A Devoted Christian For Years Has HIV by Billionsclub: 5:38am On Mar 30, 2020
U know I am not her biological child, she doesn't know I am aware. I pretended as if I am not aware. Her daughter is doing her best to tell her to go for the treatment but she doesn't want to listen. Telling her husband now might bring alot of issues and that is what her daughter is afraid of. I don't think her siblings is aware because we agreed to keep it a secret. That is, her daughter and I are keeping this secret. How is it possible to tell the man to go for test. The treatment is free.
The doctor said that if she starts taking treatment on time,she will live as long as she wants. Nothing will affect her. But if she refused ,it might be too late later when she will need the treatment.
I wanted us to go for another test in a different hospital but the woman doesn't want to go to the hospital anymore but rather to a chemist woman who is her friend
Re: A Woman Who Has Been A Devoted Christian For Years Has HIV by Nobody: 5:54am On Mar 30, 2020
First of all, you and her daughter need to find out why she doesn't wanna start treatment.
It may be as a result of denial or guilt. If it's denial, give her some time to accept her fate but if it's guilt, tell her husband immediately for his own safety. I believe that if she is in denial state which is understandable, she will not have any fear in telling her husband about the test.
Re: A Woman Who Has Been A Devoted Christian For Years Has HIV by Winneygirl(f): 5:55am On Mar 30, 2020
Christianity is not a HIV-preventive method.
Keep trying to convince her to take care of her health. Eat well, take lots of fruits and see a doctor.
That she tested positive first doesn't mean she got it first. Let her husband get tested. If he wouldn't, that's his choice.

2 Likes

Re: A Woman Who Has Been A Devoted Christian For Years Has HIV by cococandy(f): 5:56am On Mar 30, 2020
What does her Christianity have to do with the HIV?

All these overly religious people that take themselves too seriously undecided. Does she not know about the different routes of transmission of the disease?

It’s possible she can’t get herself to face the diagnosis because she has spent a lot of time judging those who have been previously diagnosed with it.

#stopthestigma

6 Likes

Re: A Woman Who Has Been A Devoted Christian For Years Has HIV by faithfull18(f): 8:15am On Mar 30, 2020
Can they find a way to get the husband to run tests without telling him it's an HIV test or HiV test is included.

Maybe just tell him he needs to do a checkup or something and other tests like blood sugar, blood pressure should be done alongside.

The children can insist even if it means paying for it.

I would also advise the woman gets tested somewhere else atleast to get a second opinion.
She may still be surprised how she got it in the first place if she didn't have extra marital affairs.

Her husband will be the first suspect. Although there are other means of getting the virus, sexual transmission still remains the fastest way of getting it.
Re: A Woman Who Has Been A Devoted Christian For Years Has HIV by thorpido(m): 8:44am On Mar 30, 2020
There are different routes to get HIV and it does not nean the person has been promiscuous.The label 'faithful Christian's does not apply here.
You need to find a way to keep encouraging her to start treatment before opportunistic infections take over.
The husband should get tested too.

1 Like

Re: A Woman Who Has Been A Devoted Christian For Years Has HIV by Biglittlelois(f): 9:26am On Mar 30, 2020
All this people trying to label someone a certain way according to their religion, this has got to stop, what has Christianity got to do with being HIV? Is it only transmitted sexually? Modify your topic and remove Christian devoted whatever, it's totally irrelevant here.

1 Like

Re: A Woman Who Has Been A Devoted Christian For Years Has HIV by dawnomike(m): 9:47am On Mar 30, 2020
Biglittlelois:
All this people trying to label someone a certain way according to their religion, this has got to stop, what has Christianity got to do with being HIV? Is it only transmitted sexually? Modify your topic and remove Christian devoted whatever, it's totally irrelevant here.
You just spoke my mind...

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Experience With Using These Brands Of Washing Machines / Sad Story Of A Man And His Son When I Was Kid. / Can You Suggest Examples Of Role Models

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.