Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,023 members, 7,919,256 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 04:23 AM

Feeding School Children Under Covid-19 Lock-down: Am I Missing Something? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Feeding School Children Under Covid-19 Lock-down: Am I Missing Something? (522 Views)

The Act That Gives The President The Power To Lock Down Lagos, Ogun & FCT. / Amaechi's House In Port-Harcourt On Security Lock Down Ahead Of Elections. Pics / Kaduna In Lock Down, As El-zakzaky Appears In Court (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feeding School Children Under Covid-19 Lock-down: Am I Missing Something? by ChelseaDr(m): 6:59am On Mar 30, 2020
I listened to PMB's broadcast to the nation concerning the covid-19 pandemic that is currently ravaging the world and Nigeria in particular.

However, one area that caught my attention was when he talked about making provisions for feeding school children... I paused a bit and was like, did I hear him clearly? It was then another person with me called my attention to that.

My question is this: which school children are being fed now that schools have been forced to close, or is there something that I'm missing?

Someone should make this clear to me please?
Re: Feeding School Children Under Covid-19 Lock-down: Am I Missing Something? by mazimee(m): 7:04am On Mar 30, 2020
That shows how empty that Aboki really is. Who doesn't know that schools are on lockdown?

2 Likes

Re: Feeding School Children Under Covid-19 Lock-down: Am I Missing Something? by bigiyaro(m): 7:06am On Mar 30, 2020
lolz!! this is naija, anything can is possible, wait until you hear the amount that was used to fight the virus when everything don calm down.
Re: Feeding School Children Under Covid-19 Lock-down: Am I Missing Something? by Duru9(m): 7:09am On Mar 30, 2020
I was confused about that too

He clearly stated that although Schools have been shut that he will make sure that minister of humanitarian and disaster management continue Te school feeding program

I was like which school

1 Like

Re: Feeding School Children Under Covid-19 Lock-down: Am I Missing Something? by Nwodosis(m): 7:18am On Mar 30, 2020
It is a siphoning route of our resources and Covid-19 can't stop that! The kids will be fed at their various houses.

1 Like

Re: Feeding School Children Under Covid-19 Lock-down: Am I Missing Something? by Comedian2019: 7:21am On Mar 30, 2020
Are you sure he's not referring to almajiris grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Feeding School Children Under Covid-19 Lock-down: Am I Missing Something? by caprini1: 7:30am On Mar 30, 2020
I asked the same questions...Someone should really read these things they type for him,before recording editing and broadcasting.

It is always as if he is in a hurry to read it and get over with it and go rest. I will really be happy for him if some of the things he said were implemented as soon as possible,because this one countries are evacuating their citizens, nobody go really get our time.
Re: Feeding School Children Under Covid-19 Lock-down: Am I Missing Something? by koffsman(m): 7:33am On Mar 30, 2020
Like I said it's a script that was written by some of his dullard aides and he as a professional dullard didn't bother to vet it before coming on air to spit the rubbish out I wonder if his brain is still functional at all
Re: Feeding School Children Under Covid-19 Lock-down: Am I Missing Something? by chatinent: 7:34am On Mar 30, 2020
For ur earlier mind, u bin dey feel Buhari get sense before? No bi script him read?
Re: Feeding School Children Under Covid-19 Lock-down: Am I Missing Something? by realstars: 7:43am On Mar 30, 2020
This Is Good For Democracy, We Are Looking.

Re: Feeding School Children Under Covid-19 Lock-down: Am I Missing Something? by sLentlover7778(m): 7:43am On Mar 30, 2020
He's talking about his cows.. grin grin grin
Re: Feeding School Children Under Covid-19 Lock-down: Am I Missing Something? by gratiaeo(m): 7:43am On Mar 30, 2020
Buhari is empty. A dullard will always be a dullard no matter how you package it
Re: Feeding School Children Under Covid-19 Lock-down: Am I Missing Something? by Delsutyp: 7:48am On Mar 30, 2020
Re: Feeding School Children Under Covid-19 Lock-down: Am I Missing Something? by Niorte: 7:49am On Mar 30, 2020
I read it too. So funny Nigerians do not demand the right thing from their leaders.

In all his speech, he did not address the people that will be most affected by the lockdown but was talking about Tradermoni and co. Can they do business with tradermoni at this period.

Rather than make provision for all those affected by the locked down, he was talking about people who are solely dependent on govt and do not contribute anything to the economy.

Businesses will be affected yet no palliative measures

All we heard is tradermoni and school feeding.

2 Likes

Re: Feeding School Children Under Covid-19 Lock-down: Am I Missing Something? by GamalNasser: 7:50am On Mar 30, 2020
You can't make this up
Re: Feeding School Children Under Covid-19 Lock-down: Am I Missing Something? by Mysticwebb: 7:51am On Mar 30, 2020
ChelseaDr:
I listened to PMB's broadcast to the nation concerning the covid-19 pandemic that is currently ravaging the world and Nigeria in particular.

However, one area that caught my attention was when he talked about making provisions for feeding school children... I paused a bit and was like, did I hear him clearly? It was then another person with me called my attention to that.

My question is this: which school children are being fed now that schools have been forced to close, or is there something that I'm missing?

Someone should make this clear to me please?
He had to say that, so that the money for feeding the children keep dropping even when no pupil is there to be fed.
Technically, no feeding has ever been done, money is and has always been shared among their cliche in the name of feeding the pupils. That must not stop.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We Will Earn Half Pay Until Nigeria Is Free Of Covid-19-Senators / Breaking: Nigeria’s Covid-19 Cases Hit 276 / [BREAKING] Coronavirus: Boris Johnson Discharged From Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.