Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:42 AM

Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown (47998 Views)

FG Asks All Account Holders In Financial Institutions To Re-Register Despite BVN / Governor Ayade Exempts The Poor From Taxes / Kaduna Realises N1.9m From Lockdown Violators In 2 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by megley(f): 1:39pm On Mar 30, 2020
Sirmuel1:
Shit is getting scary!!! I need Sanitizers!!!! Someone help!! I'm stucked in the village and I can't get it around here. I've been using Dettol, but I don't trust it.

Use diluted bleach. Then rinse your hands thoroughly. It works.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by santori: 1:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
BabaO2:
Unfortunately, opportunists at the head of one ministry or the other are so irresponsible and clueless about what is happening around the world, so the bankers are immuned to the coronavirus or their lives are not as important as the president's family that are fenced from interacting with other populace?

if everyone stayed back at home how will you be able to make calls, receive calls and browse the internet, Abi are the doctors nurses and other hospital workers are not human beings , make we dey use our senses small small

1 Like

Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by thatigboman: 1:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
otokx:
It is either we lockdown or we do not, Banks can ensure the ATMs are in operation but any other may not be effective. cool
how can banks ensure ATMs are in operation if they dont go and physically load money into the ATMs?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by Malawian(m): 1:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
So who will go to the bank since everyone else is made to sit at home? This guys just did abracadabra just so that it looks that they are working. I blame the idiots that harangued Bubu to address the nation on Covik1-9.
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by thatigboman: 1:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
SaintLucia:
If you want to shut down shut down and let's hear word. Drivers, cleaners and securities are other people that work in the bank. How will they go to work if the transport system is shut down? The purpose of the yesterday speech was to avoid the spread of the virus and practice social distancing. Our ATM will be crowded if banks are allowed to operate. The same Nigerians calling for lockdown are the same Nigerians calling for the reverse. Some of us doesn't really know what we want.
think before u write, that is what sense is meant for.
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by Subomi007: 1:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
GamalNasser:

Anything that instigates a withdrawal stampede on bank deposits is not good , when banks can't meet up withdrawal/deposit ratio they immediately go into acute distress , why do you think the CBN governor rushed to get the order and push it to press immediately? To slow down withdrawals ... I am currently stuck in my bank because the have refused to transfer funds for my business outwards claiming the platform is down but I know they are holding on to deposits as long as they can , I have just shown them this headline and they feel better already ..don't ask me why I didn't transfer from home , it's not small money I want to transfer

As at 6am today at agbara, all atms were not dispensing, apparently, no more cash in the atm, and within 20minutes, customers are on queue to enter banking hall.

It is commendable that emefiele and Hon minister quickly made the move to stop total collapse of our economy.

I just hope we quickly have resolution and vaccine is available to avert an unfortunate condition that will follow.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by BabaO2: 1:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
santori:

if everyone stayed back at home how will you be able to make calls, receive calls and browse the internet, Abi are the doctors nurses and other hospital workers are not human beings , make we dey use our senses small small
You no make sense at all, don't venture into areas you stark illiterate about. Telecommunications operations are done remotely, they don't need to be on site. Doctors know exactly what to do and can take care of themselves
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by GamalNasser: 1:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
senatordave1:

He's richer than you incidentslly

He can never be richer than me never it can't happen , how does he want to do it ?
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by PHijo(m): 1:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
thatigboman:
what do u mean? Food, water pharmacy and other essential services will be opened. Are u going to buy them on credit when u get there?
All the money that have been donated, how will they be withdrawn and used for the purpose they are meant for if banks dont open?

Where do you buy that when stores are closed?
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by PHijo(m): 1:54pm On Mar 30, 2020
vezycash:

Shops are exempted but ignorant tax force will overstep their boundary.

There should be clarity. That's what the government should do. The inspector general should send signals to his various commands across the country. The last day people were allowed to purchase things at the market in Rivers state was Friday.
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by thatigboman: 2:00pm On Mar 30, 2020
PHijo:

Where do you buy that when stores are closed?
did u listen to the president's speech at all? Food, water, pharmacy, healthcare providers ie hospitals are exempted.
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 30, 2020
They should transfer our #1m each into our various BVN account numbers.
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 30, 2020
thatigboman:
did u listen to the president's speech at all? Food, water, pharmacy, healthcare providers ie hospitals are exempted.
Any link?
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by thatigboman: 2:03pm On Mar 30, 2020
BabaO2:
You no make sense at all, don't venture into areas you stark illiterate about. Telecommunications operations are done remotely, they don't need to be on site. Doctors know exactly what to do and can take care of themselves
u are the one not making sense. If telecom service is down, wount their staff go there physically and rectify the problem?
More than 50 doctors have died in Italy, mind you
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by mechanics(m): 2:04pm On Mar 30, 2020
He should not shut down the whole system so our economy won't collapse.
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by thatigboman: 2:04pm On Mar 30, 2020
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by thatigboman: 2:08pm On Mar 30, 2020
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by galadima77(m): 2:08pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nigerians can kill their leader sha
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by murmee: 2:13pm On Mar 30, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Dettol is as good as sanitizers. Both kill germs
Good advertisement for Dettol!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by PHijo(m): 2:13pm On Mar 30, 2020
thatigboman:

Na speech pesin dey buy for market? Markets are closed my friend!
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by Malawian(m): 2:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
BabaO2:
You put on the generators there remotely?
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by BabaO2: 2:26pm On Mar 30, 2020
thatigboman:
u are the one not making sense. If telecom service is down, wount their staff go there physically and rectify the problem?
More than 50 doctors have died in Italy, mind you
It will be very difficult for service to be down, only couple of sites and that can be recovered at anytime. You dont even expect 100% uptime during this period.
so because 50 doctors died in italy, it wont be out place if some bankers too die in Nigeria? Banking is luxury not essential in this dispensation.
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by BabaO2: 2:28pm On Mar 30, 2020
Malawian:

You put on the generators there remotely?
Those are sites not service. You dont expect all sites to be up in a situation like this
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2020
How will bank workers get to work especially those who don't have cars?
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by Kabzealous(m): 2:36pm On Mar 30, 2020
Fellow Nairaland... Baba make Una save a soul ooo.. Seriously lock down here.. No shimba like dis.. Ah beg beko.. 0241934895.. GTB.. Thanks... Maximum respect..
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by Kmoney4money: 3:02pm On Mar 30, 2020
Pls guys assist with any token to survive with family during dis pandemic situation.

Accessbank
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by Sirapretty870(f): 3:04pm On Mar 30, 2020
Then he should pay salaries unless this stay at home restrictions will not work
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by Legendguru: 3:13pm On Mar 30, 2020
His business
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by SaintLucia: 3:14pm On Mar 30, 2020
thatigboman:
think before u write, that is what sense is meant for.
I'm not referring to an IPOB member.
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by Glink2018(m): 4:03pm On Mar 30, 2020
It's obvious that this present government just Intend to.grasp power without knowing much about the business of government.

I laugh in Swahili
Re: Buhari Exempts Banks And Other Financial Institutions From Lockdown by ejimatic: 5:14pm On Mar 30, 2020
tunene66:

https://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-exempts-banks-others-from-lockdown/
. While locking down of some parts of the country is necessary my concern is : What will a common man eat within the 14 day lock down? How will he cope?The truth is hunger kills faster than Covid 19...The government should give Nigerians palliatives of 15 thousand each.The money can be paid though our BVNs.. It will show how the government cares for the people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How IG Of Police, DSS Planned Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest For Months— Military Sources / Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! / Femi Fani-Kayode And Precious Chikwendu In Court - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.