Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,850 members, 7,902,687 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 02:29 PM

5 Best Tips To Win Giveaways On Social Media In Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 5 Best Tips To Win Giveaways On Social Media In Nigeria (1099 Views)

Why I Don't Do Giveaways Online - Burna Boy / 5 Best Tips To Win Giveaways On Social Media In Nigeria / Naira Marley Accuses Tunde Ednut Of Taking Money From Yahoo Boys For Giveaways (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Best Tips To Win Giveaways On Social Media In Nigeria by Jumoke355(f): 12:13pm On Mar 30, 2020
Social media have made it simpler and easier for many to interact, facilitating the creation or sharing of information, ideas, opinions and the likes. For this reasons, brands, celebrities, influencers and generous givers generally host giveaways on social media to either promote their products and services or do it out of their generosity.

For the sake of this article, I will share with you 5 best tips to help you win giveaways on social media in Nigeria.

It is no doubt that that we have some Nigerian celebrities who do steady giveaways on social media, to mention but a few are Nigerian musicians; Don Jazzy, Davido, Yemi Alade, Runtown and many others. Aside celebrities, some brands in Nigeria also run cash-prize giveaways on social media so as to get the attention and increase their fan base.

Below are my top tips for winning giveaways on social media;

1. Be an active follower

First of all, gather a list of celebrities, brands and top infuencers that do regular giveaways on social media in Nigeria and follow them, find out the platforms they use more often; most Nigeria comedians are more active on Instagram, most musicians based their interaction on Twitter and some uses Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook but among all, Instagram and Twitter is well known for their giveaways except for some brands like Banks and commercial establishments who based on Facebook.

If you’re regularly liking and commenting on their page, they’ll know you’re a fan. If you use their products, wear their clothes or visit their venue, be sure to tag them in your photo or story and give them a top notch review. Companies like to reward their fans and active followers.

2. Turn on notifications

Ensure you turn on a mobile notification, If you follow a user, you can ‘get notifications’ every time they post. For example, on Instagram App using the ‘More’ (…) menu at the top of a user’s profile page select ‘get notifications’ or for Twitter, simply tap the bell icon on the user's bio – you’ll get a mobile notification when they post a new photo or tweet (you can also use this for brands that host regular giveaways, so you don’t miss out!).

3. Make yourself real !

Nobody will want to share freebies to a ghost or robot on social media. Regular social media giveaways winners are people who share their own original photos – rather than hiding their identities. A promoter might pop to your profile before deciding if you’re a winner, you want to win giveaways on social media? Get into the habit of taking photos of everything. Selfies, meals, sunsets, family moments on social media… You don’t need to upload all your photos to social media but I'm sure you know what i mean, so lets move on.

4. Reply to host

When on social media, socialize by replying to their posts, tweets – even if it is not a giveaway time. Make your comments memorable. Add photos, GIFs, be funny, say something about their amazing products, songs and about their personalities that you find interesting.

5. Keep your social media handle short and simple

Short and simple social media handles are memorable, less likely to be misspell by a promoter, avoid numbers and underscores.Don't miss your giveaways!

conclusion,
If you spend 2-3 hours a week observing tips #2 and other techniques above, you might be lucky to win big one day. Otherwise, it's not worth your time.

Source: https://www.quickgisterblog.com.ng/2020/03/5-best-tips-win-giveaways-on-social-in-Nigeria.html

Did you enjoy these tips?

You can also read on my blog: Starting Music Career In Nigeria | 7 Things Nigerian Record Label Companies will Look For Before Signing you (2020 Guide)

https://www.quickgisterblog.com.ng/2020/01/Start-music-career-in-Nigeria-7-things-record-label-will-look-for-before-signing-you.html

Re: 5 Best Tips To Win Giveaways On Social Media In Nigeria by Tattooboy: 12:25pm On Mar 30, 2020
Great tips for online Almajiris

2 Likes

Re: 5 Best Tips To Win Giveaways On Social Media In Nigeria by Jumoke355(f): 12:59pm On Mar 30, 2020
Tattooboy:
Great tips for online Almajiris

Thanks
Re: 5 Best Tips To Win Giveaways On Social Media In Nigeria by bidemilayomi: 1:07pm On Mar 30, 2020
Awesome!

(1) (Reply)

Wife: Our Kid Is Not Yours, Man Commit Suicide After 12years Of Marriage / Asa Reveals Why She Is Still Single At 36 / “I Am Not Materialistic, I Can Marry Any Man” – Actress Uche Ogbodo (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.