Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,356 members, 7,881,310 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:23 PM

The Next Generalissimo Of Yorubaland. . . Who Does The Cap Fit? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Next Generalissimo Of Yorubaland. . . Who Does The Cap Fit? (5406 Views)

Kebbi2015 Governorship Election. Who Will The Cap Fit? / Lagos Guber: Does The Cap Fit Ganiyu Solomon? / How Can The Cap Fit Such Man(ifeanyi Araraume) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Next Generalissimo Of Yorubaland. . . Who Does The Cap Fit? by lagbaja20: 4:21pm On Dec 30, 2010
naijababe:

Haba!!! Lagabaja ma ma tun isese ko. Oduduwa kiise Ooni. Go and relearn your history mate.

I am correct!

http://www.ngrnationaldaily.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2841:oduduwas-children&catid=128:main&Itemid=548

That said, I have read newspaper interviews of the present Ooni, where he referrd to Oranmiyan as the first Ooni, which I think is wrong. He was probable misquoted.
It is on record that Oduduwa was the first Ooni. I stand to be corrected.
Re: The Next Generalissimo Of Yorubaland. . . Who Does The Cap Fit? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2010
naijababe:

Seconded.  wink
lagbaja20:

Stop saying that
I reject it with every fibre of my being

90% of yorubas would not accept Tinubu as a leader. I'd rather have an Ibo as leader than have Tinubu, Asiwaju awon drug dealer

Continue living in denial. Assuming you're both Yoruba, & since I don't know your states of origin, there's currently a 50:50 chance that Tinubu has significant input to the policy thrust of your home state right now.
Re: The Next Generalissimo Of Yorubaland. . . Who Does The Cap Fit? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 30, 2010
I'm sorry but I can't believe anything that comes out Oba Sijuawade's mouth. Dude's too much of revisionist. Anyways the oral traditions that I know suggest that that the first Ooni was the result of the liaison between Okanbi and one of his female slaves. Ooni is the chief priest of the Yoruba i.e. the spiritual head of the Yorubas as far as I know
Re: The Next Generalissimo Of Yorubaland. . . Who Does The Cap Fit? by lagbaja20: 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2010
naijababe:

I'm sorry but I can't believe anything that comes out Oba Sijuawade's mouth. Dude's too much of revisionist. Anyways the oral traditions that [b]I know suggest that that the first Ooni was the result of the liaison between Okanbi and one of his female slaves. [/b]Ooni is the chief priest of the Yoruba i.e. the spiritual head of the Yorubas as far as I know

Oranmiyan happens to be a grandson of Okanbi, so i am not sure what you are getting at
Anyway, check out this link:

http://theooni.org/pastoonis.htm
Re: The Next Generalissimo Of Yorubaland. . . Who Does The Cap Fit? by Kilode1: 5:07pm On Dec 30, 2010
ziddy:

Bola Ahmed Tinubu is de facto leader of the Yorubas already, whether we acknowledge this truth or not.

Soyinka does not merit it, like someone already pointed out. Yes he speaks truth to power at all times, but he spent the hottest years of military repression in exile.

The Aare Ona Kakanfo never backs down! Either he wins the war or he dies at the battlefront. That description fits Gani Fawehinmi, fearless as lion and honest to a fault. Gani would have been the perfect candidate.

Soyinka went into exile for a period and he was not docile in exile, he formed PRONACO and Radio Kudirat, The Ekiti's probably have him to thank for mentoring Kayode Fayemi at Radio Kudirat. Soyinka kept coming back Sir he did not run away at all.

Even you cannot deny Soyinka's bravery, but as stated in Lagbaja20's long as*s post and by others here, the new Aare should be symbolic, Soyinka qualifies.

Funny guy, Bola Tinubu will probably slap you for that statement in bold. . . cheesy
Re: The Next Generalissimo Of Yorubaland. . . Who Does The Cap Fit? by smithll: 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2010
Can't wait to witness the time when the new Aare ona kakanfo will be installed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suicide Bombers Will Go To Hell - Gov Aliyu / Obiano Can I Plant Some Exotic Plants & Trees In The City Of Onitsha? / Imo LG Election To Hold Saturday – ISIEC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.