Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,175 members, 7,880,664 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:32 AM

Sample Statement Of Purpose (sop) For Policy Studies - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sample Statement Of Purpose (sop) For Policy Studies (773 Views)

2020 Admissions: JAMB Fixes June 16 For Policy Meeting / Sample Statement Of Purpose (SOP) For Economics / How To Write A Perfect Statement Of Purpose (SOP / Admissions Essay) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sample Statement Of Purpose (sop) For Policy Studies by dk58(m): 3:57pm On Mar 30, 2020
Political apathy, like some sort of living oblivion, is the self-defence of the powerless and yet another luxury which must be trashed by every citizen of all modern societies. In the footsteps of one of America’s founding fathers, Benjamin Franklin, who understood the need for an all-rounded education, my humble quest for a master’s degree in Public Policy stems from the experience I garnered during my years in China, where politics is considered a sacred ground for the elite and a selected few among the middle class. I understood why critics say general elections controlled by the Communist Party of China are an avenue for the 1% to take economic and socio-political decisions for the 99%. Policies are designed to ritualistically keep the masses in line by making them believe their opinions are taken into consideration, and thereby perpetuating the lie that democracy continues.

In this modern age, wise citizens of most nations no longer wish to leave governance and policy management in the hands of a few cunning stooges who deceitfully claim to have public interest at heart, and as Rolloy May rightly said in The Courage to Create, apathy adds up, in the long run, to cowardice. It is intriguing how mankind has been able to draw strength from the creation of societies and the multilateral co-operations between political powers, communities, agencies and individuals, without which the world would have remained a jungle void of civilization and development.

I am inspired to explore all forms of political activities, having gained background knowledge in national politics and policy research from exchanges with experienced lecturers, fellow students and group debates. I possess excellent leadership and interpersonal relationship skills and have work experience as a volunteer at Fairfield Christian School, Ohio and an Animal Shelter in Guangzhou.

I am a highly-motivated, tenacious and likeable student who maintains confidence, enthusiasm and positive interactions with others, especially in multicultural academic environments as will be provided at your renowned university, which boasts of esteemed lecturers such as the Ameritech Professor of Public Policy, Don Coursey.

Niccolo Machiavelli, one of my favourite thinkers, said the wise man does at once what the fool does finally. On this background lies my curiosity in governments’ policy-making and implementation processes, as well as its outputs in the polity.

I look forward to undertaking rigorous studies, critical thinking and in-depth disciplinary analysis of modern politics and related challenges with the hope of gathering foundational knowledge, devoid of biases and unverified assumptions, that could proffer effective and efficient solutions to the world’s policy problems. Harris Public Policy has this as its objective, a reason I could never wish to undertake this master’s degree program anywhere else. I can’t wait to begin courses as a future policy leader with a fearless-thinker attitude. It will be a great honour for me to make meaningful impacts in the development of this academic field, and thereby improving my career across public, private and non-profit sectors. A policy degree, without doubts, offers unequalled versality in career options and a wonderful chance to transform the world for mankind.

Source: https://meziesblog.com/sample-statement-of-purpose-sop-for-policy-studies/

1 Like

Re: Sample Statement Of Purpose (sop) For Policy Studies by HRHQueenPhil(f): 9:14am On May 08, 2023
Are you finding it exhausting to put together your application/admission documents? Put your worries aside. At PatPhil Nigeria, our skilled experts provide you with the best application writing services:

• STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

• PERSONAL STATEMENT

• RESUME/CV

• LETTER OF EXPLANATION

• LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION

• ADMISSION ESSAY

• COLD EMAIL

• WAIVER REQUEST LETTER

Call/watsapp 08112658211

(1) (Reply)

List Of States That Have Announced Schools Resumption Date(details) / Please Help, I'm Beginning To Lose Interest In Going Back To School.. / Studying Or Learning Handiwork, Which Is Better. Pls Help A 20year Old.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.