Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,164 members, 7,890,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:11 AM

Daniel Amokachi Names Mikel Obi Greatest Nigerian Player Ever - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Daniel Amokachi Names Mikel Obi Greatest Nigerian Player Ever (646 Views)

Daniel Amokachi Wears Tinubu Cap To Field (Photo) / Daniel Amokachi: I Slept At T.B Joshua’s Church For Weeks, Got No Miracle / Tijani Babangida And Daniel Amokachi At Africa Legends Game In Kano (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daniel Amokachi Names Mikel Obi Greatest Nigerian Player Ever by spencekat(m): 4:20pm On Mar 30, 2020
Former Super Eagles player, and Assistant Coach, Daniel Amokachi, has named former Chelsea midfielder, John Mikel Obi, as the greatest Nigerian player ever.

Amokachi, who was recently appointed as Nigeria’s Football Ambassador by President Muhammadu Buhari, believes Mike Obi is ahead of Nigerian legends, Austin Jay Jay Okocha and Kanu Nwankwo because of his achievements in football so far.

“Mikel Obi is the greatest Nigerian player,” Amokachi told Brila FM.

“He has won everything that a player can hope to – the Champions League, Europa, AFCON in 2013, and he also captained the national team.

“As a footballer, your laurels count, and that will surely count for Mikel because nobody has won that much in Nigerian football.”

Mikel Obi retired from international football in 2019 after leading the Super Eagles to win the third-place bronze medal at the 2019 AFCON in Egypt.

The former Trabzonspor star has won nine major trophies in his career so far, including Champions League, Europa League, and two Premier League title
Re: Daniel Amokachi Names Mikel Obi Greatest Nigerian Player Ever by mazimee(m): 4:22pm On Mar 30, 2020
It has to be about the trophies
Re: Daniel Amokachi Names Mikel Obi Greatest Nigerian Player Ever by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 30, 2020
spencekat:

Former Super Eagles player, and Assistant Coach, Daniel Amokachi, has named former Chelsea midfielder, John Mikel Obi, as the greatest Nigerian player ever.

Amokachi, who was recently appointed as Nigeria’s Football Ambassador by President Muhammadu Buhari, believes Mike Obi is ahead of Nigerian legends, Austin Jay Jay Okocha and Kanu Nwankwo because of his achievements in football so far.

“Mikel Obi is the greatest Nigerian player,” Amokachi told Brila FM.

“He has won everything that a player can hope to – the Champions League, Europa, AFCON in 2013, and he also captained the national team.

“As a footballer, your laurels count, and that will surely count for Mikel because nobody has won that much in Nigerian football.”

Mikel Obi retired from international football in 2019 after leading the Super Eagles to win the third-place bronze medal at the 2019 AFCON in Egypt.

The former Trabzonspor star has won nine major trophies in his career so far, including Champions League, Europa League, and two Premier League title

when you smoke and drink too much.. Rubbish will definitely Come out Na... Totti is among italy best because we won 40 trophies abi

Roberto Baggio won 30 trophies too

Figo Won 100 trophies too... Yeye dey smell
Re: Daniel Amokachi Names Mikel Obi Greatest Nigerian Player Ever by 2special(m): 4:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
Pls has Mikel won the African Footballer of the year award

2 Likes

Re: Daniel Amokachi Names Mikel Obi Greatest Nigerian Player Ever by deltateam: 4:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
2special:

Nobi who go dey win?

Has he been nominated for the award fah?
Re: Daniel Amokachi Names Mikel Obi Greatest Nigerian Player Ever by spencekat(m): 5:02pm On Mar 30, 2020
2special:
No.

2 Likes

Re: Daniel Amokachi Names Mikel Obi Greatest Nigerian Player Ever by michealoluwaseyi(m): 5:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
i think mikel also deserve a shout when it comes to d greatest nigerian player,but i dont think he is d greatest,the same way i also dont agree dat kanu is d greatest ,i think if we are to narrow it down to just super eagles ,yekini,odegbami okocha etc i will choose one of these three as my greatest,but if am to add their club performance then the likes of kanu mikel findi yekini and co has a shout

(1) (Reply)

This Haaland Sef, Your Own Don Dey Too Much . / Rare Throwback Photo Of Chelsea Manager, Frank Lampard / Friday's Prediction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.