Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,299 members, 7,887,889 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:52 PM

Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 (17832 Views)

Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Broadcast Contempt Of Court / Pres. Buhari Broadcast Speech To The Nation / Ben Bruce Faults Buhari On Commissioning Abuja Light Railway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by ojbaba95(m): 8:40am On Mar 31, 2020
Yinka Olemakin has virtually turn this respected group of yesteryears to opposition entity since he becomes Spokeperson. Must you criticize every Govt move? What are your suggestions, contribution financially or otherwise to combat this ravaging pandemic. Lagos has been under some form of restrictions even before Buhari"s speech so what's the fuss all about or you just want to speak for the sake of it, I believe. Create awareness, support the needy and encourage the health workers, not a time for all this sentiment. Yinka....wake up!
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by GEEBITE: 8:48am On Mar 31, 2020
Your head is right and screwed properly in place.Many did not read before making their comments. Really sad.
dalass:
Afenifere is right, the chaos was much, forcing people to go out to borrow money, food items, buy essential things, crowd up at ATMs, generally spread and contract the Corona virus more.

It is a panicky speech, too little too late...

Which school kids are they feeding?

Why isn't he allowing Osinbajp to handle crisis situations since he obviously never knows what to do or say in normal circumstances not to talk of critical times like this?!

I think we need to pray more for better leaders in this country against next elections..
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by abysirius(m): 8:50am On Mar 31, 2020
Coldie:
If u want to know an irresponsible state look at Rivers state.

Rivers state that right now is supposed to take advantage of this corona virus affecting Lagos to try to scale up economically. With the lockdown going on in Lagos.

This would have been an opportunity for Rivers to receive attention from shipper's on its point.

But Rivers no waste time. Them even shutdown before Lagos.
..should leave its doors ajar and risk the lives of its residents. Special adviser per excellence!!

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by dontai(m): 8:54am On Mar 31, 2020
They don't and they would never understand it, without nothing to eat people will be force to hustle outside, or can the government arrest about two millon people at once.
I even have a reservation about all the lock-down brouhaha, if someone have it in a family won't he transfer it to his family.
All I know is that we have plenty of Seyi Makinde in every household in Nigeria, believing he is untouchable. The only option for now is mass testing, not lock-down. It's like when they said their is a snake in a room, you don't lock everybody up in the room,telling them to shout when they see the snake. why don't you pack everybody outside and thier load, then harmed with cutlass to kill the snake. not forcing them inside ,even without enough antivenom vaccine.
Saao:
did you read the msg? They spoke the mind of every Nigerian. You lock down everything, how can some people survive this?
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by dalass(f): 8:55am On Mar 31, 2020
GEEBITE:
Your head is right and screwed properly in place.Many did not read before making their comments. Really sad.

Thanks jare.. wink
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by dontai(m): 9:08am On Mar 31, 2020
dalass:
Afenifere is right, the chaos was much, forcing people to go out to borrow money, food items, buy essential things, crowd up at ATMs, generally spread and contract the Corona virus more.

It is a panicky speech, too little too late...

Which school kids are they feeding?

Why isn't he allowing Osinbajp to handle crisis situations since he obviously never knows what to do or say in normal circumstances not to talk of critical times like this?!

I think we need to pray more for better leaders in this country against next elections..
Yes spreading the virus even more, why hurriedly shutdown, when the virus have giving us enough time to plan ahead of time to deal with it. When I saw people in the market yesterday and the queue at the ATM, I can't help but shake my capped head, and retrace my nose cover. What I could take out of it is that, we don't even who what time it is. people don't really know what is really happening, they are only running when they heard run. they don't know what is to be achieve with the run.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by dontai(m): 9:09am On Mar 31, 2020
Abi help me ask him oh.
Gabkosh:
Is it your father that now represent yorubas
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by Elipsis: 9:11am On Mar 31, 2020
abysirius:
..should leave its doors ajar and risk the lives of its residents. Special adviser per excellence!!
No be small special adviser per excellence. Lol

I wanted to reply his comment, but then I realized it wasn't just worth it.
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by FanRong: 9:15am On Mar 31, 2020
TheChameleon:

Getting infected with COVID-19 CAN kill you....
you are right.
That's grammar. English language is not my speciality.
Thanks for the correction. � �
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by dalass(f): 9:18am On Mar 31, 2020
Lostz:

is osibade not part of the presidency already? must they officially announce a role for him before he comes out with working suggestions?

A bit of education for you free of charge....... grin

"vice-president has, in reality, no power under the law because he does only what he is delegated to do by the president"
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by holajeedayy: 9:18am On Mar 31, 2020
B
helinues:
This Afenifebi thinks they are still relevant in SW.

Bunch of clones
Ori were to dark Omo ale ni Iwo....bastard Fulani slave

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by helinues: 9:19am On Mar 31, 2020
holajeedayy:
B
Ori were to dark Omo ale ni Iwo....bastard Fulani slave

You wan chop ban for this lockdown?
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 31, 2020
dalass:

A bit of education for you free of charge....... "vice-president has, in reality, no power under the law because he does only what he is delegated to do by the president"

he has no power but he is still part of the presidency and free to suggest workable solution
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by luluman: 9:23am On Mar 31, 2020
Mraphel:
Which Afenifere that doesn't even represent Yoruba's interest. It shouldn't be news cheesy
I'm yoruba and it represent MY interest

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by luluman: 9:25am On Mar 31, 2020
Goddaughter:
Yes true talk my brothers. But as it is now let us do as the president has said. Prevention is better than cure. God Will help everyone if us. AMEN
This is a more sensible manner of presenting responses. You rock, unlike others that will come with Insult.
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by dalass(f): 9:30am On Mar 31, 2020
Lostz:
he has no power but he is still part of the presidency and free to suggest workable solution

Okay.

You suggest to someone who is open to such and not a boss who is known to be stiff, always unaware of important happenings and a confirmed case of difficulty in hearing!

Plus...You can suggest and your suggestion is not taken, you become Mr I too know and what? You stop giving the suggestions altogether!
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by APCNig: 9:34am On Mar 31, 2020
Hi hater, go and die

Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 31, 2020
dalass:

Okay.

You suggest to someone who is open to such and not a boss who is known to be stiff, always unaware of important happenings and a confirmed case of difficulty in hearing!

Plus...You can suggest and your suggestion is not taken, you become Mr I too know and what? You stop giving the suggestions altogether!
osibade will not agree to be on same ticket with buhari.....if he is what you guys paint him to be
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by Basher8583: 9:40am On Mar 31, 2020
Roon9:
Anyone with half a brain knows Buhari's speech was watery and unsubstantial.
Let's not deceive ourselves that corona hasnt already been contracted by the common man. Surely as God lives the virus would die in the persons body and nothing will happen.

As of now na OYO things o

Well for your information people with full brain know that Buharis speech made sense.
Your half brain is the cause of your madness
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by TheChameleon: 9:41am On Mar 31, 2020
FanRong:
you are right.
That's grammar. English language is not my speciality.
Thanks for the correction. � �

It's actually not really a correction, more of a slight alteration in what you presented.

You were mostly right but it seemed as if you implied a 100% mortality rate with COVID 19 which is not the case.

So it wasn't a grammatical correction but a factual, evidence-based one. grin

Cheers.
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by maasoap(m): 9:46am On Mar 31, 2020
helinues:

Bunch of clones

Afenifere, the only disgraceful organisation in the SW. Those old papas are even worse and more corrupt than PDP that they are serving as its mouthpiece. May be the president should have waited till the end of April before announcing the lock down. As they're tackling Buhari for locking down Lagos, FCT and Ogun State, they managed to forget about the governors like Wike and others who had even done that before the FG's announcement.
I don't know what we did in the SW to deserve this shameless organisation. It has transformed over the years to something ugly and nauseating
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by maasoap(m): 9:55am On Mar 31, 2020
Coldie:

Rivers state that right now is supposed to take advantage of this corona virus affecting Lagos to try to scale up economically. With the lockdown going on in Lagos.

This would have been an opportunity for Rivers to receive attention from shipper's on its sea port.

I don't like Wike at all due to his thug nature but the guy did well in this case. You wanted him to make the same mistake made by Buhari because of stupid and selfish economic perspective? May be you are one of the people who still think and believe that this thing is a joke or overrated? Trump referred to it as "hoax", now he knows better. Seyi Makinde didn't believe it and went ahead to hold Ibadan rally with likes of Davido, Atiku's son and Taye Currency all of whom that just returned from UK and USA and who were supposed to be in self isolation, now Seyi knows better. If all these people are given opportunity to rewind the time, don't you think they would have done things differently?
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by Roon9(m): 10:10am On Mar 31, 2020
Basher8583:

Well for your information people with full brain know that Buharis speech made sense.
Your half brain is the cause of your madness

Idiots like you are the real curse in this country. Obviously mediocrity is your companion so I wouldn't even batter words with you. Fvck off
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 31, 2020
laurel03:
afenifepocket won

Eyin bullion van gang.....

We sight you cheesy
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by dukeprince50: 10:13am On Mar 31, 2020
Coldie:

This would have been an opportunity for Rivers to receive attention from shipper's on its sea port.

This isn't about taking over from Lagos but keeping everyone safe,

If u think Rivers can take over from Lagos state in 14days, then u have a problem
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 31, 2020
helinues:

Bunch of clones

Eyin bullion van gang...

We sight you grin
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by Babs91: 10:19am On Mar 31, 2020
Pls Note that this fool is speaking on behalf of his family not Yoruba race. KOSHI DANUN JOO
JosEast:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/afenifere-faults-buharis-broadcast-on-covid-19-2.html
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by ManyThanks: 10:39am On Mar 31, 2020
majamajic:
24 hrs notice about 2 weeks total lockdown ,

See as people dey run like headless chicken yesterday for Lagos

Some are not even doing shopping , some were running around to see whom to borrow from , they have been off business even a week before the announcement

Those that use to sleep inside their cars , this one go sele .

grin those that used to wake up early to run away from landlord , e no go easy oo

They should have made the announcement in the morning 7am , cos the script has been flying around the net since on Saturday night

Why wait till night ?

hehe... bro the panic buying is still on on Abuja. the shops around where I stay here had unusual traffic yesterday. even dis morning still sef.
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by banhammy: 10:48am On Mar 31, 2020
As a matter of fact, please stop referring to Afenifere as pan Yoruba social cultural group.
It's just a group of nuisance.
They don't represent the interest of Yoruba people.
Have you checked on the profile of their members?
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by UNRULY(m): 10:48am On Mar 31, 2020
Coldie:

life first bro. The PH govt was proactive. Kudos to them
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by Basher8583: 11:16am On Mar 31, 2020
Roon9:

Idiots like you are the real curse in this country. Obviously mediocrity is your companion so I wouldn't even batter words with you. Fvck off

Half brain in action
Re: Afenifere Faults Buhari’s Broadcast On COVID-19 by Basher8583: 11:18am On Mar 31, 2020
Roon9:

Half brain in action

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Scenes Of One Of The Viewing Centers Bomblast In Jos / Ben Bruce Congratulates Seyi Makinde, Oyo PDP Governor-Elect / Ganduje: My Victory In Kano Is Down To Hard Work, Not Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.