Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,175 members, 7,880,663 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:29 AM

Corona Virus Is Not That Deadly. Please Stop The Over Panicking. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Corona Virus Is Not That Deadly. Please Stop The Over Panicking. (887 Views)

Corona Virus Is Airborne. Infections Occur Through Aerosol Transmission / A Deadly Influenza Virus Is Spreading Across America, 15 Million People Infected / Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corona Virus Is Not That Deadly. Please Stop The Over Panicking. by MiztaFabuloz(m): 12:20pm On Mar 31, 2020
My people,
I am not trying to say you should be careless about this virus situation, I am only trying to make you all understand that this virus is not as deadly as people are panicking.

If you are scared of corona virus and you are not scared or malaria or typhoid then something is wrong. Chloroquine can cure corona just like it cures other illnesses. If you feel any symptoms of the virus like has already been stated, you can treat yourself and it goes away like malaria and typhoid. This virus affects people based on their immune system just like malaria and typhoid does. Malaria kills a lot of people everyday but yet many people get the sickness and after treatment it's all over.

Yes there is a need to stop the spread right now because of the illiteracy level in our country as many will die more of fear and other health issues than the virus itself.

Please stop the unnecessary panicking, if you feel any symptoms get chloroquine and other related drugs for cough and fever. If you think you are having issues with your breathing then you can see visit the hospital.

I repeat, Corona Virus does not kill the way people are taking it. More people infected by the virus have recovered than those that died. Most people who died are those who had other health issues or out of fear/ over panicking. Please be guided and stay safe.

Thank you and please ignore my grammatical errors as I can't shout.
Re: Corona Virus Is Not That Deadly. Please Stop The Over Panicking. by Keziehenry(m): 12:27pm On Mar 31, 2020
Yes i concur with you. Many Europeans died of malaria when the visited Nigeria if you remember the early missionaries. So, no one should panic cos it will end few weeks from now.
Re: Corona Virus Is Not That Deadly. Please Stop The Over Panicking. by Keziehenry(m): 12:27pm On Mar 31, 2020
Re: Corona Virus Is Not That Deadly. Please Stop The Over Panicking. by Nairalandmonika: 12:31pm On Mar 31, 2020
You are not getting the clear picture, in the history of the world, apart from Spanish flu, there has never been any disease as contagious as coronavirus. And it has a higher mortality rate than Spanish flu.
Spanish flu infected one third of the earth and kill 10 percent of the of the infected one third.

Coronavirus if not controlled will do worst, it may affect two third of current earth population and kill up to 10 percent of infected people.

Two third of the earth is a about 5 billion people and 10 percent of 5 billion people is 500 million people.

500 million people might seems like a small number given that the earth is about 8 billion but it's actually a very large number and it's what the world is trying to prevent.

3 Likes

Re: Corona Virus Is Not That Deadly. Please Stop The Over Panicking. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 31, 2020
The fertility rate is low yes I agree. But the danger is the rate of spreading is extremely fast. Old people and people with underlying health conditions are at risk. Chloroquine can cure it, can you give old people Chloroquine? Can you give people with heart conditions chloroquine? What about people with hypertension? There are so many exceptions. Such people will have to rely on their immune system and antibiotics to fight it that is way people are dying. Let's not forget asthmatic people, this virus should never be taken lightly regardless of the rate of recovery.

1 Like

Re: Corona Virus Is Not That Deadly. Please Stop The Over Panicking. by thesolutions(m): 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2020
The rich are making it seem like a death sentence seeing the death toll in other country. The poor can navigate through this ailment without drugs.

2 Likes

Re: Corona Virus Is Not That Deadly. Please Stop The Over Panicking. by MiztaFabuloz(m): 2:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
grossintel:
The fertility rate is low yes I agree. But the danger is the rate of spreading is extremely fast. Old people and people with underlying health conditions are at risk. Chloroquine can cure it, can you give old people Chloroquine? Can you give people with heart conditions chloroquine? What about people with hypertension? There are so many exceptions. Such people will have to rely on their immune system and antibiotics to fight it that is way people are dying. Let's not forget asthmatic people, this virus should never be taken lightly regardless of the rate of recovery.

Yes I totally agree with you and that is why I said the people at risk are mostly people with serious health issues and especially old people whose immune system are no longer that strong. I know it should be prevented because it spreads really fast but my point is towards the rate of over panicking because that will kill many people more than the virus itself. Some people might fall ill as normal before but because of fear of the virus they might end up taking unnecessary decisions. In some areas, even doctors and nurses are running when a patient comes with symptoms of the virus even without checking them properly.
The medical doctors have been trying to protest about their pay and welfare, now with a virus like this and the rate of panicking, I am sorry to say that many people might suffer because one can have just normal flu or fever and if the doctor tells you its corona virus all for their pocket, there is nothing you can do about it.

The less the panicking, the better for many.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corona Virus Is Not That Deadly. Please Stop The Over Panicking. by faceland: 2:43pm On Mar 31, 2020
Nairalandmonika:
You are not getting the clear picture, in the history of the world, apart from Spanish flu, there has never been any disease as contagious as coronavirus. And it has a higher mortality rate than Spanish flu.
Spanish flu infected one third of the earth and kill 10 percent of the of the infected one third.

Coronavirus if not controlled will do worst, it may affect two third of current earth population and kill up to 10 percent of infected people.

Two third of the earth is a about 5 billion people and 10 percent of 5 billion people is 500 million people.

500 million people might seems like a small number given that the earth is about 8 billion but it's actually a very large number and it's what the world is trying to prevent.

Do you know that in the USA they have the seasonal flu. Since January 2020, 10x people has died of the flu in USA alone than the total death rate of coronavirus in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChnQUV-IdEk
Re: Corona Virus Is Not That Deadly. Please Stop The Over Panicking. by faceland: 2:46pm On Mar 31, 2020
grossintel:

If not for Italy which has a huge population of elderly people, the death rate would be 1%

Another group that are at risk are those with obesity. So USA is going to be hit hard.

1 Like

Re: Corona Virus Is Not That Deadly. Please Stop The Over Panicking. by Nairalandmonika: 2:53pm On Mar 31, 2020
faceland:

Do you know that in the USA they have the seasonal flu. Since January 2020, 10x people has died of the flu in USA alone than the total death rate of coronavirus in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChnQUV-IdEk
Yes I know, but the flu has a treatment, the flu has vaccine, to develop a new vaccine flu will take less than 6 months. But with the coronavirus we don't have a treatment, we don't have a vaccine, to develop a vaccine take yrs. It took 5 yrs to develop Ebola vaccine. We can't wait 5 yrs for coronavirus vaccine.
Re: Corona Virus Is Not That Deadly. Please Stop The Over Panicking. by faceland: 3:03pm On Mar 31, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Yes I know, but the flu has a treatment, the flu has vaccine, to develop a new vaccine flu will take less than 6 months. But with the coronavirus we don't have a treatment, we don't have a vaccine, to develop a vaccine take yrs. It took 5 yrs to develop Ebola vaccine. We can't wait 5 yrs for coronavirus vaccine.

Do you also know that 96% of those who tested positive NEVER showed any symptoms until they recovered?

Those who lost their lives had pre-existing health condition or were over the age of 60

Or do you know coronavirus has been in Nigeria streets for over a month, if it was that dangerous why is it that only 2 unknown persons has died in a country of 200 million people? That Italian visited many places, offices, Banks and even used planes and taxi, use our naira.

1 Like

Re: Corona Virus Is Not That Deadly. Please Stop The Over Panicking. by faceland: 3:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Ebola killed more people in the first 3 months than this coronavirus yet no streets were lockdown.
Re: Corona Virus Is Not That Deadly. Please Stop The Over Panicking. by Nairalandmonika: 3:06pm On Mar 31, 2020
faceland:

Ebola killed more people in the first 3 months than this coronavirus yet no streets were lockdown.

Yes Ebola is more deadly than coronavirus but
When comparing both virus in terms of how contagious they are, u know Ebola is child play.
Re: Corona Virus Is Not That Deadly. Please Stop The Over Panicking. by faceland: 3:08pm On Mar 31, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Yes Ebola is more deadly than coronavirus but
When comparing both virus in terms of how contagious they are, u know Ebola is child play.

Please stop watch CNN. Randomly tone to CNN at anytime and they are talking of coronavirus. That is what they call brainwashing and public re-programming.
Re: Corona Virus Is Not That Deadly. Please Stop The Over Panicking. by Nairalandmonika: 3:13pm On Mar 31, 2020
faceland:

Please stop watch CNN. Randomly tone to CNN at anytime and they are talking of coronavirus. That is what they call brainwashing and public re-programming.
Did u read what I said besides I don't watch CNN.
Just answer my question between Ebola n coronavirus which is more contagious?
Am not arguing the fact that Ebola is more deadly, am talking of how contagious both are.
You obviously need to get learned because u are not
Re: Corona Virus Is Not That Deadly. Please Stop The Over Panicking. by faceland: 3:20pm On Mar 31, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Did u read what I said besides I don't watch CNN.
Just answer my question between Ebola n coronavirus which is more contagious?
Am not arguing the fact that Ebola is more deadly, am talking of how contagious both are.
You obviously need to get learned because u are not
Coronavirus is more contagious than ebola, However it is EQUALLY contagious as the seasonal flu. Now seasonal flu in the USA comes twice a year and has killed ten times more people than coronavirus has kill globally yet CNN is covering COVID-19 24/7.

So in agreement with the OP, we should take precaution but not panic and realized that coronavirus has been in Nigeria for over a month (with most of our naira notes contaminated but only 2 unknown individuals has died in a backward 3rd World Country like Nigeria with 200 million people. Think about that.
Re: Corona Virus Is Not That Deadly. Please Stop The Over Panicking. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
faceland:

If not for Italy which has a huge population of elderly people, the death rate would be 1%

Another group that are at risk are those with obesity. So USA is going to be hit hard.
Yeah, and this people are humans too, our loved ones.. My sister is asthmatic and I wouldn't want her exposed to people for now. Ave pleaded with her to come stay with me since I live alone and don't have friends or visitors around. But she said she's fine but I'm still worried sick. That's why Chloroquine can't be accepted as a cure but a hack or temporal solution, a cure should be generally effective and not selective.
Re: Corona Virus Is Not That Deadly. Please Stop The Over Panicking. by faceland: 8:08pm On Mar 31, 2020
grossintel:
Yeah, and this people are humans too, our loved ones.. My sister is asthmatic and I wouldn't want her exposed to people for now. Ave pleaded with her to come stay with me since I live alone and don't have friends or visitors around. But she said she's fine but I'm still worried sick. That's why Chloroquine can't be accepted as a cure but a hack or temporal solution, a cure should be generally effective and not selective.

You have to take precaution to protect her. Now they are families who would literally stave to death due to the lockdown. Barber, shoemaker etc have to earn the money they would use to buy lunch the very day they are to eat.

I also have a sister that has sickle-cell and she gave me that same reply when I told her to leave Lagos. I also have elderly people that needs protection.

Anyway, apart from Italy, the death rate is 1% and Nigeria is prove of that. We have over 100 confirm cases (I know it is far more but they were not tested), however only 2 died and their identity, age and previous medical condition is a secret. It might be very contagious but not deadly.

I am just saying, those who are high risk should go into Isolation while the rest of use with stronger immunity get exposed and get well and the economy don't have to crash.

On a serious note, it is respiratory illness (attacks the lungs), the fact is your sister better not get coronavirus, it would not be pretty.

1 Like

Re: Corona Virus Is Not That Deadly. Please Stop The Over Panicking. by MiztaFabuloz(m): 11:29pm On Mar 31, 2020
Trust me, it figures in Nigeria the government shows is very shameful because they are only playing politics with the whole thing.

Many people have been infected with the virus without knowing and have cured themselves of the virus without knowing because its just a normal form of flu or fever. Except for people with very critical health conditions and those in their old ages, this virus is just nothing. I agree it spreads very fast but then it also cures very fast compared to the way the government has put so much fear into people. I will repeat it again, corona virus does not kill as much as malaria does. Those running from corona and are not scared of malaria are deceiving themselves because they will only die from fear and lack of knowledge.

(1) (Reply)

.n / Everybody Abeg Contribute: I Need Advice / Where In Lagos Can I Get Podophylin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.