Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,103 members, 7,890,662 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:48 PM

How Lagos Roads Looked Like As The Corona Virus Cases Grew By 500% In 10 Days - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Lagos Roads Looked Like As The Corona Virus Cases Grew By 500% In 10 Days (627 Views)

Egbeda, Lagos Roads Flooded (Video) / Keke, Okada Back On Lagos Roads, One Month After Ban / Pictures Of EPE, LAGOS Roads At Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Lagos Roads Looked Like As The Corona Virus Cases Grew By 500% In 10 Days by drivinginlagos: 2:39pm On Mar 31, 2020
Using a 7" rearview mirror/dash camera over a few days, I chronicled activities on the roads across several areas of Lagos as the Corona Virus cases increased from 27 cases to the current 135 cases in a space of ten (10) days.

The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu had pleaded with religious leaders, a few days after I started documenting by driving around Lagos Roads, to limit congregating during Jumat & Sunday services to 50 persons. He later limited same to 20 persons.

Several organisations not considered essential services started asking their staff to work from home and many Lagos residents started exercising measures to limit the spread of the virus by wearing face masks, wearing gloves, spraying sanitisers and more, still the number of cases kept rising as a good number of Lagosians refused to pay any heed to the existence of the virus claiming that it was a means for government officials to siphon funds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGcF_7fMosg
Re: How Lagos Roads Looked Like As The Corona Virus Cases Grew By 500% In 10 Days by NaijadrivaCars: 9:46pm On Mar 31, 2020
Na wa. Government of the day is focused on containment, what about recontamination?

Imagine someone who is infected is taken to an isolation center and he/she recovers and sent home. What about those places he/she touched when infected? Have they been decontaminated?

I pray this virus doesn't stay longer in Africa due to issue of recontamination, amongst others.

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Roads Looked Like As The Corona Virus Cases Grew By 500% In 10 Days by drivinginlagos: 12:39am On Apr 01, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Na wa. Government of the day is focused on containment, what about recontamination?

Imagine someone who is infected is taken to an isolation center and he/she recovers and sent home. What about those places he/she touched when infected? Have they been decontaminated?

I pray this virus doesn't stay longer in Africa due to issue of recontamination, amongst others.

I believe there are standard measures taken against such just as there are standard measures for disposing medical waste.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Passport Holders Are Not The Only Ones Treated Badly At Airports / Abakaliki 2020 - Drone Video (very Impressive) / Urgent Relocation Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.