Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,288 members, 7,947,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 05:47 PM

'I Thought I Was Going To Die': Nigerian Coronavirus Survivor Shares Her Story - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'I Thought I Was Going To Die': Nigerian Coronavirus Survivor Shares Her Story (521 Views)

Tonto Dikeh Praises Prince Kpokpogri For Changing Her Story (Pix) / Erica Nlewedim: “I Thought I Would Be A Millionaire & Married Before 23” / Don Jazzy - I Thought I Was The Biggest Teddy Bear, Meet A Bigger One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'I Thought I Was Going To Die': Nigerian Coronavirus Survivor Shares Her Story by News247updates: 8:47am On Apr 01, 2020
Oluwaseun Ayodeji Osowobi was one of five patients discharged by Nigerian health authorities in Lagos on Monday after recovering from Covid-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus.

In a series of posts on Twitter on Monday, Osowobi shared her experience living with the virus in an isolation center in Lagos, Nigeria's commercial center.

Her illness began after a trip to London where she attended the Commonwealth Day Service at Westminster Abbey. She was the flagbearer at the service held March 9 where she led the procession that included Queen Elizabeth, members of the royal family and the Commonwealth Secretary-General Patricia Scotland.

The Commonwealth Day service is a yearly celebration of 54 member states including Nigeria, their common ground and achievements.

The 29-year-old said that upon returning home in Lagos, she fell sick and immediately reached out to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) to get tested.

The NCDC is the country's leading national public health institute and has been at the forefront of Nigeria's response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Her test was positive and Osowobi wrote that she was taken by ambulance to the Infectious Disease Centre at Mainland Hospital in Yaba, a suburb of Lagos. An isolation ward had been set up at the hospital for coronavirus patients.

Osowobi is the executive director of Stand to End Rape Initiative, a non-profit organization dedicated to advocating against sexual violence and providing psychosocial services to survivors of abuse.

Her organization has reached around 200,000 people in Nigeria through its services, like training for health workers and providing legal services for survivors of sexual abuse. She was honored as the 2019 Commonwealth Young Person of the Year and was included on the 2019 Time 100 Next List.

After arriving at the hospital, Osowobi said she.... Read full story https://djkotech.com.ng/2020/04/01/i-thought-i-was-going-to-die-nigerian-coronavirus-survivor-shares-her-experience/

Source: Dj Kotech
https://djkotech.com.ng/2020/04/01/i-thought-i-was-going-to-die-nigerian-coronavirus-survivor-shares-her-experience/

Re: 'I Thought I Was Going To Die': Nigerian Coronavirus Survivor Shares Her Story by chatinent: 8:52am On Apr 01, 2020
Near-deathsperiences.
Re: 'I Thought I Was Going To Die': Nigerian Coronavirus Survivor Shares Her Story by Ninethmare: 8:55am On Apr 01, 2020
lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Tacha Fires Back At Ubi Franklin Over His Recent Talk Of Her With Mercy. VIDEO / Cardi B Blast Trump’s Lack Of Leadership Skill During Coronavirus Pandemic-video / Nollywood Entertainer Praises First Spouse, Second Wife Responds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.