Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,549 members, 7,951,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 01:43 PM

Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Replies Apostle Suleman Viral Video Against Pope Francis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Replies Apostle Suleman Viral Video Against Pope Francis (883 Views)

Daddy Freeze & Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Clash Over Easter Teaching / “Most ‘Miracles’ You See On TV Or Crusades Are Staged” – Fr. Kelvin Ugwu / Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Replies Apostle Suleman Viral Video Against Pope Francis by modaink333: 11:48am On Apr 01, 2020
Apostle Johnson Suleman and His
~Copy and Paste Prophecy

All what Suleman said in that his viral video posted on the 28th of March 2020 were not original to him. It was all copy and paste.

The technical name for what he fed his listeners is what is called "conspiracy theory". There are many of them. If you search the web, you will see for yourself. Some are funny, some dumb, some foolish, some interesting, some thought provoking.

Conspiracy theories are advanced form of gossip. It is advanced because unlike normal gossip, you shout this one loud, you want everyone to know the gossip originated from you, you pick some unrelated issues from nowhere, think out something stupid out of them and present them as facts.

There are plenty examples in my head to give you, I don't even know where to start.

One of the popular conspiracy theories you will see is that of the Antichrist.

Many popular figures in history have been called Antichrist. People like Barack Obama, Pope John XXII, Benito Mussolini, Saladin, French Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte, Pope John Paul II, Pope Francis. And so on. . . There are so many compelling but unproven reasons why they were at some point called the Antichrist.

Let me pick that of Pope John Paul II.

I read a funny analysis they gave on why Pope John Paul II was an Antichrist with the 666 mark of the beast.

According to them, Pope John Paul II died on April 2, 2005 (April being the 4th month). He died at exactly 9:37 PM.

Now they run/multiplied the numbers to get: 9 x 37 x 4/2 = 666. And if you include the year of his death 2005, you will also get: 9 x 37 x 4/2 x 200 x 5 = 666,000.

Imagine the reasoning just to convince one that he was Antichrist with 666. That is how smart it can appear but very silly and dumb.

Typical of any conspiracy theory, they make out reasoning for anything. Whatever you say, wherever you go can be interpreted beyond your intention. When John Paul II visited and prayed in a mosque, they said that is the sign of an Antichrist. When he preached about Christians and none Christians being united, they accuse him of trying to create one world religion so as to perpetuate the plan of the Antichrist.

Now back to Apostles Suleman.

Those thoughts from Suleman was never his nor did they even come from God. In fact, one Mr Joseph Okechukwu could possible charge Suleman for plagiarism. Joseph Okechukwu in his Facebook and YouTube accounts had earlier made a detailed video of exactly what Suleman claimed to be a prophecy from God.

There are four points in his 30 mins video:
1. That the Coronavirus was created to control people.
2. That Pope Francis is Antichrist and one of those behind this virus.
3. That they are planning to create a world religion to subjugate everyone.
4. And that Donald Trump is the saviour and if not reelected, the world is finished.
These are from Joseph Okechukwu's video.

Then after some days, Suleman surfaced, went through some of the theorists he could lay hand on, dusted them, rewrote some, then wore shine shine blue suit, cut his bald head and came out like one with an over riped ego to present them as God's words. Chaiiiiiii!

To me, Suleman was just simply saying that his followers are stupid people who don't have any reasoning of their own. If he respected them enough, he won't have played down on their collective intelligence under the guise of "God told me."

This is the problem with conspiracy theories. I will try to explain it in simple terms.

Human reasoning cannot be left hanging, it must find something to hold on to.

For example, when Buhari could not address Nigerians, some people came up with the theory that he is either dead or he has been flown out of the country. Because we do not know where the story originated from, we can simply call it rumour or gossip.

But conspiracy theory will take it further. Someone propagating it will make himself known. He will put many unrelated things together to prove that Buhari is either dead of COVID-19 or has been flown out secretly. He will intelligently quote speeches and words of some people out of context to justify it. He will be so convincing such that even when you happen to see Buhari with your own eyes, you will still not believe he is alive.

We know that Coronavirus is a big deal. Many of us are looking for answers. No one has sufficiently provided one. To this, it is easier for the brain to make up any reason since the brain cannot be left hanging on the air. So for Suleman, it makes sense to him that the Pope killed and still killing all those in Italy; it makes sense to him that Coronavirus is a chemical weapon; it makes sense to him that the vaccine for Coronavirus is the actual disease. It also make sense to him that we all would have been finished and killed if not for Donald Trump.

Do you now see why you must be careful with the type of people you listen to? That people wear suit does not mean they have sense. That they use God's name does not mean they even know God.

Those behind any Conspiracy theory have this penchant to present their assumptions and imaginations as facts. They have a very silly way of picking just a word or some words from your ten minutes presentation and read a total different meaning to it that will be convincing to poor minds.

Dear friends, don't let confused people infect you with their silly conspiracy virus. Their virus is worst, they create more fears in you so that you will run to them for help and by that they begin to control you.That is the same thing they claim to be protecting you from. Suleman himself has even said that if you have the virus, you don't need to take treatment, all you need do is to join him in his Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday Prayers and by Thursday you will give testimony. What does that say to you?

We all know the number of those that have tested positive for coronavirus. It is not hidden. If Suleman fabricate someone to give fake testimony, we will ask the person to tell us where he did his testing.

Fear these people, they are the true enemy of the gospel. They are the Antichrist. Imagine the number of people with symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19 but will not go for treatment and subsequently die because Apostle Suleman promised them healing. These so called prophets make mess of the true fight against Coronavirus virus.

Please disregard all of them, let us fight this virus together both by prayers and by taking proper precautions.

Please kindly share. . .God bless you!

#FacebookTelevision

1 Like

Re: Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Replies Apostle Suleman Viral Video Against Pope Francis by Righteousness89(m): 11:53am On Apr 01, 2020
Revelation 22:11-13
11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Like My Late Father-in-Law will say

RAPTURE WILL TELL!!
Re: Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Replies Apostle Suleman Viral Video Against Pope Francis by Shelumiel: 11:54am On Apr 01, 2020
Some people are super jobless.
Re: Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Replies Apostle Suleman Viral Video Against Pope Francis by Iyiataata92: 12:21pm On Apr 01, 2020
Even without this piece, I know Suleman was just being stupid. Though the piece made sense especially that of Pope John Paul II
Re: Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Replies Apostle Suleman Viral Video Against Pope Francis by Mobi47(m): 1:06pm On Apr 01, 2020
my priest. fearless and always standing for the truth in the love of God and his people.

1 Like

Re: Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Replies Apostle Suleman Viral Video Against Pope Francis by ade2291(m): 1:36pm On Apr 01, 2020
This man has spoken well though. I can bet my two balls Suleiman didn't receive any message from God. Lie lie Apostle.

But on the aspect of John Paul II praying in a mosque, I think that can't be justified following the true gospel of Christ. One may be forced to ask, in what name did he prayed while in the mosque? Is it allowed for one to pray with Christ's name in the mosque? We are talking of people who don't see Jesus the way you sees him as a Christian.
Re: Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Replies Apostle Suleman Viral Video Against Pope Francis by ochibuogwu5: 1:45pm On Apr 01, 2020
Great Grace Padre!!!
Re: Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Replies Apostle Suleman Viral Video Against Pope Francis by jplusnaira: 3:36pm On Apr 01, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Replies Apostle Suleman Viral Video Against Pope Francis by Dyonne: 3:04am On Apr 03, 2020
It's pretty clear that Suleiman has been online digesting various conspiracy theories.

It's rather unfortunate because some of the things he said might actually happen, particularly the bit about a universal currency. If it does happen it will unfortunately lend him some credence not because he received any divine revelation but because it may become a necessity.

As humanity advances, so does technology and we incorporate it into our lives. That's all there is to it and it's how we have improved the quality of our lives thus far.

If your mind is sufficiently imaginative, you can find a conspiracy theory in just about everything.
Let me see if Suleiman will not accept the so called mark of the beast when it happens. Maybe he will revert to collecting yam and tomatoes as tithe/offering from his parish.

(1) (Reply)

Natural Law And Homosexuality. / Is There Any Mystery About Babies Born With Dreadlock Hair? / This Is Why Death Doesn't Make Any Sense At All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.