Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,499 members, 7,881,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 07:20 AM

Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans (41745 Views)

Do Nigerian Quarantine Hotels Adhere To COVID-19 Protocols? (video) / Coronavirus: Edo Sit-At-Home Order, Benin City In Pictures / Doctors, Nurses Around The World Unite In Begging People To Stay At Home (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by cybeks(f): 10:01pm On Apr 01, 2020
Somebody here said the DESTMA agency was not on official duty on the last post of the incident in Warri. I hope he sees this post and see DESTMA Asaba on official duty ordered by the state govt
Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by Austineva(m): 10:02pm On Apr 01, 2020
Yes o. Am not a Deltan but I live in Delta but, I tell u, we are very good people. Kudos to Ifeanyi Okowa, our amiable governor
Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by Mryacks: 10:18pm On Apr 01, 2020
realokopi:
In Jos, reverse is the case. People are still going about their normal businesses despite the lock down order.
Maybe it's because no case has been reported in the state.

I think so...but if any case comes up (God forbid) some people will be more afraid to move anyhow..

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by agulion: 10:28pm On Apr 01, 2020
Ishitinyourlife:
Seun listen and listen carefully, I don't care if you're a Muslim or a Christian but your bias on religion is intolerable, why in Gods name do we have to sign an undertaking to comment on a Muslim thread when they comment freely on us.
This is pure nonsense and you should do something about this, stop being unfair to a religion because of your personal disposition. I realise this is your website but there are rules that guides this shit you can't just do whatever you like.
very annoying, what the hell is the meaning of that

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by EteBabaagba222(m): 10:29pm On Apr 01, 2020
*CORONAVIRUS - NIGERIA LOCK DOWN A NIGHTMARE*

By February 27th, 2020 when the first index case of Coronavirus was confirmed in Nigeria, its destructive capacity all over the world has been well known to all and sundry. Equally, the main solution to curtailing its spread and protect the Citizens has become a common knowledge to both the leaders and the led but one is bewildered that the leaders who are bombarding the Citizens with preventive measures not to contact this disease are the ones contacting it. Why? Is it a case of turning it into a status symbol, making it a condition for sharing money or simply a case of indiscipline or sheer wickedness?

If the Citizens faced with untold hardship are taking necessary precautions to save the nation from the grip of this pandemic why is it too much for our leaders to observe the same precautions in the interest of the nation or how else are they contacting the virus if not through shaking of hands and gathering in large numbers for birthdays, weddings and political meetings without observing social distancing. Or maybe it was posted to them directly from China. Leading by example is just alien to our leaders or is it in their genes to always be a source of woes to Nigerians?

On Sunday, the President broadcast to the nation the Government plans to combat this dangerous virus and flush it out of Nigeria. He also informed of the steps to be taken to cushion the effects of the partial lock down on Nigerians. These are excellent plans which if properly executed will not only free us from the cluches of this virus in a short while but will equally protect our economy and the people's welfare from getting worse. Kudos to the Government for coming up with these bold and pragmatic plans, we hope they will implement it sincerely.

However, the ninety seven confirmed cases of people already infected as at Sunday 29th March, 2020 is disturbing, although they are already under management and could cause less damage but what should be of great concern to all is the claim of the Minister of Information and Culture that 4370 people of interest are already in our midst and are being traced. What if these people are actually carrying the virus? Can we estimate the number of people they might have infected by now and where and where this people might have travelled to? Do we even know many who might have also sneaked into the Country through our various porous borders manned by highly corrupt officials carrying this virus? This is the reason why we must all cooperate with the Government in our own and national interest by complying with all safety instructions given by the Ministry of Health and NCDC to prevent the spread of this virus if we do not want the situation to escalate like that of Italy that will necessitate a total lock down of the Country. That will be a serious nightmare, may God forbid you say. We better stay at home, wash our hands regularly, observe social distancing and avoid any form of gatherings to prevent this happenning to us.

Yes, a total lock down of the Country will be a nightmare to the Government as well as the Citizens if one considers the following prevailing social economic situation in Nigeria which must elicit the patriotic zeal in us to do whatever we can to prevent the escalation of this virus and save the nation.

1. We are entering the raining season which may make the weather favourable to the growth and festering of the virus. Most of the Countries that are worst hit are in their cold season with low degree celcius. We must join hands to stop the spread of the virus now before it is too late.

2. Poor state of our medical facilities and shortage of medical personnels will signal high death rate incase the figure of infected people become overwhelming. Already there are complaints about shortage of testing facilities, poor attention and treatment given to some infected people out of just 97. Imagine if the figure is 10, 000, the health facilities and personnels will crash. It's beter it doesn't happen, please stay at home.

3. Conservatively put, almost 70% of Nigerians are living from hands to mouth on daily transactional income. How will they survive two or four weeks without working if the whole Country is lock down? Will it be possible for Government to provide essential needs for the people during the stay at home? How will they do it, is Nigeria structured to allow this kind of welfare arrangements? Are we all morally equipped to allow this to happen and achieve the desired purpose? This is the major nightmare. Can we all see why we must not allow this situation to deteriorate if we do not want the worst calamity to befall us? Maybe, when we survive this, we will now take our life more seriously and do the right things to make Nigeria work for all situation.

4. High dependency ratio with lots of able bodied Nigerians jobless, who takes care of them during the lock down to prevent them turning into nuisances or lapse into depression? Can the Government provide relief allowances for them during the period? How will they do it, do they have database of all unemployed Nigerians? Why should this be a problem to Nigeria in this 21st century? Please, stay at home.

5. Many Companies will generate low or no income during the period and they will have to pay their workers salaries. How will they recover their losses to avoid retrenchment after the lock down? Can Government give certain percentage tax relief to cover the loss or we face mass retrenchment afterwards with its attendant negative consequences? Please, let's support the Government to flush out the virus within 14 days of this partial lock down.

6. Many Nigerians and SMEs are in debts that required weekly and monthly repayments, if there is no activities for a whole month, how will they repay their loan after the lock down without becoming destitutes? Can the Government prevail on all Financial Institutions to give loan repayments holidays for two to three months to ease the burden on Nigerians and instruct CBN to find ways of cushioning the effects on Financial Institutions? The negative impact is better imagine than becoming reality. Please, avoid any form of gathering under any guise.

7. The Country main source of revenue is going south by the day with Petroleum price selling around $20 per barrel, the IGR will be seriously threatened while the foreign reserves will be further depleted to meet the high recurrent overheads that must be satisfied. Where will the Government get funds to finance the palliative for the people's welfare all over the Country without running into crisis? This is the time to stand as one to save Nigeria in our own collective interest. Please, report any suspected cases in your neighbourhood.

8. Most Countries that could be of assistance are also battling with saving their own Countries except China whose conditionalities for assistance in this kind of situation might turned Nigeria into a Chinese colonised state and the Citizens a modern slave to the Chinese. That will be worst than Coronavirus, we better act now to save the nation. Please, surrender yourself if you have any of the symptoms.

The President has spoken and spoken well, we better cooperate with one another and the Government now to ensure we continue to live in good health and dignity of life now and after the demise of Coronavirus, which is imminent. Please stay at home, wash your hand regularly, observe social distancing, drink hot water, avoid any gathering and report yourself when you notice any of its symptoms or any suspected cases in your neighbourhood. A stitch in time saves nine. We cannot afford total lock down of the Country now, please let's join hands with the Government to flush this deadly virus out of Nigeria within 14 days of this partial lock down, it is possible with the cooperation of you and I, please stay safe.

Nigeria must progress and this require our collective efforts and we have to be intentional about it for there to be progress. Please play your own part by complying with all safety instructions given by our medical experts and continuing praying for God's mercy to save Nigeria and the world from this self inflicted calamity.

I am the One to enjoin what is good by always saying and doing the right thing. What about you?

God bless you and God bless Nigeria. Be an Ethical Ambassador.
Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by Nigeriapen(m): 10:33pm On Apr 01, 2020
WATCH MAN SLAPPING A SOLDIER WHO PUNISH HIM FOR LOCKDOWN ORDER VIOLATION.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdeci2Ot-f0&t=13s
Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by mechanics(m): 10:40pm On Apr 01, 2020
realokopi:
In Jos, reverse is the case. People are still going about their normal businesses despite the lock down order.
Maybe it's because no case has been reported in the state.
A friend of mine said there is no restriction of movement but markets have been shut.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 01, 2020
No be for Warri o.......
Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 01, 2020
May God help us.
Mryacks:

I think so...but if any case comes up (God forbid) some people will be more afraid to move anyhow..
Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 01, 2020
Very few shop owners adhered to the order. Most shops are still opening.
mechanics:
A friend of mine said there is no restriction of movement but markets have been shut.
Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by Risingblue008(m): 10:45pm On Apr 01, 2020
Ishitinyourlife:
Seun listen and listen carefully, I don't care if you're a Muslim or a Christian but your bias on religion is intolerable, why in Gods name do we have to sign an undertaking to comment on a Muslim thread when they comment freely on us.
This is pure nonsense and you should do something about this, stop being unfair to a religion because of your personal disposition. I realise this is your website but there are rules that guides this shit you can't just do whatever you like.
U r correct, I've been wondering why?

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 01, 2020
Ishitinyourlife:
Oga, no disturb Seun... Go and create your own website and tell them to be an "undertaker" before they can comment on Christian thread
Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by legitbro44: 11:22pm On Apr 01, 2020
StephenSammie001:
On a more serious note, people are really adhering to the stay at home order even though some are still stubborn.

No money no money, country no good but no one wanna die. Lol

God will help us

abi
Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by luluman: 11:35pm On Apr 01, 2020
ossaioviesucces:
Lockdown Order: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order as Ossai Applaud Deltans

Delta State Governor Sen Ifeanyi Okowa order restricting movements in Delta State for two weeks has left many major streets/roads in Delta state deserted.

In all the places visited by the Delta State Governor aide on Media Mr Ossai Ovie Success, Deltans were seen observing the stay at Home order including social Distancing. Is it not the same Delta we read that youth attack taskforce?

According to Ossai, Deltans are law abiding citizens and the State Government led by Governor Ifeanyi Okowa need to be commended for the measures put in place in avoiding the spread and fear of COVID-19.

"I am overwhelmed with Deltans for obeying the stay at home order by the Delta State Governor Sen Ifeanyi Okowa.

Deltans are amazing and law abiding people .

This is the time for us all to come together to fight this COVID-19 pandemic which has affected our economy.

As we obey the stay at home order, we should also embark on prayer for our nation" he said while calling on well meaning Deltans to assist the people by donating food items and other preventive measures for the COVID-19.
Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by Walago99: 11:49pm On Apr 01, 2020
《《《SECURE DIGITAL PLATFORM 》》》

Invest minimum of $20 (~ NGN 7,200) in for€x investments, precious metals , cryptocurrenci£s like bitcoins , ethereum etc and get up to 10 % everyday for 20 DAYS. You can start making up to ₦10,000 daily

Register Now: W W W. D I G I S A F E. P R O

This is completely a side income program where you focus on your day to day activities while earning money on the side.
E.g: Invest N10,000 and get up to N1,000 everyday.
This platform is very legitimate.

We are aware the forex market is very volatile and returns depends on various factors, some beyond our control. So we have several cushion effect in place to ensure security of invested funds.

BANK TRANSFER, BITCOIN AND ETHEREUM ACCEPTED.

You can WhatsApp < 0 8 0 7 2 9 8 1 5 2 8 > for more details.
Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by 1Dray(m): 12:09am On Apr 02, 2020
Ishitinyourlife:

Seun, you need to read this. You're not being fair to all concerned.
Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by 1Dray(m): 12:10am On Apr 02, 2020
Oluwapluto:

Oga, no disturb Seun... Go and create your own website and tell them to be an "undertaker" before they can comment on Christian thread

This is rubbish. Who made you a Seun's spokesperson. Let him air his opinion.
Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by Iknowhow: 12:21am On Apr 02, 2020
Ishitinyourlife:
He can actually...
Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by MainJoe: 1:11am On Apr 02, 2020
Covid-19: Akwa Ibom's Lesson For Other States To Learn From
https://www.nairaland.com/5768968/covid-19-akwa-iboms-lesson-other#88006916

Lockdown means nothing without testing, isolating and treating infected ones
Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by xaggar(m): 1:27am On Apr 02, 2020
Ishitinyourlife:

What's the difference between an Islamist and a Muslim?

Seun is both.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by Hypocrit: 1:52am On Apr 02, 2020
The places don't have names or are these all the places in delta state? Asaba is now the only place in delta. Snaping major roads for us. Restricted photos.
Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by Hypocrit: 1:57am On Apr 02, 2020
etibaba:
What about the ones beating up state Taskforce at Sapele? Or is Sapele situated at Edo now?
He go snap empty roads come from Asaba, as if na only Asaba be Delta.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by Everest9(m): 2:31am On Apr 02, 2020
Ishitinyourlife:

Wooo, wooo seriously I don't notice this till now, honestly this is not negatiable the same rules must be applied in both side, I check it and as am talking to you mo I can't comment in musilm thread because I clicked no that i believe in God. Yes he owned the forum no doubt about that but if he really respect the people who made him who he is then he should as a matter of urgency remove such rules or apply it in both side simple.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by CzarChris(m): 3:00am On Apr 02, 2020
Higgies:
Obey for where... Mosogar, Jesse to Okirigwhe axis keke dey work... every thing normal... even okada work... no hindrance.
Exactly, I come dey ask myself whether na d same Delta State wey I dey.
Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by makewetalk2: 3:47am On Apr 02, 2020
aren't you trying to give them a bad name? The government is pleased with the response of the people and you are saying otherwise. No one is buying your joke. You are insidious.
what you did was bad and it is called defamation. If you actually sit at home, how did you see the whole of Delta to ascertain your blasphemy?
Guy go! People like you are demonic. Una go day spoil people name and day act like say na joke
Everything about a whole state na wahala How many people do you really know in that state for you to make such a horrendous statement? Don't say such a thing about the poor citizens of a state. It is bad and evil
tetula123:
Same Delta where a video surfaced of guys harassing task force officials and even chasing one with a machete grin grin.
Everything about that state na wahala. Rumor burst say person catch corona my neighbor say he Dey go the area go confirm. :Warri.
Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by tetula123(m): 4:50am On Apr 02, 2020
makewetalk2:
aren't you trying to give them a bad name? The government is pleased with the response of the people and you are saying otherwise. No one is buying your joke. You are insidious.
what you did was bad and it is called defamation. If you actually sit at home, how did you see the whole of Delta to ascertain your blasphemy?
Guy go! People like you are demonic. Una go day spoil people name and day act like say na joke
Everything about a whole state na wahala How many people do you really know in that state for you to make such a horrendous statement? Don't say such a thing about the poor citizens of a state. It is bad and evil
I ain’t the cause of your problems bro. Ciao
Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by Nobody: 4:54am On Apr 02, 2020
makewetalk2:
still have sense. Did the guy say the whole state didn’t adhere. Or did what he say didn’t happen in the state? Demonic kii you there.
Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by otokx(m): 5:22am On Apr 02, 2020
Kindness218:
And the state government gave China Civil permission to work throughout the stay at home order

What are they working on and where?
Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by CapitalHYC(m): 5:26am On Apr 02, 2020
Ovie, better don't be deceived and dont deceive people, if this thing breaks out soon in Delta a lot of people are going down with it... With the number of videos I saw online yesterday, Deltans are taking it for joke, it's better you tell them Italy story, they forming Area for the Pandemic in Warri , no social distancing or anything even at the ATM. . Hmm ... I Laff in Swahili
Re: Lockdown: Deltans Adhere To Stay-At-Home Order As Ossai Applaud Deltans by ofiko123(m): 5:30am On Apr 02, 2020
Nice one..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Enenche Commissions Messiah Medical Centre In Jos / Nigerians Raise N70m For Baby With Hole In His Heart In Less Than 48hrs (pics) / Asa: Ogun State Community Where People Are Suffering — Man Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.