Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,407 members, 7,950,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 05:12 AM

Nigerians Shine Your Eyes - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerians Shine Your Eyes (495 Views)

Eyes Test!! :how Many Squares Can You See (pic) / Do Diamonds Shine Or Reflect? / Just For Your Eyes: What A Wonderful World! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Shine Your Eyes by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 30, 2010
I am constrained to write this treatise as I know a lot of my friends are friends of Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, the President of Nigeria.  As a Nigerian in Diaspora I am like Nehemiah saddened by what I hear and read about our great country Nigeria (Neh 1:1-4; 2:1).  I’ve asked myself “is President Goodluck Jonathan, the type of leader Nigeria needs at this critical time of her existence?  Does he have the will, boldness, sagacity and might to frontally confront the evils that has befallen our beloved country?  Is he his own man or a lame duck that is there to dance to the tune of seen and unseen drummers?  Does he love the country to the point of saying “if I perish, I perish” for the sake of Nigeria?  Will he prefer that the status quo be maintained in order for him to remain in power while Nigeria burns and her citizens suffer? 
How has our president fared in last one year as both President and Acting President?     
Corruption: how much has he been able to confront this cancer that is almost destroying the very fabrics of the nation?  I hear/read that people very close to him have been involved in money laundering offences.  What has done about it?  Have we not seen people who were jailed for corruption and those with very questionable characters being part of Jonathan for President campaign teams.
Security: has he been able to make a difference in the security of lives of Nigerians?  Has kidnapping abated or increased? Of course you and I know that its on the increase.  What about the crisis in Jos? What has he done to bring the perpetrators of these carnages to book?  Look at the bombings of Christmas eve, there had been security reports of the possibility of this happening, what did the government do to stop it?  The same applies to the Independence Day bombing.  The list of security lapses is endless.
What do we say about education, which you and I know is in a comatose.  The health sector is nothing to write home about.  No good roads.  Power has not improved.  Every facet of the nation is down for the count.
Fellow Nigerians, this is not the time for tribal or religious sentiments.  All we need is a President who is his own person and not a lame duck.  A President who has the will, judiciousness, wisdom and capacity to deliver.  Irrespective of tribe, whether Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, Kanuri, Fulani etc we need a President who is proactive and incorruptible.  A person who sees himself as being accountable to Nigerians and not party warlords.  Your religious affiliation has nothing to do with this.  Your background whether you wore shoes to school or slippers to school is immaterial.  I know of at least one of the federal legislators who when were in the university wore slippers to classroom for most of the time, because he couldn’t afford to buy a shoe.  But today, what has he done to ameliorate the problems of the common man?  Nothing!
Nigeria is on her brink.  You and I have a collective responsibility to save her.  So Shine Your Eyes.  A word they is enough for the wise.  He who has ears to hear let him/her hear.

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Year Oh! / What Is Your 2011 New Year Resolutions / Do U Need A Topclass Graphic Designer For Ur Magazines? If Yes: Call 08029792547

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.