Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,821 members, 7,889,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:52 PM

Suggestion Box: How To Develop Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suggestion Box: How To Develop Nigeria (920 Views)

Buhari Welcomes Offer From Islamic Development Bank To Develop Nigeria (Photo) / Photos From The Nigeria Senate Launch Of Suggestion Box At Plenary Today / Here Are 6 Ways You Can Develop Nigeria's Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggestion Box: How To Develop Nigeria by chumakk: 7:56pm On Jun 05, 2007
please sorry for entering into your FCT without permision.this is my reason,
if you have any contrubtion on how this our land will be develop,please kindly drop it.
thank you
Re: Suggestion Box: How To Develop Nigeria by FirstClass(m): 8:09pm On Jun 05, 2007
We cannot go far if the government does not make Education her number one priority. Anytime I look at our national budget and see the percentage allocated to education, I shake my head. We are far from improvement as long as we don't realise that we have to do our own learning. G8, IMF, WorldBank etc. cannot do our thinking for us. We have to do it ourselves. As long as education remains just one of those things and not the main thing, then I don't see hope.
Power of course is another big issue. My generator has been running for over 12hrs, I will soon put it off and put on the second one which will run till tomorrow morning. If the government supplies power, I'll have more money to save at the end of the day. Just my 2 cents. Thanks.
Re: Suggestion Box: How To Develop Nigeria by Seun(m): 10:23am On Jun 06, 2007
We cannot go far if the government does not make Education her number one priority
There is no "we". There is "me", there is "you", and there's "them".
I will go far whether the government likes it or not! Will you choose to do the same?
Re: Suggestion Box: How To Develop Nigeria by MILITIA(f): 2:08am On Jun 07, 2007
@FirstClass

God bless you! Education is the key! Starting now from September --- teachers, have to retrained to teach our youths how knowledge constitutes power. We have to consult top educational models around the world so we can measure up. Ideas from South Africa, Ghana, U.K, U.S.A, China and so on should be studied so we can come up with what works and what does not. It was a terrible idea to phase out polytechniques. Not everyone is an academician. We need good mechanics, plumbers, electricians and so on to provide meaningful employment for our citizens.

Right now, we do not have any educational systems in place.
Re: Suggestion Box: How To Develop Nigeria by MILITIA(f): 2:12am On Jun 07, 2007
@Seun

Going far is an individual process as much as a collective process.   When you move your body from point A to B, you do not leave some parts of your body with you.  Even the mind may wander off occasionally, but it still remains with you unless of course you have crossed over to "Kololand" grin  "We" have to play our parts individually as well as collectively.

(1) (Reply)

War War Iii: The Price Of Diverting Attention. / A Protest Note To Spanish Authorities / Obas & Ibb: Who Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.