Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,808 members, 7,912,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 02:05 AM

The Mission Of The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mission Of The Church (525 Views)

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / The Light Of Islam (contd): The Mission Of Jesus / Was The Mission Truly Accomplished? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Mission Of The Church by yommyuk: 12:12am On Dec 31, 2010
God sent Jesus Christ into the world to proclaim his glory and to testify the Good News of redemption.

John 8:18
18 I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.”

In his departure, Jesus passed this mission on to the Holy Spirit

John 16:5-11
5 but now I am going to him who sent me. None of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’ 6 Rather, you are filled with grief because I have said these things. 7 But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 about sin, because people do not believe in me; 10 about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11 and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.

It is the Holy Spirit who in turn fills the church and empowers believers (christians) to fulfill the mission of Jesus Christ in the world.

Matthew 28:18-20
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Acts 1:7-8
7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

CONCLUSION

Philippians 4:13
"For I can do EVERYTHING thru Christ who gives me strength" - I will say a big hallelua and Amen to that cheesy

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit at all times.

God bless wink

(1) (Reply)

A New Book About The Division Of Inheritance / London, Uk: Nigerian Politician Abducted. / Coming Persecution And Terrorist Attack In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.