Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,777 members, 7,972,798 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 06:28 PM

Wike Lifts Curfew On Parts Of Port Harcourt, Recalls Suspended Chairman - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Lifts Curfew On Parts Of Port Harcourt, Recalls Suspended Chairman (29066 Views)

Edo Assembly Recalls Suspended Lawmakers / Governor Wike Lifts Over 2-Month-Old Curfew In Rivers State / Governor Ikpeazu Dissolves His Cabinet, Recalls Suspended CoS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Lifts Curfew On Parts Of Port Harcourt, Recalls Suspended Chairman by Bevista: 11:38am On Apr 03, 2020
ogbunaigwee:
local govt chairmen that was appointed and not elected,its like u re new in nigeria....no worry u go soon understand wetin d sup for dix place
Ok. I actually suspected that was the case. But it makes the governor even look worse. Would we all accept if the Fed President delayed state elections and rather have caretaker governors instead?
Re: Wike Lifts Curfew On Parts Of Port Harcourt, Recalls Suspended Chairman by doffman: 11:54am On Apr 03, 2020
futuregovernor:
Wike,the only man that humble and retired the Lizard of Ubima. The tormentor of zombies. Active Governor,I hail you sir. Zombies can go and hug transformers
Continue hailing those that embezzled your money .

1 Like

Re: Wike Lifts Curfew On Parts Of Port Harcourt, Recalls Suspended Chairman by Austino50: 12:23pm On Apr 03, 2020
futuregovernor:
Wike,the only man that humble and retired the Lizard of Ubima. The tormentor of zombies. Active Governor,I hail you sir. Zombies can go and hug transformers
Foolish comment like this is not needed in this extraordinary times the world is in now
Re: Wike Lifts Curfew On Parts Of Port Harcourt, Recalls Suspended Chairman by Naustine(m): 12:24pm On Apr 03, 2020
someone in the know, told me that the Rivers case is an audio case, aimed at extorting FG...its turning out to be true
Re: Wike Lifts Curfew On Parts Of Port Harcourt, Recalls Suspended Chairman by cnwachukwu50: 1:31pm On Apr 03, 2020
Oga Coronavirus will not reach us here in Rivers and imo state
Re: Wike Lifts Curfew On Parts Of Port Harcourt, Recalls Suspended Chairman by naijatvnet(m): 2:22pm On Apr 03, 2020
naijatvnet:
Wike lifts Curfew, recalls suspended Council Chairman & Deputy

–Borders and Markets Remain Closed

-Parlliatives to commence soon

The Rivers state Governor Nyesom Ezenwor Wike has lifted the curfew imposed in parts of Port Harcourt, the state capital.

Governor Nyesom Wike has also recall the suspended Chairman and Deputy of Obio-Akpor Local Government Council Hon. Abel Eke and His Deputy.

The Governor stated that the lifting of the suspended Obio-Akpor Chairman and his Deputy became possible following the intervention of well-meaning citizens of the state.

Speaking during a state-wide broadcast on Thursday, in Government House, Port Harcourt, Governor Wike said:

“My Dear Good People of Rivers State, you will recall that three days ago, Government imposed 24 hours curfew from Education Bus stop to Agip Junction, Ikwerre Road and Obiri Ikwerre Junction to Ozuoba, Rumualogu and Choba.

“This became imperative because residents of these areas flagrantly disobeyed the sit-at-home order that was designed to contain the spread of coronavirus.

“As a responsive government, we promised that all directives issued during this period will be reviewed from time to time”.

He further said that:

“After a meeting of the State Security Council today, the following decisions were taken:

1. With effect from Tomorrow, April 3, 2020, the 24 hours curfew imposed from Education Bus Stop to Agip Junction along Ikwerre Road and Obiri Ikwerre Junction to Ozuoba, Rumualogu and Choba has been lifted.

2. All Borders and Markets in the state remain closed.

3. Following the interventions of some well-meaning citizens of the state, the suspension of the Chairman and Deputy Chairman of Obio/Akpor Local Government Area has been lifted. However, this should serve as a warning to Local Government Chairmen and Traditional Rulers who will allow markets to be open in their areas.

4. Residents of Mgbuosimini-Rumueme in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area are hereby warned to desist from flouting Government directive on closure of markets or be prepared to face unpleasant consequences.

5. Commercial vehicle operators will soon get appropriate directives on their operations in order to maintain social distancing.

6. Implementation of palliatives to cushion the effect of recent directives on the citizens will soon take effect.

7. International Oil Companies operating in the state should support government by donating towards the containment of the virus.
Governor Wike further thanked Residents for their understanding during the period.

He said:

“My Dear Good People of Rivers State, let me sincerely thank all of you for your patience and understanding all these days.

“The sacrifices we are all making have greatly helped us not to record any positive case since the index case was reported.

“As we continue to put in our best as human beings, we expect that the Almighty God will intervene on our behalf and wipe away this plague from our midst.

He concluded:
“May I therefore urge you all to continue to seek the face of God as we earnestly await His divine intervention”.

However, the dusk to Dawn curfew imposed by the Governor in Rivers state on Teusday had generated serious tension and confusion following the clamp down and arrest of residents by members of the state joint task force team early hours before the 6pm curfew time

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/covid-19-wike-lifts-punitive-curfew-on-parts-of-port-harcourt/amp/

This post is an exclusive creation and content of Naijatv.net. I don't know why nairaland had to place a Google and vanguard link on our post? What's the meaning of this house? And I can't edit the post anymore. Why this?

See the link here: https://naijatv.net/wike-lifts-curfew-recalls-suspended-council-chairman-deputy/
Re: Wike Lifts Curfew On Parts Of Port Harcourt, Recalls Suspended Chairman by spencekat(m): 2:58pm On Apr 03, 2020
SoNature:
I have a problem with the fact that governors suspend and reinstate local government chairmen.

Which constitution gave them such powers?
I was about asking the same question.
Re: Wike Lifts Curfew On Parts Of Port Harcourt, Recalls Suspended Chairman by mclechelle: 3:07pm On Apr 03, 2020
I wasn't even observing any curfew
Re: Wike Lifts Curfew On Parts Of Port Harcourt, Recalls Suspended Chairman by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 03, 2020
Jack500:
Lagos pls, do the same, dont let me die in this house, I am officially tired, it Is like I am a prison.

no stay indoor and be safe, it is better to die if hunger than of corona.
Re: Wike Lifts Curfew On Parts Of Port Harcourt, Recalls Suspended Chairman by Legendguru: 5:42pm On Apr 03, 2020
Oj
Re: Wike Lifts Curfew On Parts Of Port Harcourt, Recalls Suspended Chairman by Deyemz(f): 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2020
Ok
Re: Wike Lifts Curfew On Parts Of Port Harcourt, Recalls Suspended Chairman by Autotech312(m): 10:07am On Apr 04, 2020
SoNature:
I have a problem with the fact that governors suspend and reinstate local government chairmen.

Which constitution gave them such powers?

I wonder o, as if BUHARI can do that to governors.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akeredolu Sworn In As Ondo Governor (Photos) / Senator Abdul Ningi Resigns As Chairman Of Northern Senators Forum / Amaechi As Buhari’s Moral Burden. The Sun.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.