Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,049 members, 7,899,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 06:24 PM

We Are Immuned To Coronavirus As Nigerians - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / We Are Immuned To Coronavirus As Nigerians (530 Views)

Testing Kits Contaminated With Coronavirus As They Head To The UK / Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Coronavirus Outbreak In Lagos, Nigeria / Africa Free Of Coronavirus As Egyptian Suspect Tests Negative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Immuned To Coronavirus As Nigerians by upper(m): 12:19am On Apr 03, 2020
Reality is that for some reason, we are not responding to the virus the way the developed countries are. In our community hospital forum, we have not reported an upsurge in the number of respiratory infections that may be Corona virus...So it appears the positive cases are either not sick enough to come to hospital or we have a good grasp of it...I would believe the former The possibilties are that
1. The warm weather reduces survival time of droplets so transmission has to be directly from person to person
2. Our Malaria immunity may be working in our favour as the virus responds to anti malarial drugs and may therefore have some antigenic characteristics as plasmodium falciparium that causes malaria.
3. The reported reduced symptom seen in patients who have had BCG vaccine will likely be seen in Nigeria where most if not all children get vaccinated due to high prevalence of tuberculosis in developing countries. This may also explain why symptoms are less severe in children and more in elderly who may not have been immunized at the time they were born......My theories

Dr muomalu
Re: We Are Immuned To Coronavirus As Nigerians by upper(m): 12:24am On Apr 03, 2020
cc lalasticlala
Re: We Are Immuned To Coronavirus As Nigerians by upper(m): 12:25am On Apr 03, 2020
cc lalasticlala
Re: We Are Immuned To Coronavirus As Nigerians by Votewisely2019: 12:39am On Apr 03, 2020
Your assumptions may be correct. But this poster has a reasonable point.
grossintel:
You don't have any single evidence to back this claim, Covid-19 cases are rising in Africa irrespective of the weather, the only African country testing faster then the rest is South Africa currently 1440 cases. If hot climates is the cases what of Iran? In as much as I wish to believe your claim, it's the fastest way of getting us all killed by ignoring the warnings, it's better we're scared and safe than sorry.
Re: We Are Immuned To Coronavirus As Nigerians by xristos(m): 12:50am On Apr 03, 2020
Just an assumption and a wish though...
But I want to believe it
Re: We Are Immuned To Coronavirus As Nigerians by Katier00(f): 1:19am On Apr 03, 2020
Don't flatter yourself yet
Re: We Are Immuned To Coronavirus As Nigerians by Nobody: 1:27am On Apr 03, 2020
God of black know the way He dey arrange Him thing
Re: We Are Immuned To Coronavirus As Nigerians by Nobody: 3:24am On Apr 03, 2020
You don't have any single evidence to back this claim, Covid-19 cases are rising in Africa irrespective of the weather, the only African country testing faster then the rest is South Africa currently 1440 cases. If hot climates is the cases what of Iran? In as much as I wish to believe your claim, it's the fastest way of getting us all killed by ignoring the warnings, it's better we're scared and safe than sorry.

1 Like

Re: We Are Immuned To Coronavirus As Nigerians by AntiChristian: 7:27am On Apr 03, 2020
The guy above me don talk my mind!

OP, we are not immune to it at all!

(1) (Reply)

Covid19: No Certified Case Of Coronavirus In Anambra State - Hospital Report / Cross River Showed New York The Way. / KANO: Expert Explains Why There May Be Rise In Deaths, Pleads For Calm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.