Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,356 members, 7,920,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 02:51 AM

Where Exactly Is Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Exactly Is Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari? (402 Views)

Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina / Osinbajo More Powerful Than Buhari’s Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari –Tony Momoh / Court Asked To Sack Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari, Boss Mustapha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Exactly Is Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari? by Shehuyinka: 5:33pm On Apr 03, 2020
THE whereabouts of Abba Kyari, President Muhammadu Buhari’s powerful Chief of Staff, remains unknown, days after he announced that he had tested positive to the Coronavirus.

Very few people appear to have been able to speak to Mr.Kyari since he officially announced his Coronavirus positive status on Wednesday.

Even among his coterie of close friends, associates and family members, there is no certainty about exactly where Kyari is, though many believe that he is somewhere in Lagos.

A close family friend of the powerful Buhari aide said that although Kyari himself announced to the world that he was traveling to Lagos to receive adequate medical attention, “the truth of the matter is that anybody who tells you that he or she knows where he is just speculating, except if they are in the same room wherever he is”.

It was learnt that Kyari has shut down all his regular Nigerian phone lines and has communicated with only a very few people, including his wife and children, with “his UK number”.

The news of Kyari’s Coronavirus positive status was broken on March 24 when the result of a test carried out earlier was delivered to him at the Presidential Villa.

However, the presidency was silent on the matter until Kyari confirmed it in a statement on March 29, in which he announced that he would be going to Lagos “for additional tests and observation”.

“I have made my own care arrangements to avoid further burdening the public health system, which faces so many pressures,” he said further, adding that he was feeling well.

“Like many others that will test also positive, I have not experienced high fever or other symptoms associated with this new virus and have been working from home. I hope to be back at my desk very soon, Kyari stated.

Close family sources confirmed that Kyari was transported to the airport between 11.00 pm and midnight on the same day he released the statement, March 29.

However, no family member or friend could say for certainty that Kyari actually flew to Lagos from the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.

According to sources, no member of his family accompanied him on the trip.

In fact, one close family friend said that Kyari’s wife expressed concern that he was leaving for Lagos alone and offered that either she or one of their children accompany the sick politician, a suggestion which, according to reports, was quickly rebuffed by him.

However, a friend of the CoS told our reporter that he spoke to him during the week he traveled to Lagos, and that Kyari told him that he was doing fine.

The friend, who said he has not spoken to him since then, told The ICIR that he noticed that he coughed persistently. But, besides that, he said Kyari said he was feeling fine.

An associate of the powerful presidential aide, who has spoken with him frequently in recent days, said that his doctors had to take his phones away from him because he was receiving too many calls.

However, the aide said “he is allowed to use his UK line sparingly on a few occasions to call his family or pass instructions to key aides”.

Asked if he knew for certainty that Kyari is in Lagos, the associate said that he believed the CoS when he told him that he was in Lagos, adding that “ I believe even the President believes that the Chief of Staff is in Lagos”.

READ MORE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/where-exactly-is-chief-of-staff-abba-kyari/

Re: Where Exactly Is Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari? by firo08(m): 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2020
He died in an undisclosed hospital In London.
Re: Where Exactly Is Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari? by Comedian2019: 5:51pm On Apr 03, 2020
When he is well, he'll speak out. Be patient.

1 Like

Re: Where Exactly Is Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari? by ojun50(m): 5:54pm On Apr 03, 2020
Look up he is flying

1 Like

Re: Where Exactly Is Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari? by slimfit1(m): 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2020
Get a job man

1 Like

Re: Where Exactly Is Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari? by fuckingAyaya(m): 6:07pm On Apr 03, 2020
No man can hold Nigeria to ransom ask Abacha
Re: Where Exactly Is Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari? by GamalNasser: 6:08pm On Apr 03, 2020
I am sure he is in some nice mansion in Ikoyi recuperating and watching CNN ..COVID can't kill anyone in Nigeria yet

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: List Of Nigerian Governors Who Have Tested Positive And Negative / Nigeria’s Coronavirus Cases Rise To 276 / Breaking News: Kano State Government Lift Stay At Home Order For One Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.