Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,040 members, 7,970,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 11:46 PM

Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political (1894 Views)

Rivers: All Eyes On Magnus Abe As Political Permutations Changes / Seun Kuti To Register 'Movement Of The People' As Political Party (Pix) / Fayose’s Last Dinner Party, Food Wasted As Political Appointees, Friends Shun It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by 0m0nnakoda: 10:23pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nuzo1:

Enjoy sir.
I don't do insults on behalf of politicians.
Keep kwayet
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by Miracle1991: 10:24pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nuzo1:
Well, most Igbos are happy with the conviction.

The problem the Igbos usually have with such conviction is that such justice doesn't go round.

The question will be; what happened to his governor colleagues from 1999-2007.

Na only him and jolly Nyame waka come?

That's when you start hearing Igbos defending "their son" since the other people's sons cannot be touched for the same offense.

Nigeria cannot grow an inch without equal justice, effective reward and punishment system.

Truth!
when Dariye was jailed nobody from the north said why not igbo,
The same people that this Man (kalu) stole the future of their unborn children are the one crying for his release. Just imagine the poor infrastructure in abia State. It is an insult to Nelson Mandela for igbos to compare a known thief with him Mandela.
This ohanneze are fun of supporting and defending their children even though he is known world wide as thief. No wonder 95% of them are criminals.
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by Salvador1: 10:27pm On Apr 03, 2020
johnmartus:
Imagine what this Anambra man are saying...we from Abia state are happy with his conviction in fact the years they gave him was very small.
An Anambra person that not step his foot on Abia state can't decide our future. Anambra people should face their own state they should stop poke nose at what is happening in Abia state.
afonja goddess

Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by Nuzo1(m): 10:40pm On Apr 03, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

Keep kwayet

Can you leave the insults out?

Back to your question, i will be lying to you if i told you I understood why Saraki, Uduaghan and co are in the discus.

As for obi, I can't remember commenting about obi either in his defense or support here on nairaland. I never voted for him because I never liked his leadership nor his personal lifestyle. He was unnecessarily too miserly for a leader. But one thing I don't think i can take away from him was that he has not been alleged to misappropriated state funds.

And why should I exclude yaradua because he's late? And even if we do, my point is that that all past ex governors ALIVE today has a serious case with EFCC, but somehow the government is not serious about it. But your defense is that they have a good way of covering themselves. How?

And how does Saraki, Uduaghan etc not being convicted help your argument?

I don't even understand where you are coming from. State your points clearly instead of accusing me of being sentimental.
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by Nuzo1(m): 10:47pm On Apr 03, 2020
Miracle1991:
The same people that this Man (kalu) stole the future of their unborn children are the one crying for his release. Just imagine the poor infrastructure in abia State. It is an insult to Nelson Mandela for igbos to compare a known thief with him Mandela.
This ohanneze are fun of supporting and defending their children even though he is known world wide as thief. No wonder 95% of them are criminals.

Why are you quoting me and addressing issues different from what I raised?

Please quote the article or op for your concerns. But if you must quote me, let it be in relation with my submission on the topic.

Na waoh.
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by 0m0nnakoda: 10:58pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nuzo1:

Can you leave the insults out?

Back to your question, i will be lying to you if i told you I understood why Saraki, Uduaghan and co are in the discus.

As for obi, I can't remember commenting about obi either in his defense or support here on nairaland. I never voted for him because I never liked his leadership nor his personal lifestyle. He was unnecessarily too miserly for a leader. But one thing I don't think i can take away from him was that he has not been alleged to misappropriated state funds.

And why should I exclude yaradua because he's late? And even if we do, my point is that that all past ex governors ALIVE today has a serious case with EFCC, but somehow the government is not serious about it. But your defense is that they have a good way of covering themselves. How?

And how does Saraki, Uduaghan etc not being convicted help your argument?

I don't even understand where you are coming from. State your points clearly instead of accusing me of being sentimental.

I have not insulted you . I asked you to keep quiet
It is clear you cannot comprehend simple English.
I have No argument
I am refuting yours. You claimed all past governors except Obi and Yaracua are clean and only those in the good books of government are prosecuted

Did I ask you to exclude Yaradua.

I did not mention him because he is dead and we are talking about prosecution. Can you prosecute a dead man You chose to make an issue of my decision to exclude him and now you are turning it. You are very sentimental

I did not attack or defend Obi I just question why he is different? As claimed?
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by 0m0nnakoda: 11:07pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nuzo1:

You were so quick to pick obi while you overlooked the first name yaradua.

What is the meaning of this nonsense?
You reason like a child and ask people not to insult you?
So quick?
How quick exactly?
Yaradua is dead . You are the one that claims he is clean. Personally I have no idea but it is not an issue today and i was addressing a very specific point you made that people are not prosecuted because of their relationship with the government
What relationship does a dead man have ?

Your excessive parochialism disables your thinking
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by Nuzo1(m): 1:21am On Apr 04, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

I have not insulted you . I asked you to keep quiet
It is clear you cannot comprehend simple English.
I have No argument
I am refuting yours. You claimed all past governors except Obi and Yaracua are clean and only those in the good books of government are prosecuted

Did I ask you to exclude Yaradua.

I did not mention him because he is dead and we are talking about prosecution. Can you prosecute a dead man You chose to make an issue of my decision to exclude him and now you are turning it. You are very sentimental

I did not attack or defend Obi I just question why he is different? As claimed?
0m0nnakoda:

What is the meaning of this nonsense?
You reason like a child and ask people not to insult you?
So quick?
How quick exactly?
Yaradua is dead . You are the one that claims he is clean. Personally I have no idea but it is not an issue today and i was addressing a very specific point you made that people are not prosecuted because of their relationship with the government
What relationship does a dead man have ?

Your excessive parochialism disables your thinking

You have changed your line of argument 3 times now.

First, you said Kalus other colleagues were smart enough to cover their tracks. I counterd it by telling you that EFCC on a life broadcast has their case files with hard evidence.

2. From there, you jumped to yaradua being dead and doesn't count (weird argument), i said it counts but that's not the issue. I only used yaradua because he was the class of 99 EFCC said was clean. So what happened to the rest since it's only yaradua and a few others were clean.

3. From there, you jumped to obi. Why are my exonerating him.

Read again, this time carefully....

I didn't claim yaradua was clean, Ribadu's EFCC of about 15 years ago did on a national broadcast. Ribadu in the same broadcast indicted all his colleagues except Duke of cross river and one or two others i can't remember.

And i only brought in yaraduas name because he governed the same time with Orji Kalu. I wasn't trying to do a corruption competition with anybody. I was just using EFCC template to put things in perspective. They announced on NTA that apart from yaradua and a few others, all others were indicted for corruption, and that included my state governor.

So who is parochial here? What exactly is your point?

And by the way, who said we can't talk about dead people who governed us? Is abacha not in the news every day?

I was very sure what i heard from Ribadu that very afternoon when he excluded yaradua and a few others from the looters.

My first comment here was very clear. With their case files in EFCC, what happened all these while till now if not the parochialism you keep talking about?

What happened to Goje and Omisore's case to mention a few? Very straight forward case.

I brought in obi into the discuss because for his miserly lifestyle, he starved his state of some important projects and that in turn made him not to soil his hands with state funds according to EFCC score sheet.

I didn't mention the new entrants like my favorite Zulum, abiodun and Makinde because they've not been really tested. And it seems one or two of the three might fail the test given recent happenings.

So sir, find out who got you upset and settle your issues with him. You don't need to twist my statement to satisfy your ulterior motives.

You are not fit to bully me with insults and blackmail into agreeing with whatever you believe or don't believe in.
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by 0m0nnakoda: 5:23am On Apr 04, 2020
Nuzo1:

You have changed your line of argument 3 times now.

First, you said Kalus other colleagues were smart enough to cover their tracks. I counterd it by telling you that EFCC on a life broadcast has their case files with hard evidence.

2. From there, you jumped to yaradua being dead and doesn't count (weird argument), i said it counts but that's not the issue. I only used yaradua because he was the class of 99 EFCC said was clean. So what happened to the rest since it's only yaradua and a few others were clean.

3. From there, you jumped to obi. Why are my exonerating him.

Read again, this time carefully....

I didn't claim yaradua was clean, Ribadu's EFCC of about 15 years ago did on a national broadcast. Ribadu in the same broadcast indicted all his colleagues except Duke of cross river and one or two others i can't remember.

And i only brought in yaraduas name because he governed the same time with Orji Kalu. I wasn't trying to do a corruption competition with anybody. I was just using EFCC template to put things in perspective. They announced on NTA that apart from yaradua and a few others, all others were indicted for corruption, and that included my state governor.

So who is parochial here? What exactly is your point?

And by the way, who said we can't talk about dead people who governed us? Is abacha not in the news every day?

I was very sure what i heard from Ribadu that very afternoon when he excluded yaradua and a few others from the looters.

My first comment here was very clear. With their case files in EFCC, what happened all these while till now if not the parochialism you keep talking about?

What happened to Goje and Omisore's case to mention a few? Very straight forward case.

I brought in obi into the discuss because for his miserly lifestyle, he starved his state of some important projects and that in turn made him not to soil his hands with state funds according to EFCC score sheet.

I didn't mention the new entrants like my favorite Zulum, abiodun and Makinde because they've not been really tested. And it seems one or two of the three might fail the test given recent happenings.

So sir, find out who got you upset and settle your issues with him. You don't need to twist my statement to satisfy your ulterior motives.

You are not fit to bully me with insults and blackmail into agreeing with whatever you believe or don't believe in.
You really expect me to read this rubbish? Seriously?
Go and sort out your self esteem issues
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by oyatz(m): 7:34am On Apr 04, 2020
Stop all these unnecessary victim mentality.

Orji Uzor Kalu's corruption case started shortly after he left office in 2007. He was off and on attending court cases.

He is not a strong politician in either PDP or APC and definitely not a strong contender for 2023. There is no private citizen southern or Northern politician that can jail anybody.
What you wrote is just the figment of your imagination.

kingi777:
The imprisonment of Sen Orji Uzor Kalu (OUK) is purely political ochestrated by a Southern politician because of 2023. Any thing that stands in the way is bulldozed down. Check the role OUK played during the election of principal officers of the National Assembly. He was outspoken & vociferous in making sure the South East did not loose out in both chambers. Sen OUK is in prison today because he is being seen as one of the obstacles for the realization of the 2023 ambition of the said man. Sen OUK's corruption case is used as a cover up; 2023 is the main reason for imprisoning him.
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by Coldie(m): 7:40am On Apr 04, 2020
This ohaneze youth council don't speak for anybody.

Don't take them serious. They are just a bunch on nuisance
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by slimfit1(m): 7:46am On Apr 04, 2020
johnmartus:
Imagine what this Anambra man are saying...we from Abia state are happy with his conviction in fact the years they gave him was very small.
An Anambra person that not step his foot on Abia state can't decide our future. Anambra people should face their own state they should stop poke nose at what is happening in Abia state.

Igbo people don't like to hear the truth I don't know why.
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:12am On Apr 04, 2020
no need to panic, he is the next president of Nigeria come 2023
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by 0m0nnakoda: 8:16am On Apr 04, 2020
Miracle1991:

I agree partially but what is "North"?
Is that an ethnic group? Does Dariye not have an ethnic identity?

How is North a corollary for Igbo?
Re: Orji Kalu : Ohanaeze Finally Speaks, Describes Conviction As Political by splendour7(m): 8:34am On Apr 04, 2020
johnmartus:
yoloba Man Cant You See That You Have Failed In All Your Efforts To Instigate Hatred Among Igbo States?Thought Few Days Ago You Said You Are From Imo? Now You Are From Abia? Tomorrow You Will Be From Enugu,ebonyi Or Anambra,,continue We Already No Your Tricks Na You Go Tire!! What Happend To Your Previous Area4area Monika

(1) (2) (Reply)

To Hell With Biafra - Uwazuruike / Photo News: Ongoing Pro- Oduduwa Independence Rally In London Today - Pics / Occupy NASS For Quick Restructuring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.