Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,392 members, 7,901,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:31 PM

French Doctors Want Coronavirus Vaccines To Be Tested On Poor Africans - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / French Doctors Want Coronavirus Vaccines To Be Tested On Poor Africans (696 Views)

The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed / China Approves Two Coronavirus Vaccines For Human Trials / French Doctors Say 'Test Coronavirus Vaccines In Africa", Eto’o, Drogba React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

French Doctors Want Coronavirus Vaccines To Be Tested On Poor Africans by Sunky200: 10:45pm On Apr 03, 2020
Two top French doctors said on live TV that coronavirus vaccines should be tested on poor Africans, leaving viewers horrified.
A discussion between two top French doctors on live TV left viewers horrified when they proposed that Africa should become a giant laboratory for coronavirus vaccine testing because the continent lacked the resources to defend against COVID-19.
In the segment broadcast on the French TV channel LCI, Jean-Paul Mira and Camille Locht raised the idea of testing new vaccines on impoverished African populations.
Mira is head of the intensive-care department at the Cochin Hospital in Paris, while Locht is the research director at the French National Institute of Health and Medical Research, known as Inserm.
"If I can be provocative," Mira said, "shouldn't we do this study in Africa where there are no masks, no treatment, no intensive care? A bit like we did in some studies on AIDS. We tried things on prostitutes because they are highly exposed and do not protect themselves."
Locht agreed, saying: "You are right. We are actually thinking of a parallel study in Africa to use with the same kind of approach with BCG placebos," referring to vaccination against tuberculosis that Inserm says has appeared to protect children against infections, particularly respiratory ones.
The footage, broadcast Wednesday, triggered a deluge of outrage accusing the doctors of white colonial attitudes.
Several of Africa's leading soccer players, including the former Chelsea star Didier Drogba and the former Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o, also tweeted their anger.
Drogba, who is from Ivory Coast, tweeted : "It is totally inconceivable we keep on cautioning this. Africa isn't a testing lab. I would like to vividly denounce those demeaning, false and most of all deeply racists words."
"Welcome to the West, where white people believe themselves to be so superior that racism and debility become commonplace," tweeted Ba, who is from Senegal . "Time to rise."
Inserm, ranked as the world's second-best research institution in the health sector, issued an official statement on Twitter saying the proposal had been "wrongly interpreted" and included the hashtag "#FakeNews."
On Thursday, there were more than 6,700 confirmed coronavirus cases and 229 deaths in Africa, with many countries imposing a range of preventive and containmentmeasures against the spread of the pandemic, according to African health officials.
France alone has logged 59,105 infections and 5,387 deaths.
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-vaccines-france-doctors-say-test-poor-africans-outrage-2020-4?fbclid=IwAR3EErI1-wqDM5umLbWbAC6WTFe0R6deI2qhGCk5AEjKrCRtoRPKKJXtd5k
Re: French Doctors Want Coronavirus Vaccines To Be Tested On Poor Africans by Sunky200: 10:46pm On Apr 03, 2020
When you have a bunch of wicked leaders, who are themselves slaves to masters ,this is how the world will continue to see your people when you don't know care about your people. They will continue to say Africans are not doing anything. I will not be surprised the political leadership in most African countries have already signed up to this dangerous experimentation... If the Devil exist, the French govt is the Devil
Re: French Doctors Want Coronavirus Vaccines To Be Tested On Poor Africans by slimfit1(m): 10:57pm On Apr 03, 2020
I don't blame them now when we behave like a perfect monkey. You too look don't you deserve to be used for the experiment?
Almost 200 million people no common sense, taking orders from 1 man with no certificate now.
Our government an online beggar. Right now the only thing we are good for is experiment shekana
Re: French Doctors Want Coronavirus Vaccines To Be Tested On Poor Africans by densiks: 11:04pm On Apr 03, 2020
angry

The French guys said the truth.

Africans must prove that they deserve to be treated with respect when they begin to fix Africa from every possible angle.

Anger or rage from few or all African voices will never change the white man’s inner convictions about Africa.

A continent where you have terrible and outdated leaders as Presidents in their country who treat common illnesses abroad and import face masks??

I’m a strong advocate of the true African dream and I don’t know when it will ever be achieved.
Oh I weep for Africa....

1 Like

Re: French Doctors Want Coronavirus Vaccines To Be Tested On Poor Africans by hodari: 11:15pm On Apr 03, 2020
Is it the same France people are dying like rats? Charity begins at home. Useless idiots.

2 Likes

Re: French Doctors Want Coronavirus Vaccines To Be Tested On Poor Africans by Atomemmy(m): 11:17pm On Apr 03, 2020
shocked
Re: French Doctors Want Coronavirus Vaccines To Be Tested On Poor Africans by SEGLIZ: 11:29pm On Apr 03, 2020
mad men everywhere.
those doctors deserves death sentence by corona virus.

2 Likes

Re: French Doctors Want Coronavirus Vaccines To Be Tested On Poor Africans by Sunky200: 8:02am On Apr 04, 2020
they no longer hide their evil agenda against Africa.

Bill Gate vaccine comes to mind, West are dying but the vaccine is coming to Africa.

(1) (Reply)

Corona Virus: Nigeria Virus Spread Made Me Not To Believe / Covid-19 Lagos To Extend 14 Days Lockdown / Additional Case Of Coronavirus Confirmed In Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.