Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,404 members, 7,932,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 03:17 AM

Bomb Blast In Abuja - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast In Abuja (28981 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Bomb Blast In Gombe, Outside PDP Presidential Campaign Rally / Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by LRNZH(m): 10:18pm On Dec 31, 2010
tamedo:

Where is this country heading to??

-->Heading to where OBJ and his cohorts have planned it to go.

No third term means no progress for Nigeria.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by BigB11(m): 10:20pm On Dec 31, 2010
It is absolutely impossible to ask a chicken to give birth to a lion; Jonathan must go!
We do not need a leader that was crowned by luck. Nigeria at this point needs a true leader with a complete capability to push this defective country forward.

If Nigerians don't get themselves together and elect a bright, strong, tough, experienced leader, America may end up sending their folks down to Nigeria to come and get you people organized.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by SapeleGuy: 10:23pm On Dec 31, 2010
This is not the time for scoring cheap political points or pointing the finger of blame ( there will be plenty of time for that later, so please, let us respect the dead - put your political opinion on hold for now)

Right now, we need to come together as a nation and condemn these acts for what they are - a wicked and heinous destruction of innocent lives.
The perpetrators must be brought to book by any means necessary.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by BigB11(m): 10:25pm On Dec 31, 2010
I wonder how long it's going to take luckyman to come out publicly to address this latest development.
I bet you this dude is on the phone getting instructions from his masters.

We need a real leader, absolutely not a lucky student.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Gbawe: 10:27pm On Dec 31, 2010
ode remo:

Can you not see the political under tone of these bombing that seem to be occuring days before the PDP presidential primary?These bombing have nothing to do with GEJ.

go home and put your thinking cap on b4 coming here.
scram.

Don't mind him . As if most of us are dullard who do not know this could all be tied in to "do-or-die" politics. Did I not even mention in a post above that Atiku may well be a suspect considering he was threatening fire and brimstone recently . Perhaps ola edo does not understand that we are blaimng GEJ squarely because he is failing Nigerians . If this is the work of his opponents is that not even more damning considering that his foes , who are out of Government , are getting the better of our C in C this easily? "Nothing to do with GEJ" indeed !!!!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by calaway: 10:27pm On Dec 31, 2010
This is becoming a very bold faced attack from those that have vowed to make Nigeria ungovernable. I have never like the crop of Politicians in whoes hands  Nigeria has been placed by the very architects of all our woes and as Nation past prsent an futre, GEJ is no exception but under the circumstance he is the better of the unimaginably evil options. To attempt to place the blame for the spate of bombings on his doorstep by expecting him to somehow know when a misguided messenger of doom decides to place a bomb amounts to retarded reasoning which defies any logic. Unless the plan is to create a scenario tht will allow some waiting plan to cash in on the confusion. So we give a dog a bad name to hang it,in this case the government is being portrayed as inapt and a martial government seizes power. A very Good Script(you need to be an evil genius to hatch this one). Frankly I am all for this if it will save our nation, so long as I dont see Abduls and mohammeds and Buharis or Adamu in the list of so called emancipators of Nigerians. Simply put we are tired of these Hausa/Fulani/northern people reaping where the have never sown. So if there must be a coup in the offing please please and please no hausa/northerner as our leaders or else as many other Nigerians I swear I will go back to my part of this sorry a.s country and make sure that not a drop of my oil leaves home We will fight you to the last drop and we will also take the fight to your doorstop bomb mosque in Sokoto and kano during full sessions on a regular basis. In contemplation  of a coup and there is no guarantee of compliance to the afore mentioned kindly allow us take our chance with GEJ. and please leave churches alone.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by philip0906(m): 10:28pm On Dec 31, 2010
SapeleGuy:

This is not the time for scoring cheap political points or pointing the finger of blame ( there will be plenty of time for that later, so please, let us respect the dead - put your political opinion on hold for now)

Right now, we need to come together as a nation and condemn these acts for what they are - a wicked and heinous destruction of innocent lives.
The perpetrators must be brought to book by any means necessary.

d bold is ofcourse impossible undecided
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by jumobi1(m): 10:31pm On Dec 31, 2010
Enemies of democracy are at work. Nigeria would eventually split up.
There is no way any rational person can blame Jonathan. If i wake up tomorrow and decide to blow up somewhere in Nebraska, i probably can.
This is Africa we are talking about. No government can keep an eye on its people enough to prevent such acts. All he can do is try too give idle Nigerians a reason to live by the law, Something his predecessors didn't do a better job at. Some people don't want power to switch to the South. That's all.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by oderemo(m): 10:31pm On Dec 31, 2010
If Nigerians don't get themselves together and elect a bright, strong, tough, experienced leader, America may end up sending their folks down to Nigeria to come and get you people organized.
and i hope u r not here rooting for your guy again. no time for that now. lipsrsealed embarassed
i agree with you thou that jonathan is a squire peg in a circle.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by BigB11(m): 10:32pm On Dec 31, 2010
Right now, we need to come together as a nation
Coming together as a nation becomes very challenging when there is no leader.

It is obvious that at this point Nigeria as a nation is very fragile, I challenge our lucky leader to come out and present what he has planned to secure the country during the new year festivity or the 2011 election.

I can assure you that he has nothing in place. This dude is busy worrying about the green eagles and ivory coast.
Give me a break.

Disaster like this happens when you have a very weak and incompetent leader in charge.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Tugbaski: 10:32pm On Dec 31, 2010
Shey no be banger sha.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by cold(m): 10:34pm On Dec 31, 2010
Whilst it is unfortunate that this incident(s) have taken place,this will definitely propel JEG into action.All these 'the perpetrators will be brought to book crap' is gettin old.We need to see some action.JEG,it's time to step up,no more sacred cows
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by AbuMaryam1(m): 10:35pm On Dec 31, 2010
Kai! its really another sad story, what is happening in this country its separation? no. this government is a failed government. Jonathan is the couse of this nonsense, He delibratly exonerate MEND during the scenario of oct 1st bomblast, that one don go, thirteen containers were found with explosive material heading to Nigeria uptill now wennn nothing tangible is going on, an aircraft was found loaded with heavy weapon at Mallam Aminu Kano intl airport nothing has been heard abt it, Bayelsa state, it happen couple of days, rampant killing of inoocent by boko haram in maiduguri e.t.c hitherto this zoologist is busy looking for a way to win PDP primaries. Not even the major election.
                                                          I'm weak, is that a GEJ's devidend of democracy ? we a long way to go in jungle call biafra, oh sorry Nigeria.we have to unseat PDP in power otherwise NIGERIA will be another Iraqi, at your watch.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by LRNZH(m): 10:36pm On Dec 31, 2010
calaway:

This is becoming a very bold faced attack from those that have vowed to make Nigeria ungovernable. I have never like the crop of Politicians in whoes hands  Nigeria has been placed by the very architects of all our woes and as Nation past prsent an futre, GEJ is no exception but under the circumstance he is the better of the unimaginably evil options. To attempt to place the blame for the spate of bombings on his doorstep by expecting him to somehow know when a misguided messenger of doom decides to place a bomb amounts to not-so-smart reasoning which defies any logic. Unless the plan is to create a scenario tht will allow some waiting plan to cash in on the confusion. So we give a dog a bad name to hang it,in this case the government is being portrayed as inapt and a martial government seizes power. A very Good Script(you need to be an evil genius to hatch this one). Frankly I am all for this if it will save our nation, so long as I dont see Abduls and mohammeds and Buharis or Adamu in the list of so called emancipators of Nigerians. Simply put we are tired of these Hausa/Fulani/northern people reaping where the have never sown. So if there must be a coup in the offing please please and please no hausa/northerner as our leaders or else as many other Nigerians I swear I will go back to my part of this sorry a.s country and make sure that not a drop of my oil leaves home We will fight you to the last drop and we will also take the fight to your doorstop bomb mosque in Sokoto and kano during full sessions on a regular basis. In contemplation  of a coup and there is no guarantee of compliance to the afore mentioned kindly allow us take our chance with GEJ. and please leave churches alone.

Calaway, since the recent blasts and violent events that have occurred in Jos, Yenagoa, Maiduguri and now Abuja, what have you seen any public official say or do that amounts to  a serious will to tackle our these? Is it not time enough to declare a state of emergency in a state like Plateau? Have you heard anything from GEJ regarding this?

R we suppose to teach GEJ how to keep his political adversaries on their toes? IBB, Atiku and a host of other politicians are corrupt and there is evidence for this but nothing!
GEJ seems to have turned a blind eye.

My brother, OBJ's legacies (incl. GEJ) and PDP are not going to take us anywhere if we actually reason this out.
If OBj had held free and fair election in '07 we wouldn't be with the likes of Yar'adua, GEJ and PDP.
Other parties would have been more active in governance leading to more competition to perform (fr eg ACN knows it cannot mess up in LAG otherwise PDP will wrest power from it).
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by AbuMaryam1(m): 10:39pm On Dec 31, 2010
cold:

Whilst it is unfortunate that this incident(s) have taken place,this will definitely propel JEG into action.All these 'the perpetrators will be brought to book crap' is gettin old.We need to see some action.JEG,it's time to step up,no more sacred cows
The guy is a failure he will soon invite the actors for a tea in Aso rock.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by oderemo(m): 10:39pm On Dec 31, 2010
WE SHALL MAKE NIGERIA UNGOVERNABLE",

Atiku, Babangida, Saraki, Gusau, Ciroma

(Northern Leaders Political Forum
)

if that is not  enuf for jeg to take action i personally dont know what will.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by koruji(m): 10:40pm On Dec 31, 2010
And who is this "real" leader you are trying to sell us? No real need to answer - it makes your mouth smell to even try to plug IBB, as if he was not the source of it all.

Please go sit down somewhere!

Big B1:

It is obvious that at this point Nigeria as a nation is very fragile, I challenge our lucky leader to come out and present what he has planned to secure the country during the new year festivity or the 2011 election.

I can assure you that he has nothing in place. This dude is busy worrying about the green eagles and ivory coast.
Give me a break.

Disaster like this happens when you have a very weak and incompetent leader in charge.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by BigB11(m): 10:40pm On Dec 31, 2010
Jonathan must go!
In fact, he should just step down.

You can not handle this country by only hoping for miracle or good luck. The problems on the ground must be tackled head on.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by cold(m): 10:40pm On Dec 31, 2010
LRNZH:

Calaway, since the recent blasts and violence events that have occurred in Jos, Yenagoa, Maiduguri and now Abuja what have you seen any public official say or do that amounts to  a serious will to tackle our these? [b]Is it not time enough to declare a state of emergency in a state like Plateau? [/b]Have you heard anything from GEJ regarding this?

R we suppose to teach GEJ how to keep his political adversaries on their toes? IBB, Atiku and a host of other politicians are corrupt and there is evidence for this but nothing!
GEJ seems to have turned a blind eye.

My brother, OBJ legacies (incl. GEJ) and PDP are not going to take us anywhere if we actually reason this out.
A state of emergency should not & cannot be declared in Plateau state.That is giving in to to the perpetrators.What is required is for those responsible to be punished according to the law.That will serve as a deterrent to others,but will that ever happen?
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by SapeleGuy: 10:44pm On Dec 31, 2010
Big B1:

Give me a break.

This was my concern when Gusau the former National Security Adviser claimed he was resigning to try and become President ? (even he knew that he would receive a first round knockout).
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Gbawe: 10:45pm On Dec 31, 2010
LRNZH:

-->Heading to where OBJ and his cohorts have planned it to go.
No third term means no progress for Nigeria.

Indeed . The man is a vengefully wicked egotist . He failed to get his third term and is now determined to lumber us with incompetent stooges who do not have the ability, bravery and political will to do better than he did.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by AbuMaryam1(m): 10:46pm On Dec 31, 2010
Big B1:

Jonathan must go!
In fact, he should just step down.

You can not handle this country by only hoping for miracle or good luck. The problems on the ground must be tackle head on.

Let him stepdown with voters power. shike nan.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by LRNZH(m): 10:47pm On Dec 31, 2010
cold:

A state of emergency should not & cannot be declared in Plateau state.That is giving in to to the perpetrators.What is required is for those responsible to be punished according to the law.That will serve as a deterrent to others,but will that ever happen?

I get your perspective.

But the man (Jang) you're supporting has taken no initiative to even look into the Jos crisis. It should be less about sentiments than effectiveness here.
He is the states no-1 citizen and has to take responsibility for it.

Who will initiate the process of bringing the perpetrators to book?
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by edoreedore(m): 10:47pm On Dec 31, 2010
just as was stated by the CDS, please no clubbing tonight especiallyat mingles and mosinda in kano, church goers are to be very careful because anyone can entre the church with a bag or package and easily leave it behind. if you are in the north of the country, please be very observant and very careful when you are outside your home. thanks guys and happy new year in advance.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by s4real1: 10:48pm On Dec 31, 2010
goggs:

heard it was a rumor too.

its not rumour oh its real, just confirm it.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Olaedo1: 10:48pm On Dec 31, 2010
Abu-Maryam:

Let him stepdown with voters power. shike nan.

Jonathan should step down only if Atiku agrees to step down also.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Borat1: 10:49pm On Dec 31, 2010
Heard it was all a rumor?
Hope so sha. Cos it cant afford to be true  shocked
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Fimmy(m): 10:49pm On Dec 31, 2010
THIS IS SAD

i wonder what are Security service are doing
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 31, 2010
Gbawe:

Indeed . The man is a vengefully wicked egotist . He failed to get his third term and is now determined to lumber us with[b] incompetent stooges who do not have the ability, bravery and political will to do better than he did.  [/b]
GEJ? shocked
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by miebijon: 10:50pm On Dec 31, 2010
GEJ shud step down, as long as the next president is not from the north, simple
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by LRNZH(m): 10:51pm On Dec 31, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

GEJ? shocked

no b my mouth you hear am oh?
wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Eziachi: 10:51pm On Dec 31, 2010
spicyhoney:

This is really sad. Abacha Baracks is one of the best and polpular place to go eat Fish in Abuja, just imagine innocent people most of whom might have gone there to relax straight  form work not knowing they were going into a death trap. High time people start leaving this city, the last blast was so close to moi can't afford another episode.

So pathetic that the people who always fall victim of these blasts are not the politicians.

N.B
Pls the next bomb should go off inside NASS abeg.
I take it then that those killed with their fish still in their mouth, will become vegetarian in the next life (if there are such thing)?
By the way, this is the Nigeria your fathers shedded so much of our Biafra blood in order to have, there is no point complaining now as you can't plant mango and reap pineapple. You got what they wanted, its a gift from a father to their children, so happy days. This is just the begining.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Inspects Traditional Guard Of Honour Attached To Imo Govt House / Speaker Slot: Gbajabiamila Led 500 Man March To Awka To See Obiano- Pics / PDP Ticket: Groups Threaten N2b Lawsuit Against Imansuagbon If He Steps Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.