Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,833 members, 7,921,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 04:14 PM

10 Habits That Will Make Your Lifestyle Easier As A Programmer - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 10 Habits That Will Make Your Lifestyle Easier As A Programmer (240 Views)

Youverify Launches Youid, An All-in-one Security And Lifestyle App / 10 Habits That Will Make Your Lifestyle Easier As A Programmer / International Payment Made Easier With Barter Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Habits That Will Make Your Lifestyle Easier As A Programmer by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 05, 2020
Hello guys, before I start this article me I must complain oo..
First boredooooom wan kill me....Asin for the first time in months my laptop had a full bar before I decided to write this article, secondly, I haven't been able to eat my favorite *chewgum bread" and sardines because most of the stores around my house here at Igbo-efon are locked..
Lastly...BUHARI SHEY U SAID U WILL PAY US 30K...AM STILL WAITING OO

Sorry for that diversion me I just wanted to talk my mind ooo... at least I don't yet have Coronababy

10 HABITS THAT WILL MAKE YOUR LIFESTYLE EASIER AS A PROGRAMMER..

1.WEARING GLASSES:

Either contact lenses or the normal glasses, whichever you are comfortable with will surely make your life easier as a programmer.
We programmers always have issues with lights always entering our eyes(only the profs can relate) and most times after looking at the screen for a long time we start squinting our eyes to see what's dear.
A mild magnifying glass will just do to assist you overcome this, the glass should also be slightly tinted (however not noticeably) to give you more comfort...
Try coding with glasses, you will be very glad..

2. WEARING POLOS OR T-SHIRTS

I know some of our "Jerry whites" may not agree, but abegi, you know yourself...
OUR PACKET SHIRTS ARE HARDLY EVER IRONED..
Save your self the stress and get polos, long sleeves or short sleeves with soft comfortable materials...
Sometimes. When I sit to hand wash my packet shirts..I can hardly wash Dem fast enough and clean enough, but polos! Ahh am cool with it..
Besides, if you buy quality (maybe customized) polos or t-shirts (not does naira Marley tops) you can wear Dem to official appointments or to work. I CANNOT COMMA KILL MYSELF.

3. GET A MEMORY CARD OR FLASH DRIVE ENABLED TV

As programmers we are always learning; watching tutorials and stuff, and of course you know u have to follow along while watching does tutorials...
A memory card or flash drive enabled tv will help u make watching Des tutorials easy , not only enlarge it, but the volume and comfort will really help you...
Asin..u don't need to minimize your visual studio code to follow along..u just look up watch and follow up.. besides u're remote is dear to go back or forth with.

4.ALWAYS TAKE COFFEE

apart ffrom the cafeen content that makes u Stay at night and stuff, coffee also have some other advantages, it helps you concentrate, relax, and also code for longer
Me personally can sleep 30 mins after taking coffee...
But incase you are having issues with that drink alota water and relax, you will fall asleep asap.

5.STOP PUTTING YOUR PHONES ON SILENCE
When you are coding, you may get carried away, and may not even know when your phone is ringing aloud, talkless of in silence.
Except u are celibate like me. Am sure your girlfriends won't like thier calls to be ignored.

6.CHECKING YOUR MAIL

I know many of us don't do this, but some important info may be sent to you by mail and you could miss it or get other unimportant junk on top if you don't regularly check your email.
Sometimes, replies from job interviews or stuff you apply for could also be missed if you don't cultivate this habit.

7. GOING FOR A WALK
I know am a culprit of this but am changing small small.
Mbok, please strolling out at least once in a while, this will help you keep touch with "real people", know what's happening around, get fresh creative ideas, and most importantly, know what peoples views about you are..

8. HIT THE GYM OFTEN
To all the fat, pot-bellied developers in the house, I hope this shakes your table.
Dat u are a developer doesn't mean u should be looking like a stuffed pig! take time to work out and excersise or u will end up looking unhealthy and obese.
U know only our fingers get to grow six packs, please work your body In the gym also .

9.DRINK WATER INSTEAD OF SOFT DRINKS.

Water is very helpful to realieve stress and cramps that come as a result of sitting down, besides it also have some detoxifying effects, soft drinks on the other hand costs more and increases the body sugar, especially if you don't hit the gym.
Take water often, infact either have water or coffee on your desk. If you have issues with weakness, drink water mixed with a little sugar and you will be fine..
But nah nah, leave fanta and bigi apple alone

10.CREATE TIME FOR YOUR BOY/GIRLFRIEND

I know I don't have much experience on this, but I have a friend that is always having isuiss with his babe cus of neglect,
She complained and complained and now he's suspecting she is getting it from someone else, because she has stopped complaining.
It may not be my business, but it will be a lota relieve to go out to an eatery or the mall with your bae/boo...to atleaat catch fun, also sacrifice a night to please him/her....
Cause believe me except the person you are dating is a programmer also(which is madoo) a normal person will hardly understand you...!!!

I hope you guys benefitted a thing or two from this post...abeg make person cook corona-free rice come give me for Igbo-efon..I dey hungry..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Astaroth Malware Uses Youtube Channel Descriptions For Hacks / Neuroscientists Discover New Form Of Neural Communication / Major Inventions That Helped Shape The Century

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.