Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,195 members, 7,923,019 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 04:45 PM

Nigeria, The Journey So Far In 2010 - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigeria, The Journey So Far In 2010 (680 Views)

Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria, The Fulanis (fulbe) Or The Igbos? / Obateru Akinrunta:The Richest King In Nigeria.. The Olugbo Of Ugbo Kingdom, Hrm / Why Have We Been So Far Behind Whites: ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, The Journey So Far In 2010 by Carlc: 12:31am On Jan 01, 2011
God in his infinite mercies has seen us through this year as a nation. In spite of the instability, sufferings and issues with Nigeria, we still have the cause to say thank you to the supreme being irrespective of religion. The bitter truth is that the year ended on a sad note with bomb blast killing innocent people on christmas. As if that was not enough, another blast was the tale of Jos residents and another northern states a few days ago. We should all do our won part to help this nation and keep our hands clean.

2010 had its good times though both for Nigeria as a nation and personally for each and every one of us. Some hope that 2011 would get better while some wouldn’t exactly know what to wish for. I want to keep this brief so i wouldn’t be writing much. A few tips or probably advice that should follow us to 2011:

1. Develop yourself in every way, this way you can be useful to the society at large.

2. Keep your hands clean, stay out of trouble and try as much as possible to stay out of debt. Some people even believe it is worse that death itself.

3. Try to help those in need and remember those suffering while you enjoy. You should understand that at a point, it is not their fault that they are in that position and you are only lucky or favoured to be where you are today.

4. We all have dreams and goals we need to achieve. Write them down and make it plain because it is far better that storing them in your head acting like you are a genius. If you want to be sincere, you would notice than whenever you want to implement those your plans, they suddenly become vague and it seems you can’t remember them any more. Write your goals and how you intend to achieve them….it helps.

5. Improve your reading habit. There is a saying that whatever the white man wants to hide from a black man, he writes them in a book. Now, you should understand that no knowledge is a waste and don’t ignore book simply because you got them for free. You might not need everything but most definitely, you can pick up one thing that can make a big change after you tweak it. Remember…no knowledge is a waste.

There are a whole lots of advice that we can take into the new year whether you are giving them to me or me to you, there is need to take them in record them in our subconscious. I have to leave now…it’s almost new year. I didn’t prepare for this post and hope i didn’t write off-point. There are a lot of issues about Nigeria today but i am hopeful just like you that they’d get better.

Till i write again in 2011 with you there to read…….Be good and make Nigeria a better place.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011 TO ALL NIGERIANS!!!

Source: http://betternigeria.org/2010-the-journey-so-far-happy-2011/
Re: Nigeria, The Journey So Far In 2010 by Carlc: 3:13am On Jan 01, 2011
Regardless of culture and traditions, we are all Nigerians and should learn to live together as one. Crises does not do us any good. Let help Nigeria by cleaning up ourselves first
Re: Nigeria, The Journey So Far In 2010 by emofine(f): 3:56am On Jan 01, 2011
Thank you CarlC. I needed this, may God bless you and our nation.
Re: Nigeria, The Journey So Far In 2010 by Carlc: 4:44pm On Jan 01, 2011
emofine:

Thank you CarlC. I needed this, may God bless you and our nation.
You are welcome friend. You should get others to www.betternigeria.org

(1) (Reply)

Is It True Dat Benue Pple Love The "black Color" Of Nigeria Police Uniform / p / Today Is 10/11/12. Do You Attach Any Importance To Days With 'special' Dates?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.