Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,369 members, 7,888,201 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:33 PM

Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. (2080 Views)

Get Bulk Emails From Nairaland And Other Sources / How To Remove Footer Credit In Blogger Template / Forums Apart From Nairaland, Guryuslodge And Quora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by BeerParlour: 9:22pm On Apr 05, 2020
Remove people "people viewing threads"

It's up to 8 pages from my phone.
Nairaland is getting bigger

1 Like

Re: Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by afroniger: 9:28pm On Apr 05, 2020
Try another browser. undecided
Re: Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by philiancoop(m): 9:39pm On Apr 05, 2020
That's what makes NL unique jo
Re: Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by ignis: 9:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
I personally don't have any issue with that.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by chiemmanuel(m): 9:44pm On Apr 05, 2020
Use chrome
Re: Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by Seun(m): 10:03pm On Apr 05, 2020
I've been thinking of that too.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by daddytime(m): 10:19pm On Apr 05, 2020
Lol....

Seun respond sef
Re: Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by fkj950ax(m): 10:20pm On Apr 05, 2020
Seun:

Please remove.
Doesn't really and truly serve any function...
Re: Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by iCauseTrouble: 10:49pm On Apr 05, 2020
Seun:
Don't remove it Seun. I love it

5 Likes

Re: Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by 9jaunite: 11:12pm On Apr 05, 2020
Seun:
no sir it is cool
Re: Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by Samcent: 11:28pm On Apr 05, 2020
Seun:
Seun, no remove am o..

It gives that feeling that your site is the happening place, and that's good for your business.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:17am On Apr 06, 2020
Seun, I am indifferent about the people viewing a post, however what I think you should look into is the snake threads that makes front page almost everyday. The front page should be reserved for serious issues. Some snake threads even make front-page multiple times under different topics. My honest opinion though, doesn't have to be implemented if you don't want to.

7 Likes

Re: Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by YungMillionaire: 12:53am On Apr 06, 2020
My friend just get a bigger phone and stop complaining.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by dprpikin: 2:16am On Apr 06, 2020
Seun:

If you remove that, you'll have to put in place a method to know who is online or who isn't. Because when one is discussing or debating with another, knowing the person is still online gives one the push to keep on with the chat.

6 Likes

Re: Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by Odinaka00(m): 4:32am On Apr 06, 2020
Seun don't remove it oo.. the poster should just get a better browser. I just like to see the long queue of people viewing whenever Man u is losing and how they disappear when Man u start winning lol

5 Likes

Re: Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by BeerParlour: 4:36am On Apr 06, 2020
Samcent:
Seun, no remove am o..

It gives that feeling that your site is the happening place, and that's good for your business.

That thing is becoming longer as nairaland grows.

Sometimes it get longer than the thread itself.

You would won't see it on every thread, I don't know how it works.

You can find it on the thread where police arrested Funke Akindele
Re: Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by BeerParlour: 4:37am On Apr 06, 2020
YungMillionaire:
My friend just get a bigger phone and stop complaining.

What do you mean by bigger phone?
Re: Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by BeerParlour: 4:40am On Apr 06, 2020
Odinaka00:
Seun don't remove it oo.. the poster should just get a better browser. I just like to see the long queue of people viewing whenever Man u is losing and how they disappear when Man u start winning lol

I use Opera mini both on PC and phone,
Which on is better browser

1 Like

Re: Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by BeerParlour: 4:43am On Apr 06, 2020
dprpikin:

If you remove that, you'll have to put in place a method to know who is online or who isn't. Because when one is discussing or debating with another, knowing the person is still online gives one the push to keep on with the chat.

Yes he should create a link for it so that people who are interested will click the link and view the people viewing the thread.
That's better than "viewing this thread" taking half of the page or sometimes longer than the thread

1 Like

Re: Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by Ajibade123(m): 10:03am On Apr 06, 2020
Prettiepearlz:
Seun, I am indifferent about the people viewing a post, however what I think you should look into is the snake threads that makes front page almost everyday. The front page should be reserved for serious issues. Some snake threads even make front-page multiple times under different topics. My honest opinion though, doesn't have to be implemented if you don't want to.
you just spoke my mind snake issue every time and sir we don't see more webmaster and programming posts making FP all we see is politics politics politics

1 Like

Re: Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by dprpikin: 12:39pm On Apr 06, 2020
BeerParlour:

Yes he should create a link for it so that people who are interested will click the link and view the people viewing the thread.
That's better than "viewing this thread" taking half of the page or sometimes longer than the thread

Your idea is good.

Or he may put an icon when clicked will expand to show the 'people viewing this thread', and when clicked again will contract.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by Kobicove(m): 9:39am On Feb 13, 2023
Seun:

Please don't remove it
Re: Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by bassdow: 12:27pm On Feb 14, 2023
BeerParlour:
Remove people "people viewing threads"

It's up to 8 pages from my phone.
Nairaland is getting bigger

Even if they don't want to reMove it, something as simple as the below CSS should be a good start. nairaland just like Nigeria, no like improvement at all.

p.nocopy {
max-height: 100px;
overflow: auto;
}

p.nocopy a {
display: inline-block;
margin: 2px 3px 0;
width: auto;
background: #333;
color: #fff;
border-radius: 10px;
padding: 0 3px;
}

p.nocopy span.m {
display: none;
}

p.nocopy {
color: transparent;
}

Moreover as a website's userbase grows, there are certain silly features that needs be toned down.
Re: Seun Need To Remove This From Nairaland. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 14, 2023
Odinaka00:
You're wicked grin

(1) (Reply)

Hire Your Pro-tech Freelancer Here Now At Cheap Rates / Get Custom Emails For Your Website, Domain And Blog For Just ₦50,000 / Futo Merit List Is Out For 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.