Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,638 members, 7,921,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:03 AM

Remaining In Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Remaining In Christ (526 Views)

Remaining In Christ / You Stand In Christ Stead- Pastor Chris / Some Of Satan's Tricks To Get Us To Lose Faith In Christ Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Remaining In Christ by yommyuk: 9:54am On Jan 01, 2011
One of Jesus Christ favorite words was "meno", often translated "remain," "stay," or "abide." It describes a profound intimate, and enduring relationship.

For example, Jesus said in the Book of John 8:31-32
"You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teaching. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Discipleship is more than knowing who Jesus Christ is. It is about obeying his teaching. Why? Jesus is the truth and knowing him brings discernment of what is true and what is false. The truth brings freedom from darkness, falsehood and sin. The idea is that a disciple's life is fully formed by "The Word" of Jesus Christ. It is written that the Son is in the Father and the Father is in the Son. Both Father and Son come and make their home WITHIN his disciples. This mutual indwelling is precisely what it means that the disciple must remain in Christ. We cannot gain the permanence of our relationship by our own effort; this relationship is only made permanent by the gracious initiative of God indwelling our lives thru his Spirit. This means commitment on the part of both God and the disciple.

CONCLUSION

The mutual indwelling between God and the believer is not a fleeting or temporary commitment, but an enduring, permanent, and eternal relationship. I will say a big HalleluJaH and Amen to that cheesy

1 JOHN 2:12-17

12 I am writing to you, dear children,
   because your sins have been forgiven on account of his name.
13 I am writing to you, fathers,
   because you know him who is from the beginning.
I am writing to you, young men,
   because you have overcome the evil one.
14 I write to you, dear children,
   because you know the Father.
I write to you, fathers,
   because you know him who is from the beginning.
I write to you, young men,
   because you are strong,
   and the word of God lives in you,
   and you have overcome the evil one.

On Not Loving the World
15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father[a] is not in them. 16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17
The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

STAY BLESSED AND HAVE A PROSPEROUS 2011 wink

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know That Tithe Has Been Cancelled Because They Are Of The Law And Not Of / The Law Of Life / Forbes :five Richest Pastors In Nigeria (estimated Net Worth: $150 Million)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.