Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,324 members, 7,940,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 10:10 PM

I Dont Understand My Boss - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Dont Understand My Boss (2604 Views)

I don't understand my fiancee behavior this days, could it be... / I Don't Understand My Girlfriend / I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dont Understand My Boss by Bigmanpickin: 1:27pm On Apr 06, 2020
I manage a computer school which I am the manager, instructor and secretary all rolled into one with a meagre pay which I am managing, because it's close to my place and I don't have much mouth to feed.

Of late my boss have been giving me trouble. In this pandemic times he expects me to show up at the computer school every day. I'd told my students to stay at home for the lockdown period which he is in support of. I don't understand my boss most times, it is not that I have problems showing up per say but he expects me to be showing up at the normal time and also leave same. I work from 9am till 9pm everyday except Saturdays and Sundays.

I just told him I can't be able to do that because he is yet to pay me salary for last month and I don't think he'll pay for the overtime.

He was just shouting for me this morning that a student came for enquiries at the early hours which I wasn't around to receive the person.

Do you think my boss is being unreasonable

1 Like

Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by Pubichairs(m): 1:31pm On Apr 06, 2020
He's the Antichrist we all believe in

Just flee...

4 Likes

Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by Fidelismaria: 1:35pm On Apr 06, 2020
Arrange boys to beat him up

4 Likes

Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by Makavelli25: 1:44pm On Apr 06, 2020
First your boss doesnt like you. How can he ask you to come to work this pandemic period
Second he doesnt want your progress
Then guy you are a man,how can you allow a man like you to shout at you
I will just advice you to find a way to be self dependent.
Get a new job or start a business of your own
Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by dawnomike(m): 1:44pm On Apr 06, 2020
Start to sort for job elsewhere... If not, just continue going biko!

1 Like

Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 06, 2020
Bigmanpickin:
I manage a computer school which I am the manager, instructor and secretary all rolled into one with a meagre pay which I am managing, because it's close to my place and I don't have much mouth to feed.

Of late my boss have been giving me trouble. In this pandemic times he expects me to show up at the computer school every day. I'd told my students to stay at home for the lockdown period which he is in support of. I don't understand my boss most times, it is not that I have problems showing up per say but he expects me to be showing up at the normal time and also leave same. I work from 9am till 9pm everyday except Saturdays and Sundays.

I just told him I can't be able to do that because he is yet to pay me salary for last month and I don't think he'll pay for the overtime.

He was just shouting for me this morning that a student came for enquiries at the early hours which I wasn't around to receive the person.

Is he paying you
If yes work your fĂșcking ass up
Because if you get broke people around you will look at you like quidam

1 Like

Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 06, 2020
Bigmanpickin:

Is he paying you
I know what am saying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by Bigmanpickin: 1:56pm On Apr 06, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Is he paying you
I understand where you are coming from but someone cannot overwork me because of less than 15k/month which does not even come consistently
Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 06, 2020
You don't have options or what?

You can leave the job nobody is putting a gun on your head.

Abundance mentality is everything

Once you allow disrespect, na so em dey continue.
Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 06, 2020
Bigmanpickin:
I understand where you are coming from but someone cannot overwork me because of less than 15k/month which does not even come consistently
Guy I no what you are saying your own still better walai
Have you been counted out before in your family because you don't have a contribution ?
Work please sad
Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by kiddkash(m): 2:00pm On Apr 06, 2020
this shouldn't be in romance section
Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by jakD: 2:04pm On Apr 06, 2020
Maybe your state seem to still be a safe state, nevertheless, life is more precious than any other thing. You should think of yourself first before work, God forbid you contract the virus, your boss will neglect you. I advise you stay at home, highest he can do is to sack you. You'll surely get better offer later.
All the best, bro.
Cheers!
Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by jakD: 2:05pm On Apr 06, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Guy I no what you are saying your own still better walai
Have you been counted out before in your family because you don't have a contribution ?
Work please sad

Life is more precious than anything bro. He can always get other work later.
Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 06, 2020
jakD:

Life is more precious than anything bro. He can always get other work later.
Life is truly precious
But that broke lifestyle ain't funny at all talking from experience angry
Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by thesicilian: 2:16pm On Apr 06, 2020
As someone who has been in your position, I'll tell you this: Man up, tell him you want to see him (remove that fear of sack mentality). Sit him down and let him know why it is not too okay for you to be coming to work to do what you can do from home. Let him know it is against his own interest to keep the center open, as both you and him could be arrested by the task force for violating lockdown rules. Banish the thought that he's supposed to "consider your situation", no one cares about you. How you get what you want is by appealing to his own selfish interests.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:03pm On Apr 06, 2020
unless you are hoping to quit, i suggest you go to work as stated....
Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by chinchonglee(m): 3:12pm On Apr 06, 2020
Useless Bosses full dis life.

Dere was an idiot pastor(in a reputable/popular church) and his useless secretary i was working with that time they told me the same thing as ur boss told you...
they refused paying me salary but expects me to come work everyday and continue with countless task. This uselss pastor will send you on an errands without giving you money(stingy bastard), till today the fool is still owing me more than 2k for errands i ran for him.

I thought he was a big man cos he runs an oil firm. it was when i knew him very well that i found ouf the idiot is not very wealthy that my family is far bettet than him financially but his pride is jst too big.

Finally, The day i wanted to leave the useless office, I told him i can no longer afford to cater for my expenses coming to the office and that he shuld try and change his ways if not his business will fall bla bla bla.. I sha told him many things that physically hurts him and left.

The bastard and his secretary had the guts to remove me from their useless whatsapp group, I jst hissed and deleted everything related to the the useless company and had my peace.

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by Kobicove(m): 3:26pm On Apr 06, 2020
Bigmanpickin:

Is the business generating enough to pay your monthly salary?

If it is then I see no reason why he should not pay you. If it is not that may be the reason for his annoyance.

Start looking around for another job

That not withstanding I do not see why he should over labour you because of a miserly 15K a month.
Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by Kobicove(m): 3:27pm On Apr 06, 2020
chinchonglee:
Useless Bosses full dis life.

Dere was an idiot pastor(in a reputable/popular church) and his useless secretary i was working with that time they told me the same thing as ur boss told you...
they refused paying me salary but expects me to come work everyday and continue with countless task. This uselss pastor will send you on an errands without giving you money(stingy bastard), till today the fool is still owing me more than 2k for errands i ran for him.

I thought he was a big man cos he runs an oil firm. it was when i knew him very well that i found ouf the idiot is not very wealthy that my family is far bettet than him financially but his pride is jst too big.

Finally, The day i wanted to leave the useless office, I told him i can no longer afford to cater for my expenses coming to the office and that he shuld try and change his ways if not his business will fall bla bla bla.. I sha told him many things that physically hurts him and left.

The bastard and his secretary had the guts to remove me from their useless whatsapp group, I jst hissed and deleted everything related to the the useless company and had my peace.

One thing I have learnt is that an average Nigerian is a hypocrite to the core.

I am ready to bet my ICAN certificate that when you start your own company you will treat your employees the same way.

Most time I see Nigerians criticising someone for treating them badly or doing something a certain way, but when they find themselves in a position of authority the do the same thing, the very same thing they spoke against.

Hypocrisy among Nigerians stinks to high heavens!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by HMarshal(m): 3:33pm On Apr 06, 2020
Bigmanpickin:

If u don't av another job lined up that is sure & beta,ild suggest u work things out with him
Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by chinchonglee(m): 3:36pm On Apr 06, 2020
Kobicove:

One thing I have learnt is that an average Nigerian is a hypocrite to the core.

I am ready to bet my ICAN certificate that when you start your own company you will treat your employees the same way.

Most time I see Nigerians criticising someone for treating them badly or doing something a certain way, but when they find themselves in a position of authority the do the same thing, the very same thing they spoke against.

Hypocrisy among Nigerians stinks to high heavens!!!
u must be a fool of the highest order.... an illiterate to the core!
whats ur definition of hypocrisy

u re useless like that man...
Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by CsRockefeller(m): 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2020
I am a very gentle person, I respect people and do my job well, but when you start treating me like a scallywag, I jump ship immediately.

I once wanted to resign at GTB when my head of TSG was on my neck, luckily for me sth came up.

During NYSC, I left my first PPA because of d toxic environment. Recently spent just a week at a place after my Boss told me to shut up.

Summary is that I dont joke with my self esteem in the name of working with someone. I do my work and respect my self but if that respect is not given back, I bounce.

If u know your onions, if u are good, not very good at what you do please leave.

After I left my PPA, I went to a school and the respect, joy and fufilment I got there, I wont trade it for a million bucks, to tell you its not about the money.

Peace of mind is everything.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by Bigmanpickin: 4:11pm On Apr 06, 2020
Kobicove:

Is the business generating enough to pay your monthly salary?

If it is then I see no reason why he should not pay you. If it is not that may be the reason for his annoyance.

Start looking around for another job

That not withstanding I do not see why he should over labour you because of a miserly 15K a month.
it is not even up to sef
Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by Bigmanpickin: 4:18pm On Apr 06, 2020
CsRockefeller:
Like you stated it was never the money that made me take the job in the first place, it was passion, I am a computer technician and all I needed was a place to help me bed in to my new environment as I just came new to this place. I repair his faulty laptops for free.
Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 06, 2020
Tell him you will resume work after the lockdown.

Come and do what ?

Are you a banker abi medical doctor ?
Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by spiralwedge(m): 4:46pm On Apr 06, 2020
CsRockefeller:
I am a very gentle person, I respect people and do my job well, but when you start treating me like a scallywag, I jump ship immediately.

I once wanted to resign at GTB when my head of TSG was on my neck, luckily for me sth came up.

During NYSC, I left my first PPA because of d toxic environment. Recently spent just a week at a place after my Boss told me to shut up.

Summary is that I dont joke with my self esteem in the name of working with someone. I do my work and respect my self but if that respect is not given back, I bounce.

If u know your onions, if u are good, not very good at what you do please leave.

After I left my PPA, I went to a school and the respect, joy and fufilment I got there, I wont trade it for a million bucks, to tell you its not about the money.

Peace of mind is everything.

Respect is good, but professionally you need to learn resilience. If I were to recruit you, I'd decline. Because you don't have the employment history of staying long in one place despite the odds. I would want to see how you resolve things in times of conflict and clash of interests. To grow professionally, you need to be able to deal with off people. Even if you plan to be on your own, but fails to learn how to keep up in times of adversity, you may NOT have the people skills to handle some part of your business.

For the op, you are underemployed. 9-9 for a mentally demanding job is slavery. The only jobs fit for 12hours per day are security jobs.

Best to look for a job elsewhere or start something. Once you can see anything that can bring in the same amount as this one, go for it. Even if it is to carry "sh!t".

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by CsRockefeller(m): 5:31pm On Apr 06, 2020
spiralwedge:

Respect is good, but professionally you need to learn resilience. If I were to recruit you, I'd decline. Because you don't have the employment history of staying long in one place despite the odds. I would want to see how you resolve things in times of conflict and clash of interests. To grow professionally, you need to be able to deal with off people. Even if you plan to be on your own, but fails to learn how to keep up in times of adversity, you may NOT have the people skills to handle some part of your business.

For the op, you are underemployed. 9-9 for a mentally demanding job is slavery. The only jobs fit for 12hours per day are security jobs.

Best to look for a job elsewhere or start something. Once you can see anything that can bring in the same amount as this one, go for it. Even if it is to carry "sh!t".

Ask any Professional recruiter if its good to stay in a toxic place. Ask the likes of Mrs Hyacinth on Linkdln and Ogbeni Dipo on Twitter, these are professionals in this field.

Talking about resilience and management skills, I have it plenty, one question at the back of mind always is "is it worth it" I have done jobs that streched me to the very last, but u see, my mental health is untouchable, once I start to doubt myself then my very existence is on the line.

Management skills like interpersonal skills can only help when the issues are professional in nature or when the person you are dealing with is open minded.

I have also ran organisations in their small capacity and I wasn't a jack ass, I treat people well and deserve it.

Are u saying that there are no organisation(s) were staff are treated with high regard?
Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by MPESA(m): 5:39pm On Apr 06, 2020
Makavelli25:
First your boss doesnt like you. How can he ask you to come to work this pandemic period
Second he doesnt want your progress
Then guy you are a man,how can you allow a man like you to shout at you
I will just advice you to find a way to be self dependent.
Get a new job or start a business of your own

This is absorb....
Must you give advice
Sir you totally wrong, just negodu as you just concluded that the boss didn't like him, do you even know the said boss or this OP WTF! ....
Get a new Job , why you no go give am the new Job, starting a business of his own no be money ni , abi you go give am loan ni, what happens to tolerance, patients and endurance.....
Why will you judge a case from one Person angle , please let's all be mindful of what we preach or advice people here to avoid ruining ones life.
Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by MPESA(m): 6:02pm On Apr 06, 2020
chinchonglee:

u must be a fool of the highest order.... an illiterate to the core!
whats ur definition of hypocrisy

u re useless like that man...

Why all this names , he stated his own opinion why calling him names....
Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by MPESA(m): 6:04pm On Apr 06, 2020
Fidelismaria:
Arrange boys to beat him up

REALLY.
Re: I Dont Understand My Boss by chinchonglee(m): 9:07pm On Apr 06, 2020
MPESA:

Why all this names , he stated his own opinion why calling him names....
he is stupid... i was complaining abt my boss nd he was calling me a hypocrite that if i had my "company" i ll treat my employees the same way...
does he knw what my personality is like

(1) (Reply)

Women, Wise Up. Men, Your Secret Has Been Exposed [Picture] / Shocking! Woman Born With 2 Vagina, 2 Wombs & Two Cervixes / Who Go Borrow Me 10k Abeg See Problem Where I Enter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.