Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,338 members, 7,978,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 06:38 PM

22-year-old Describes 12 Days With Coronavirus: 'I Thought If I Fell Asleep, I W - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 22-year-old Describes 12 Days With Coronavirus: 'I Thought If I Fell Asleep, I W (289 Views)

Doctor Treating Italian Man With Coronavirus Doesn't Wear Face Mask, Explains / Italian Infected With Coronavirus Visited Ogun / Chinese Baby Infected With Coronavirus 30 Hours After Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

22-year-old Describes 12 Days With Coronavirus: 'I Thought If I Fell Asleep, I W by Uniquekriss(m): 1:55pm On Apr 06, 2020
Amy Shircel was vomiting for days and was so weak she could barely walk.

Hospitals buckle under coronavirus crisis
The coronavirus pandemic has prompted officials to transform Central Park in New York City into a mobile hospital to treat patients with COVID-19.

Amy Shircel thought she had a nasty cold.

The 22-year-old is healthy, active and well below the age considered high risk for novel coronavirus.

Then, Shircel's fever shot up to 102. She began vomiting. She lost her energy. She couldn't make it to her refrigerator without losing her breath.

Her symptoms began on March 15, she said. Initially, she just had a cough and felt weaker than usual.

The next morning, she developed a fever. Shircel, a resident of Kenosha, Wisconsin, opted to get tested for coronavirus as a precaution, but said she didn't think she actually had the disease.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned that older adults (65 and older) and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions may be at higher risk for more severe complications. However, there have been a number of younger Americans, including those without underlying conditions, who have become seriously ill or died and officials increasingly warn that it can strike anyone.

Yet, as she waited to receive her test results, her condition worsened.

Days later, on March 19, her results came back. Test results provided to ABC News by Shircel showed a positive result.

Coronavirus, has infected more than 962,000 people around the world, according to data by Johns Hopkins University. In the U.S., there are at least 216,768 cases in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19-umahi-bans-okada-operations-in-ebonyi / Sokoto Records First Index Case Of COVID-19 / Colitis Kit: Best Ayurvedic Medicine For Colitis And Anti-inflammatory Tablets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.