Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,821 members, 7,889,714 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:48 PM

US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: (2095 Views)

Cotonou Car Dealers What Is Happening At Seme Boarder? / Where Are The Lowest Prices For Cars? / Dealers: What Would It Cost To Pre-order A 2008 Camry And Also a 2008 Yaris? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 01, 2011
Hey US dealers, I'm after some prices, price of cars + UK landed costs:

2005 Ford F150.
2005 Lincoln Navigator.
2001 Dodge Ram 1500.
1978 Ford Mustang.
1952 Chevrolet Bel Air.
1956 Chevrolet Bel Air.

Let me know what these cost landed in the UK, thanks!
Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 01, 2011
My choice for the Chevrolet Bel Air is the hard top, and if from 1956, V8-engined models.
Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by KunleA2(m): 9:50pm On Jan 01, 2011
[b]Can definitely look into that for you. On the Bel-Air, somehow the '55 seems to be the most iconic. Don't know why.  undecided

Also, what can make the prices of the Mustang and Bel Air differ is if they are "matching numbers". The Engine block and Tranny are stamped during production. Hence, matching numbers. Die hard collectors care more about that which translates to higher cost.

However, if all you will be doing is just drive it and don't care if the numbers match or not, then it wouldn't matter.

In getting cars like these, its advisable to look in the Sunbelt Regions of the US (California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico, Texas, Florida) cos of very few rust problems. But with the unmatched car culture (anywhere in the US) that surpasses California, it will be my first choice of place to look.

The final landing cost will depend on if you prefer the vehicles to be containerized or not. A container will hold about 4 cars (3 when SUV is included).

Will look into the cost later in the week. I will let you know. Unfortunately, i have a very limited time to work on this cos of an impending planned vacation.
[/b]

In the meantime, my email is: kunleautos[at]yahoo.com.
Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 02, 2011
Nice one, Kunle. I knew you'd come through for me.

I'm not bothered about matching numbers. On the older cars, body condition isn't too important. I can deal with faded / scratched paintwork, and the odd dent, but NO rust.
Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 02, 2011
Oh, and Ro-Ro would suit me fine.
Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 04, 2011
Kunle, my email's siena_@hotmail.co.uk
Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by KunleA2(m): 4:42pm On Jan 08, 2011
Siena,

i have worked a little on your project. The Chevy Bel Air are challenging to come across at a decent price. Most of the ones i came across are already fixed up. I know it will probably be cheaper for you to do the fixing up yourself but i am not coming across one at this point. Time and patience are the ingredient of coming across these types of vehicle.

I have not be able to come across a 1978 Mustang but i am very close. That i know. Just have to shake down more doors.

2005 Lincoln Navigator

Price: $17,000

Mileage: 89,000

Trucking: $250

Shipping: $1,700

Service Charge: $750

Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by KunleA2(m): 4:44pm On Jan 08, 2011
more

Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by KunleA2(m): 4:55pm On Jan 08, 2011
2001 Dodge 1500 Magnum V8 QuadCab

Price: $6,000

Mileage: 108,000

Trucking: $150

Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by KunleA2(m): 4:56pm On Jan 08, 2011
more

Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by KunleA2(m): 5:27pm On Jan 08, 2011
2005 F150 Lariat

Price: $9,000

Mileage: 84,000

Trucking: $150

Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by KunleA2(m): 5:28pm On Jan 08, 2011
more

Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by KunleA2(m): 6:19pm On Jan 08, 2011
I went to inspect a Bel Air yesterday. It looks really nice from far but a close inspection is a different story. The bodywork is just acceptable in my own opinion. The paint is bubbling in some areas. The body filler (Bondo) work is somewhat sub-par to me. A high quality work that will include extensive stripping and re-doing will be necessary to bring the vehicle to a better standard.

Also, the engine has been swapped for a 1985 Camero IROC Z28 Chevy 350 Engine. Starts right up and run excellent.

I will rate the car between 5 points out of a 10.

Its also the cheapest i have came across. The vehicle is going for $16,000. Ones in better shape and condition with the original engine will be setting you back in the mid 20's. Price breakdown is as follows:

Price: $16,000

Trucking: $200

Like i have mentioned earlier, i am hoping that there is an alternative in terms of finding one that is un-restored that you can finish up yourself.

Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by KunleA2(m): 6:20pm On Jan 08, 2011
more

Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by KunleA2(m): 6:21pm On Jan 08, 2011
more

Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by KunleA2(m): 6:22pm On Jan 08, 2011
more

Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by KunleA2(m): 6:23pm On Jan 08, 2011
more

Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by KunleA2(m): 6:24pm On Jan 08, 2011
more

Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 08, 2011
Good work, Kunle. I'd certainly love a Chevvy I could restore myself.

Could you please email me a contact number? Thanks.
Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by KunleA2(m): 7:50pm On Jan 08, 2011
i don't mind posting it:

949-200-2276

my email is: kunleautos{at}yahoo.com
Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by realvenc: 4:00pm On Jan 09, 2011
@siena pls i do like to know the price you can get these suv for me

MAZDA MVP
TOYOTA SIENNA
ISUZU OASIS
HONDA ODYSSEY

PLS SEND PRICE AND PHOTO OF DIFFERENT MODELS OF THESE CARS. pls the price should be reasonable.

send to my email ad realvenc@yahoo.com.

thanks
Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by sultaan(m): 11:00pm On Jan 19, 2011
I don't want to be a party pooper, but before you get one of those  classics, look at the attached video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJrXViFfMGk

Made by the insurance institute for highway safety.
Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by Fhemmmy: 11:22pm On Jan 19, 2011
sultaan:

I don't want to be a party popper, but before you get one of those classics, look at the attached video

I would love to know the rating for those ridesssssssssssss after such test results
Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by sultaan(m): 5:11pm On Jan 20, 2011
junk grin
Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by Judeep27(f): 1:16am On Dec 07, 2011
This really is an fantastic article. I wish to give you special appreciate you for this useful post; I really appreciate posting this very good post. Keep up your work and help us from searching through plenty of webpages. It will save my effort from browsing too much webpage. The presenting style is also fantastic. The information is complete as well as the landedprice.
Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by Nobody: 3:17am On Dec 07, 2011
sultaan:

I don't want to be a party pooper, but before you get one of those  classics, look at the attached video

Wow. That Bel Air simply folded like a deck chair. Although, I get the feeling it wasn't as structurally sound as it could have been - rot could have taken a deep hold of the frame and floor pans.

Still, a sobering video clip.
Re: US Dealers, What Are The UK Landed Prices For The Following: by Export1: 5:50pm On Sep 03, 2013
Dear Friends!

Now you can advertise your vehicles at www.CarXus.com.

You can add unlimited amount of pictures to boost your vehicle and it is absolutely free.

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Fully Loaded With 74 Miles / 9ja Used 1998,1999,2000 Toyota Camry(save Lot Of Money) / Extra Clean Mercedes Benz V Boot Coupé @500k only SOLD SÖLD SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.