Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,257 members, 7,880,976 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:19 AM

Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years - Education (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years (60016 Views)

FG Reinstate 18 As Minimum Entry Age Into Tertiary Institutions / FG Sets 18 Years As Minimum Entry Age Into Tertiary Institutions / JSS Entry Age Limit: Lagos Debunks Viral Report On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years by david22uu(m): 11:26am On Apr 08, 2020
Wendybrown:

And this is as a result of age?

MAy be you have not followed the argument on my own post

Age is not the problem of Nigeria Education, The system is messed up
Re: Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:43pm On Apr 08, 2020
missimelda01:
So 8years old in primary 6 would have to wait for 4 years before entering secondary school shocked

They should start this from the new set entering KG 1.
This your statement makes sense o.
I guess such a child will be forced to school in boarding house outside Lagos or something. Such a pity
Re: Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years by NairaMaster1(m): 12:50pm On Apr 08, 2020
goldenboyofpsy:

Believe me... They are solving problems. You may not agree because most parents are more concerned about leaving school early even thou thhe child may not be emotionally mature to handle the the challenges that comes with schooling.

I understand, but not in a country where entry level for good jobs are pegged at 27.

Look at how our government is bullying our tertiary education.

These and other factors will make you disagree.
Re: Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years by GlamMomma: 6:23pm On Apr 08, 2020
Lagos denies report on minimum age for admission to JSS 1
by Praise Olowe 1 hour ago

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

LinkedIn

WhatsApp

Email
By Oziegbe Okoeki

The Lagos state government has denied reports making the round especially on social media concerning minimum age for admission into junior secondary schools in the state.

According to a statement issued on Tuesday by the Office of the Commissioner for Education, Mrs. Folasade Adefisayo no decision has been made on the issue yet.

The commissioner said the issue, which is still under review in the Ministry of Education, has been a matter of great concern to the present administration.

In her words, “This is to affirm that the Ministry of Education has indeed received concerns from various stakeholders regarding this subject. As a consequence, meetings were held with various stakeholders with correspondence and minutes exchanged”.

Adefisayo disclosed further that subsequent meetings were also scheduled with various categories of stakeholders such as Executives of Private Schools Associations and Parent Bodies, Office of Education Quality Assurance, State Universal Basic Education Board, Lagos State Examination Board, All Nigeria Conference of Principals of Secondary Schools (ANCOPPS) and Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT), among others.

Noting that the meetings had to be postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the commissioner averred that the state government will involve all stakeholders in the rigorous process of implementing the National Policy on Education in the State.

Re: Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years by HIRAETH: 8:53pm On Apr 08, 2020
GlamMomma:
Lagos denies report on minimum age for admission to JSS 1
by Praise Olowe 1 hour ago

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

LinkedIn

WhatsApp

Email
By Oziegbe Okoeki

The Lagos state government has denied reports making the round especially on social media concerning minimum age for admission into junior secondary schools in the state.

According to a statement issued on Tuesday by the Office of the Commissioner for Education, Mrs. Folasade Adefisayo no decision has been made on the issue yet.

The commissioner said the issue, which is still under review in the Ministry of Education, has been a matter of great concern to the present administration.

In her words, “This is to affirm that the Ministry of Education has indeed received concerns from various stakeholders regarding this subject. As a consequence, meetings were held with various stakeholders with correspondence and minutes exchanged”.

Adefisayo disclosed further that subsequent meetings were also scheduled with various categories of stakeholders such as Executives of Private Schools Associations and Parent Bodies, Office of Education Quality Assurance, State Universal Basic Education Board, Lagos State Examination Board, All Nigeria Conference of Principals of Secondary Schools (ANCOPPS) and Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT), among others.

Noting that the meetings had to be postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the commissioner averred that the state government will involve all stakeholders in the rigorous process of implementing the National Policy on Education in the State.

Hi ,if this is legit ...
Create a thread ,so more people will be informed
Re: Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years by InfoMall123: 9:00pm On Apr 08, 2020
For the students who are smart and ahead of their time, they can also start learning from home!
This is the perfect e-learning platform for Junior Secondary School students! It is available on web and mobile. It is amazing! And free for 30 days.
Web: https://studymate.esoftcontent.ng
Mobile: https:///2QJxjsk

Re: Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years by grandlexuz(m): 4:45pm On Apr 09, 2020
sowilli:
on average a white man’s IQ is higher than that of a black man..it baffles me why many of you don’t like to hear the truth.

Research studies number?..Research has shown that the white brain is not superior to the black. Don't always assume.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years by FivePeas: 7:54pm On Apr 10, 2020
shekhaz:

I didn't study education but I have been teaching for 7 years now. I can say for a fact that we always enjoy mature students in JSS 1 that were age 10 or 11. This is because they had learnt almost everything they need to know. It makes teaching them fun and easy. Those ones that left from pry4 are the ones that struggle. I am not saying we don't have those ones who struggle even at age 11 but it is better as all student are not the same

Kindly send a mail to Tradecorner7@gmail.com

Warm Regards
Re: Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years by LamideNoni: 8:56am On Apr 17, 2020
Ok
Re: Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years by olawalepopoola: 10:17am On Apr 17, 2020
sowilli:
on average a white man’s IQ is higher than that of a black man..it baffles me why many of you don’t like to hear the truth.
I totally disagree with you. Put black children with white children in the same class under the same economic and climatic conditions with free access to academic resources, you will find out blacks have higher IQs than white.
Why do the likes Okonjo Iweala excelled greatly at Harvard?
Re: Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years by markemmi(m): 10:08am On Apr 18, 2020
Axiom Learning Solutions will be hosting the Honourable Commissioner for Education in Lagos State, Kindly join us and come with your questions at

http://www.axiomlearn.com/conference

Re: Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years by sowilli: 4:23pm On Apr 18, 2020
olawalepopoola:

I totally disagree with you. Put black children with white children in the same class under the same economic and climatic conditions with free access to academic resources, you will find out blacks have higher IQs than white.
Why do the likes Okonjo Iweala excelled greatly at Harvard?
I didn’t say all whites or all blacks. I said most and majority always carry the vote. Seriously, until Africa is able to compete with other nations, I ll take it as they have a lower IQ
Re: Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years by Cromagnon: 10:07pm On Jul 22, 2023
proffemi:

Very good move! Where are they rushing to?

As a university teacher, I know that one of the reasons we have so many half-baked graduates is that many of them were rushed into the universities, immature, and having not had any time to grow as human beings or discover themselves. Many university students have no idea what they intend to do with their lives, so when the training wheels of the educational system come off, they are lost. Tertiary education only gives you the tools to shape what you have inside you into something valuable to you and to society.

I think this will make that easier.
we not ready for that convo

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Man Signs On Boobs Of A Polytechnic Female Student / “I Wore This To School & My Lecturer Called Me A Tout” – Lady (photo) / Wealthy Overseas Nigerian Students Fight Over Whose Dad Is The Richest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.