Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,707 members, 7,914,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 01:36 PM

Down On My Knees?got To Be Kidding - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Down On My Knees?got To Be Kidding (665 Views)

Do Elephants Really Have Four Knees? / Please Moderators Help Me... M On My Knees / Are Some Nairalanders Always Kidding Or Doomed In Stupidity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Down On My Knees?got To Be Kidding by riket(f): 4:17am On Jan 02, 2011
DOWN ON M Y KNEES? You got to be kidding

Listening to the lyrics of this song, “down on my knees” by ayo, about a young lady whose boyfriend/fiancé is about to walk out on, with the poor sister trying to avert the inevitable citing the good times, the thick and tough, the love, the fun, the happiness, the romantic moments they both once shared and not ready to face the reality of it all now a thing of the past.
It was well sang, pure rendition with great emotions by this talented beautiful sister that the imagery of this imagined once sweet love journey turning sour appeared so real to me that I felt so appalled at the sight of watching this fellow hopeful young lady hanging in there at the guy’s pants looking up to him in tear-filled eyes waiting to hear him assure her this really ain’t true and it’s all jokes.
Thinking how nauseating it is to see that lady wailing and not waking up from this wishful thinking dreams of hers and me being furious at the lengths at which we sisters go to keep our relationships to subdue the constants external and internal storms rocking it and I also betting on my life never to hold on to a brother who does not care about my feelings,my self worth and not to talk of going down on my knees.
Realistically, I know a lot of fellow sisters are nodding their head in unison approval to not trying to redeem the unredeemable like the picture painted by ayo in this soulful music but fact fully a lot of us are really down on our knees, now it seems a lot of sisters are kind of cross at me.
We really have to ask ourselves, about that guy whose job seems so important that we come secondary but we make excuses by saying,” He is just career focused, he’s going to change”, the emotional, verbally and physically abusive guy that we keep covering in front of our girlfriends and folks all the time saying,” He isn’t an aggressive guy, he never meant to hit me, he was just a little bit pressured and just went overboard, is he that brother who washes down our self esteem to our face and in the presence of his buddies and we keep saying he never really meant all he was saying, he just took too much beer and that was what got him tipsy.
Sisters, should I still keep believing his lies about that call he can’t pick in my presence saying it is his niece and it is all family business, should I be putting up with his bull craps about not ready to introduce me to his mama after relentless pestering for 2 years but he kept telling me he ain’t ready to settle down now cos nkan o ti jo rawon(things haven’t taken their desired shapes) ok,it will when I clock 34 I believe.
Girlfriends, is it that couch potato who refuses to get his weight up, (I mean his wallet not on the scale) after being out of work due to the recent economic recession but now sits idle watching soaps and not trying to get another one. I kept working my butts off caring for him and I said it all about love after 12 months, I can even hear some sis saying haba that one too long sef.
I fuel his car, I pay his bills, I still got him the ecko,the izod,the Ralph,the polo and y’all did not think it is time position changes and I go straight to the door opening it ajar leading him out,
That guy that cheats on me and I kept saying he is only having his fun for now, he will change when we get married, I can hear you saying only if there is any marriage afterwards. The G strings in his closet, the lipstick stain on his shirt collar, the feminine call he never allows me to pick, our every decision presided by his mama, the cook up stories about official meetings and deluge of excuses I kept soaking in that garbage ,putting up with the jack ass, (Sorry about my language, no mind me).
I think it is better I wipe the tears off my face before it blinds me off the reality of the bold writings on the wall and let me stop fooling myself, praying and ending up perishing because of my lack of knowledge, Now before throwing down the drain my hard earned money on this good looking but integrity flawed brother.
Am sorry my sis, levels don change, I don pass that grade, I am not on my knees no more, for real I am at the door showing that my so called “Mr. endowed” the way out. No more gamesssssssssssssssssssssss
(Visited 148 times, 139 visits today)
Re: Down On My Knees?got To Be Kidding by Czarskit(m): 10:12am On Jan 02, 2011
*yawn*
Re: Down On My Knees?got To Be Kidding by ifyalways(f): 3:00pm On Jan 02, 2011
Quite long.
Is this a prose,play or poem? cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Are You Ready For World Ipv6 Day On June 8th? / Fairly Used Laptops For Sale / Universal Law Of Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.