Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,731 members, 7,875,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:52 PM

A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) (15859 Views)

Help My Baby Boy's D4 Light Blinks Constantly / A True Story About Insurance. / Pre-order 2011 Chevrolet Volt: USES PETROL/ELECTRIC (charger Included, 4.85M+) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by Ayomarcel(m): 10:12am On Jul 16, 2020
This ur car dey burst my head!! .

Inspired !
Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by MrFinbarr(m): 3:53pm On Jul 16, 2020
isinite4me:
Thank u my guy for sharing ur experience and what u have done with this car. I myself is also a owner of this same car Camry V6 SE.
People always talk-down on V6 car, but I thank God that I bought this car. BTW it was my friend that hook me up with it.

Car is very fast and quite, fuel consumption is very economy, honestly I can't tell the different with 4 cylinder. Cause I spent same amount of fuel for a week drive of previous car (4 cyn). plus the comfort and everything. It worth it 110%. This is personal experience oo, although toyota fuel economy is very good, plus my car is still in top condition. Other brand of v6 may consume more or different.

Personally I don't like tampering with electrical system of my car because I don't like cut and join things of which most of our electricians do here, hence I let everything remain at factory. But I plan to do some changes like changing of stereo to dvd or android, dashboard light to white instead of orange (very important, don't like the orange), the rim is bit expensive sha, however mine came with 17-rim plus anti theft system and I like the current rim.

People admired my car all the times, other than say the car by itself is very clean, I also wash it myself with car wash. Will like to get another better type of car wash sha since u mentioned it. I def never ever used detergent to wash my car. I always try my best to keep my car in a very top condition always, I checks everything to ensure they are in good working conditions and don't manage things. I change them if need to be change. Do my servicing with specified oil when due, use coolant as well.

I have few things to do with the car sha as mentioned earlier but i will start with tinted permit first.

Honestly I love this car. Parts are fairly cheap like corolla. If u want a car that is very effective and u won't break a bank to fix it, go for this one. I tell u, u won't regret it. In fact this particular model is better than 4 cylinder engine. Someone told me about issues related to 4cyn after long use which this one does not have. So that is a plus.

I have learnt a lot from ur post and will like for us to connect in order to share experience going forward.

Here is my Big Daddy pics, enjoy it. Thanks for reading.

Nice car you got there.
Honestly, I don't know where that "Big for Nothing" sentence was originated from.
This car is really superb and reliable.

Pamper it and it will definitely sserve you well.
I have no regrets buying man, especially tthe fact that I got a V6. Super fast and quiet engine.

Congrats on your ride.
Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by MrFinbarr(m): 3:55pm On Jul 16, 2020
Pweety3333:
Op
You bought it toks or Naija used
Come and sell for me na

I got it Toks
And I don't think I'll sell anytime soon
An upgrade will be an addition.
Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by MrFinbarr(m): 3:55pm On Jul 16, 2020
Ayomarcel:
This ur car dey burst my head!! .

Inspired !

Thanks bro grin
Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by melviniyke2002(m): 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2020
MrFinbarr:

I got it Toks
And I don't think I'll sell anytime soon
An upgrade will be an addition.
lol oga boss....sell to our pretty sister n get urself 2015 camry dat fit ur status.....
Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by isinite4me: 11:43am On Jul 31, 2020
MrFinbarr:

Nice car you got there.
Honestly, I don't know where that "Big for Nothing" sentence was originated from.
This car is really superb and reliable.

Pamper it and it will definitely sserve you well.
I have no regrets buying man, especially tthe fact that I got a V6. Super fast and quiet engine.

Congrats on your ride.

Thanks man.

I always don't like it when I hear people calling the car "Big 4 Nothing" I mean why?

Yes, I will do my best to maintain the car oo.

Very very quiet engine sound u say. Love it when my car is steaming and u won't even hear it only the fan i.e. if you're close to it.
The car dey move and all u did do is have the mine to drive. The V6 model of this car is way too lovely.

1 Like

Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by chrisja(m): 5:05pm On Aug 03, 2020
MrFinbarr:
So, the Lockdown boredom was getting at me and I decided to put down a little story about my baby (2005 Toyota Camry) grin

Bought car on the 19th December, 2017 after due diligence has been done (Checking car history through VIN, Inspection by Professional Mechanic and Test Drive). I fell in love with it. I loved the quiet engine sound and super smooth movement. Oh Yea, It's a V6 grin

Friends tried to talk down on my choice of engine size;
"You should have Boughy a V4"
"V6 consumes much fuel" bla bla bla
Nigerians and fuel economy... Smh!!!

I left Lagos on Christmas Day (25th Dec. 2017) by 3am and I was in the East before 11am (I drove it myself)... Lol!!!
I am so glad I stumbled on this post, would like to chat you up, here is my number 0811 971 7363. I just bought a 2005 Camry and it's my 1st car. Would like a few tips from you aside most of the things you already posted. Thanks
Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by MrFinbarr(m): 4:51pm On Aug 07, 2020
After a long time waiting due to the pandemic, my android stereo is finally here... And installed. grin

Feels so good already!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by smartistics(m): 12:45am On Aug 13, 2020
Nice ride but nothing like v4, the engine category is 4 inline normal 4 cylinder block, v6,
v8 and v12.
MrFinbarr:
So, the Lockdown boredom was getting at me and I decided to put down a little story about my baby (2005 Toyota Camry) grin

Bought car on the 19th December, 2017 after due diligence has been done (Checking car history through VIN, Inspection by Professional Mechanic and Test Drive). I fell in love with it. I loved the quiet engine sound and super smooth movement. Oh Yea, It's a V6 grin

Friends tried to talk down on my choice of engine size;
"You should have Boughy a V4"
"V6 consumes much fuel" bla bla bla
Nigerians and fuel economy... Smh!!!

I left Lagos on Christmas Day (25th Dec. 2017) by 3am and I was in the East before 11am (I drove it myself)... Lol!!!
Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by Lexusgs430: 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2020
MrFinbarr:
After a long time waiting due to the pandemic, my android stereo is finally here... And installed. grin

Feels so good already!!!

Give me this car nah, make i take am do uber........ wink
Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by MrFinbarr(m): 3:14pm On Aug 13, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Give me this car nah, make i take am do uber........ wink

grin grin grin
I'm never giving out my baby yet, not even to sell it.
An upgrade will be an addition grin

1 Like

Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by makjo900: 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2020
MrFinbarr:

Rim at 95k
I used a uniform Grade A Tokunbor Tyres at 10k each

Connect me with the plug you buy the tyres and rims from
Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by melviniyke2002(m): 9:37pm On Oct 18, 2020
MrFinbarr:
It's been 2years and 4 months already and I have to confess... I never regret getting this car.

All I've always done was service as at when due and we are good to go. I service the suspension regularly because I hate to hear any noise on the legs (I live in a rough terrain area).

Few major works I've done was changing the Radiator to a double cell and used only Coolant (already diluted).
pls how much did u buy d new double cell radiator....n hope it has been serving u well so far....
Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by MrFinbarr(m): 9:36am On Oct 19, 2020
melviniyke2002:
pls how much did u buy d new double cell radiator....n hope it has been serving u well so far....

It's been serving me well.
Can't remember exact amount I got it.
Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by melviniyke2002(m): 2:55pm On Oct 19, 2020
MrFinbarr:

It's been serving me well.
Can't remember exact amount I got it.
tnxs got one for 20k today....
Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by andrewbaba44: 2:48pm On Jan 19, 2021
Zane2point4:
You'll be a neat and organized person in general.
I see folks there car looks like a zombie head
And trust me there home looks same.
They go almost a week without washing there car.

Well washing a car is the least maintenance in it

What shall it profit a man to wash his car always and use the wrong engine oil and transmission fluid ?

Many people don’t service a car or attend to any little problem till the car finally park up

Dem go see you hail you say you Dey maintain your car bedsuse the car neat but the engine and gear Dey die small small due to wrong transmission oil and poor maintenance grin

4 Likes

Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by Zane2point4(m): 4:06pm On Jan 19, 2021
andrewbaba44:

What shall it profit a man to wash his car always and use the wrong engine oil and transmission fluid ?

Many people don’t service a car or attend to any little problem till the car finally park up

Dem go see you hail you say you Dey maintain your car bedsuse the car neat but the engine and gear Dey die small small due to wrong transmission oil and poor maintenance grin
Trust me, anybody that can organize and keep his car neat like that,will also use recommended oil on it.

If u can bath and wash your children,will u feed them sowered food as diet?? No oo.

1 Like

Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by andrewbaba44: 5:11pm On Jan 19, 2021
Zane2point4:

Trust me, anybody that can organize and keep his car neat like that,will also use recommended oil on it.

If u can bath and wash your children,will u feed them sowered food as diet?? No oo.

Lol

I believe you know Nigerians more like I do
Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by MrFinbarr(m): 6:48pm On Jan 19, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Trust me when I say, I've been using the recommended fluids on this ride.

Engine have always been serviced with Mobil1 which I change every 5000miles.

Transmission oil was changed when it entered Nigeria with original Toyota ATF.

I use only recommended coolant in my radiator.

It's been 3 years plus already, but this baby still remains topnotch and reliable as ever.
Physical maintenance is the 2nd priority when it comes to car maintenance for me.

1 Like

Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by andrewbaba44: 7:03pm On Jan 19, 2021
MrFinbarr:

Trust me when I say, I've been using the recommended fluids on this ride.

Engine have always been serviced with Mobil1 which I change every 5000miles.

Transmission oil was changed when it entered Nigeria with original Toyota ATF.

I use only recommended coolant in my radiator.

It's been 3 years plus already, but this baby still remains topnotch and reliable as ever.
Physical maintenance is the 2nd priority when it comes to car maintenance for me.

I followed your thread and I fell in love With the way you maintained your car

If I see person wey Dey Maintain car dem no need tell me ,kudos to you jare

Selling your big daddy to get a bigger car will be more easier for you due to your maintenance culture

I been dey think say na only me like android screen grin

Please how do I know my car has run 5000 miles ,I use mobile 1 since I purchased it by September ,it’s a 07 Toyota Camry

I hardly drive far distance thou

1 Like

Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by StoneColdxx(m): 7:40pm On Jan 19, 2021
This is beautiful...!!
Love the effort you put into the transformation of your “Big Daddy”.. now the name is really living up to the hype.
Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by alphaNomega: 8:51pm On Jan 19, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I followed your thread and I fell in love With the way you maintained your car

If I see person wey Dey Maintain car dem no need tell me ,kudos to you jare

Selling your big daddy to get a bigger car will be more easier for you due to your maintenance culture

I been dey think say na only me like android screen grin

Please how do I know my car has run 5000 miles ,I use mobile 1 since I purchased it by September ,it’s a 07 Toyota Camry

I hardly drive far distance thou
Read the odometer. You take note of the mileage at the point you changed oil and calculate 5000 miles (~8000+ km, if you car reads in kilometres). Write the number somewhere you can refer to so once the mileage gets there, it's time to change that engine oil

Newer cars have an engine oil service reminder system, e.g. Camry 2005. it saves you the stress of calculating the mileage yourself. All you have to do is reset the reminder after you've serviced the engine.

1 Like

Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by andrewbaba44: 9:00pm On Jan 19, 2021
alphaNomega:
Read the odometer. You take note of the mileage at the point you changed oil and calculate 5000 miles (~8000+ km, if you car reads in kilometres). Write the number somewhere you can refer to so once the mileage gets there, it's time to change that engine oil

Newer cars have an engine oil service reminder system, e.g. Camry 2005. it saves you the stress of calculating the mileage yourself. All you have to do is reset the reminder after you've serviced the engine.

I didn’t take note of the mileage because I changed the oil

I will take not next time

I will change the oil by February ending again
Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by MrFinbarr(m): 9:38pm On Jan 19, 2021
Zane2point4:

You are absolutely correct.
Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by blissbliss: 12:25pm On Jan 20, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I didn’t take note of the mileage because I changed the oil

I will take not next time

I will change the oil by February ending again
Six months or 5,000 miles. Whichever one comes first.
Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by andrewbaba44: 12:38pm On Jan 20, 2021
blissbliss:

Six months or 5,000 miles. Whichever one comes first.

I doubt I have ran up to even 3000 miles

I hardly go on long distance

I only drive 1 hour drive only on weekends and not every weekends

I mostly drive inside my estate to the market and to get fuel or to go to a nearby hotel and that’s all
Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by blissbliss: 2:11pm On Jan 20, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I doubt I have ran up to even 3000 miles

I hardly go on long distance

I only drive 1 hour drive only on weekends and not every weekends

I mostly drive inside my estate to the market and to get fuel or to go to a nearby hotel and that’s all
Just go with some six(6) months interval then.
Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by andrewbaba44: 2:14pm On Jan 20, 2021
blissbliss:

Just go with some six(6) months interval then.

Yeah that’s why I said February ending
Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by sheu01: 12:06pm On Jan 22, 2021
@ Doctor MrFinbarr, Pls did u see the effect of Fuel injector cleaner u pour inside d car fuel tank?
Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by xtervaganza(m): 3:14am On Jan 27, 2021
MrFinbarr:

Feels so good already!!!
Oga,please reply me quick b4 den scam me. Please how much did you get this android media for your car?
Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by MrFinbarr(m): 6:10am On Jan 27, 2021
xtervaganza:
Oga,please reply me quick b4 den scam me. Please how much did you get this android media for your car?

I ordered it myself.
Both stereo and shipping cost me less than 70k

1 Like

Re: A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) by xtervaganza(m): 6:49am On Jan 27, 2021
MrFinbarr:

I ordered it myself.
Both stereo and shipping cost me less than 70k
thanks sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Documents Should Be Requested When Taking Ownership Of A Locally Used Car / Free Internship Positions During The ASUU Strike. / Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.