Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,598 members, 7,941,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 10:15 PM

To Pay Or Not To Pay - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / To Pay Or Not To Pay (330 Views)

Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House / Sen. Ifeanyi Ubah Visits Coouth, Amaku To Pay Final Respect To Goodnews / Father Disrupts Daughter’s Wedding In Ghana As Groom Failed To Pay Bride Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Pay Or Not To Pay by KunteKinte: 12:27pm On Apr 08, 2020
Please My fellow Nairalanders. I need good advice on this matter because insamuch as its not good to be bad it is not also good to be good at one's own detriment.

My annual rent expires every April so I'm expected to pay for the next year as April ends. I've lived in the flat for 4 years now and i have never defaulted in the payment of my rent. I work towards it so before it gets to the time i must have saved up for it. So i think that has made i and my landlord close as i also help him take care of the house and compound.

This April i am supposed to pay him for the year ahead and i have the rent with me already but i am afraid. With this Covid 19 lockdown with no end in sight will it be wise to pay my rent? With business locked down and no means of making money isnt it going to be suicidal to pay the rent? Considering hunger and lockdown? If i dont pay him how will he react cos he is not one to joke with in terms of owing or delaying his money. Ive seen how he deals with my neighbours.

Please my people help me reason this matter. Gentleman's advice would be nice.
Re: To Pay Or Not To Pay by Beedude(m): 12:29pm On Apr 08, 2020
Hmmm.. Since u ve never defaulted. Call ur landlord, pay him 60% of ur rent and promise to balance later. Truth is everyone is gonna go through financial difficulties as soon as the lockdown is over. Ur landlord will understand as well

(1) (Reply)

Poultry Farming For Food Security And Poverty Eradication.14th To 18th September / Is Life Not Treating You Well, You Hardly Get Favoured. Then Check Out This Post / Yul Edochie Preform Levels At The Awka Gsm Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.