Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,852 members, 7,918,779 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 03:16 PM

FG Slashes 2020 Budget - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Slashes 2020 Budget (30782 Views)

50% Transport Subsidy: FG Slashes Inter-State Fares, Labour Knocks Government / FG Slashes Wage By N100bn, Labour Kicks / Covid-19 - Cross River Slashes 2020 Budget From N1.1tr To N147.1bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Slashes 2020 Budget by GOODSUNDAY: 7:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
HATE SPEECH
ghettokid1:

Fulani Herdsmen Govt
Hate Speech statement
Re: FG Slashes 2020 Budget by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 08, 2020
seunmsg:

You’ve not even seen the details of the amended budget and you’ve started wailing. What exactly are you wailing about? What is wrong with slashing the budget in the face of the current economic reality?
Is that why the National Hospital is in disarray? Did they not budget millions for it too. My friend shut up and stop defending nonsense jare
Re: FG Slashes 2020 Budget by osazsky(m): 8:09pm On Apr 08, 2020
BabaOwen:
NYSC has failed to achieve what it is created for, Nigerians are more divided than we were before the civil war. So NYSC should be scrap.
on point sir i am with u on this...senseless deaths too tru accident

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes 2020 Budget by osazsky(m): 8:15pm On Apr 08, 2020
tiwiex:

They are slashing capital budget. People are losing jobs and also cutting salaries. Our government will be doing less since they slashed Capex but nothing happened to recurrent. Weh done.
nysc should be scraped it's of no use it will really help our recurrent expenditure if we want to grow as a nation we must take drastic action not repeating same old ways...same with all monies budgeted for pilgrimages....God is not in Jerusalem Allah is not in mecca..God is in Nigeria..Allah is in Nigeria I don't know what our prob is o..as Christians when we go to Jerusalem do we actually see God face to face...when my relative who works with d accountant general showed me d monies we waste for these two nonsence I wept and concluded that we can nerver move forward as a nation we are our problem and we keep borrowing yet no hospitals no sch spits...I weep for my nation
Re: FG Slashes 2020 Budget by miketayo(m): 9:24pm On Apr 08, 2020
DirtyGold:
Only N300 Billion?

There should be no new capital project this year!
And find a way to trimming recurrent expenditure

This should reduce borrowing... Afterall, we never achieve any remarkable percent budget implementation ever.

Recurrent expenditure includes things like buying new computers, air conditioners, new cars etc (instead of fixing and maintaining available ones) it isn't only salaries. The ministers will also be affected.
The senators on the other hand are a different arm of government with a secret budget... the people need to audit them.

What's tha business?

Oh u meant d overhead part of the recurrent, that's where d ministries see money to steal, doubt they would want to touch that either
Re: FG Slashes 2020 Budget by Timothyoj(m): 9:27pm On Apr 08, 2020
ghettokid1:
Why not slash our useless Senators Salary?

Salary bawo, forget salary brother. Na their allowance make then slash, thats even times three more than their salaries
Re: FG Slashes 2020 Budget by sulaak(m): 9:46pm On Apr 08, 2020
seunmsg:

You’ve not even seen the details of the amended budget and you’ve started wailing. What exactly are you wailing about? What is wrong with slashing the budget in the face of the current economic reality?

The 2020 budget was based on oil price selling at $57 per barrel.

Considering that the average price of oil was $57.00, with low at $46 and high at $66 the logical approach would have been to base the budget at $30 per barrel to manage any oil price shock. In fact, Nigeria budget should be based on tax revenues and duties.

We have an accountant acting as the current Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning three critical ministerial portfolios within one person that has been part of the corrupt Nigerian civil services since 1982 and she is completely out of her depth intellectually and leading Nigeria to complete disaster with her rubber stamp budgets.

https://www.macrotrends.net/1369/crude-oil-price-history-chart

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes 2020 Budget by Bimpe29: 9:53pm On Apr 08, 2020
Reality
Re: FG Slashes 2020 Budget by Tjiaz(m): 1:40am On Apr 09, 2020
Stupid budget from a useless government
Re: FG Slashes 2020 Budget by Insectkiller: 9:14pm On Apr 16, 2020
Nigerians with insult on their leaders..

You people don't have respect again??
Is it because of hunger or frustration??

May God help una..

shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election / Satellite Town Road Lagos Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Today / Florence Ita-giwa Defects From APC To PDP, Backs Ayade For 2nd Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.