Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,926 members, 7,931,208 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 07:04 PM

Coronavirus: Honorable Shinepeller Asking Serious Questions On Pallatives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Honorable Shinepeller Asking Serious Questions On Pallatives (440 Views)

Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) / Nigerian Journalists Are Afraid Of Asking Tinubu,Atiku And Obi Serious Questions / Analysis - Serious Questions For The IPOB Leadership On How MNK Was Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Honorable Shinepeller Asking Serious Questions On Pallatives by tycoon3(m): 5:43pm On Apr 08, 2020
@shinapeller is asking serious questions on the Coronavirus pallatives
If the Federal Government claims that 2.6m households have benefited from the N20,000 palliatives, does that imply that 52 billion Naira was shared amongst Nigerians? I’ve been pondering on this to make sense out of it.
The FGN needs a better strategy, because if after this huge amount has been disbursed to households, I’m still getting loads of calls and pressure from many of my people asking for my help with palliatives, then the Government strategy isn’t right.
Even to this day, a lot of my colleagues are facing the same pressure from their people for palliatives. The MHR is a bridge between the FG and the people, but due to the failed structure of our Nation, people are misinformed and frequently look up to lawmakers as executives believing there’s a budget for them to be used to cater for all their individual needs.
Well, it’s hard to understand how N20k was distributed to 2.6m households. So, I reason that a more beneficial and “economical” approach would have been used to distribute the money, especially via Local Government Areas.

For instance, if the Government had given at least N10million to each of the 774 local government areas in Nigeria. It would have cost the FGN N7.7billion (saving N44billion) and will reach far and wide to a lot of people in the country.
For the sake of practicality, let’s break this down using this simple example, I represent 4 Local Government Areas in my Federal Constituency namely ISEYIN, ITESIWAJU, KAJOLA, IWAJOWA LG areas of Oyo State - If I supervise the distribution of N10 million to 500 people at N20k per head in a Local Government Area. It will be more cost-effective and the impact will trickle down. And for accountability, the list of all beneficiaries and their account numbers would be pasted on a notice board at the ward level. Because every LGA is divided into wards. It takes nothing to paste the list of about 50 beneficiaries in every ward in the country. I have a total of 42 wards in my Federal Constituency and I should be able to give a report of the beneficiaries per ward. Also, the FG through the ministry can do a direct transfer

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-uGXRKpF92/?igshid=1tlml9w52roxp

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Honorable Shinepeller Asking Serious Questions On Pallatives by delpee(f): 5:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
What Shina is saying makes sense.
It can be increased to 1000 households per LG and we'll still be saving a lot of money. Everyone will be able to identify the poorest families in each ward. That way the people are involved and there's transparency and accountability. Over time the beneficiaries can change in the event of improvement in their lives.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Honorable Shinepeller Asking Serious Questions On Pallatives by ZombiePUNISHER: 5:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
This government will go down in history as the most corrupt ever....

What a pity

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Honorable Shinepeller Asking Serious Questions On Pallatives by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 08, 2020
My Cow received his today

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Honorable Shinepeller Asking Serious Questions On Pallatives by tycoon3(m): 5:57pm On Apr 08, 2020
delpee:
What Shina is saying makes sense.
It can be increased to 1000 households per LG and we'll still be saving a lot of money. Everyone will be able to identify the poorest families in each ward. That way the people are involved and there's transparency and accountability. Over time the beneficiaries can change in the event of improvement in their lives.

We pray the MAN in ASO ROCK sees sense in this just as every sensible Nigerian can see
Re: Coronavirus: Honorable Shinepeller Asking Serious Questions On Pallatives by chatinent: 5:58pm On Apr 08, 2020
I cannot curse Buhari; no man can undo mankind's problems.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Honorable Shinepeller Asking Serious Questions On Pallatives by psucc(m): 6:00pm On Apr 08, 2020
Ha huh ha hah ah! One of the rubber stamp Assembly member has break the rule.

Go and check the beneficiaries has no means of identification so that no one would be held accountable.

This is Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Honorable Shinepeller Asking Serious Questions On Pallatives by tycoon3(m): 6:00pm On Apr 08, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:
This government will go down in history as the most corrupt ever....

What a pity

Even money contributed by people to hizz the tension of this period is also been mismanaged.
I give up on this administration “if they sell pure water it will fail”

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Honorable Shinepeller Asking Serious Questions On Pallatives by tycoon3(m): 6:01pm On Apr 08, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Honorable Shinepeller Asking Serious Questions On Pallatives by tycoon3(m): 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2020
chatinent:
I cannot curse Buhari; no man can undo mankind's problems.
Buhari is Adding to our problems
Re: Coronavirus: Honorable Shinepeller Asking Serious Questions On Pallatives by tycoon3(m): 6:04pm On Apr 08, 2020
psucc:
Ha huh ha hah ah! One of the rubber stamp Assembly member has break the rule.

Go and check the beneficiaries has no means of identification so that no one would be held accountable.

This is Nigeria
This is Nigeria
Re: Coronavirus: Honorable Shinepeller Asking Serious Questions On Pallatives by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 08, 2020
Even an APC member ooo but zombies will claim they have got their own share of the palliatives

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Honorable Shinepeller Asking Serious Questions On Pallatives by Precious4real50(f): 6:08pm On Apr 08, 2020
Nice one

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Honorable Shinepeller Asking Serious Questions On Pallatives by Kingseex1(m): 6:24pm On Apr 08, 2020
well good info/advice from the senator, but i believe the fg knows what they are doing because they have lots of advisers. i read in the news that anambra govt gave each community in the state 200bags of rice and was handed to elders of those community for proper sharing and most of her citizens are attesting to it

(1) (Reply)

Catriona Laing Reacts To The Death Of Abba Kyari / JUST IN: Judge Who Nullified 1993 Elections Die Of Covid19 Complications. / PDP Fixes Dates For Edo, Ondo Guber Primaries As INEC Sticks To Timetable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.