Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,819 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:28 AM

Marriage With A Nigerian Man - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage With A Nigerian Man (16044 Views)

Why Is Inter-marriage With Hausa Ladies So Hard? / How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You / My Wife Is Discussing Marriage With Another Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Liss: 5:45pm On Mar 20, 2011
IloveFred:

I have my husband today. He arrived. Our first day together, in Poland

Congratulations, Really wish you d best. smiley
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by MrsChima1(f): 6:00pm On Mar 20, 2011
That good. Now make use of those three months you have with him.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 07, 2011
Welcome everybody. I am still happy. He is nice, cooks, wash plates, help me, we had our interview, our testimonies were the same.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by MrsChima(f): 8:25pm On Apr 07, 2011
Practice make perfect huh?
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by NDelta(m): 11:50pm On Apr 07, 2011
Madam. Pls use him for s e x but please please and please don't give him a penny. That way it will be all a win win for you.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Jenifa1: 6:58am On Apr 08, 2011
IloveFred:

Welcome everybody. I am still happy. He is nice, cooks, wash plates, help me, we had our interview, our testimonies were the same.

no comment. enjoy your marriage while it lasts wink.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 08, 2011
our dear nigerian men.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 6:28am On Apr 09, 2011
N.Delta: don't worry. He is not to work only, but he helps me. It is his choice. He is very nice. I want to give him what he wants. His needs are important to me.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by adamsrib(f): 6:53am On Apr 09, 2011
IloveFred:

N.Delta: don't worry. He is not to work only, but he helps me. It is his choice. He is very nice. I want to give him what he wants. His needs are important to me.

I'm glad your husband is now with you. There have been some really mean, snide, sarcastic and hateful comments in this thread but you still keep coming back to update, that let's me know you are tough. We cannot ask God to bless our lives with a good man and then be too afraid to see where it goes when one shows up. I applaud you for not letting fear get the best of you. The easy thing would have been to say no to him and stay in your "safe zone", but you did not do that. With your tough attitude and resolve you will be okay no matter what happens. More importantly if things don't turn out as you hope at least you can say "I tried." We only get one shot at this life so it is best to live it and have NO REGRETS. All the best to you and yours.

1 Like

Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 09, 2011
Thank you adamsrib. smiley I will never regret my steps. kiss
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 09, 2011
Tell me what can I cook for my husband, because polish food he can't eat and doesn't want to taste, if he doesn't know or never saw.
He cooks his african food, but it is so simple, only rise, spaghetti, chicken, fish and tomato dressing with chili. And friuts of course. But he doesn't want to taste unknown fruits. Where can I find more recipes?
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Katy86(f): 2:41pm On Apr 09, 2011
When he can not eat polish food, what he want in Poland?
What he want with a polish woman?

When he need his own food let him cook for himself.

You are not his personal slave.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by NDelta(m): 3:09pm On Apr 09, 2011
adamsrib:

I'm glad your husband is now with you. There have been some really mean, snide, sarcastic and hateful comments in this thread but you still keep coming back to update, that let's me know you are tough. We cannot ask God to bless our lives with a good man and then be too afraid to see where it goes when one shows up. I applaud you for not letting fear get the best of you. The easy thing would have been to say no to him and stay in your "safe zone", but you did not do that. With your tough attitude and resolve you will be okay no matter what happens. More importantly if things don't turn out as you hope at least you can say "I tried." We only get one shot at this life so it is best to live it and have NO REGRETS. All the best to you and yours.

To be honest, this is one strong and determined woman despite all the negative advice she received here. Madam i must commend your courage. don't worry your marriage will be fine. Afterall all Nigerian men are not thesame.

For the food: Nigerians like rice and source, our food are usually spicy and every meal must have either meat, fish or chicken. We also love plantain, yam, garri, fufu, egusi soup, stew, Efo riro etc some of these are local food. But hey don't worry about food with time he will adjust, we all did. I still eat Nigerian food sometimes but now its no longer a big deal as such. Although older guys that goes abroad stick to Nigerian food for long. PLEASE JENNIFER! ENOUGH OF YOUR PERSISTENT ADVICE. THANKS
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by aminalib(f): 3:19pm On Apr 09, 2011
Katy86:

When he can not eat polish food, what he want in Poland?
What he want with a polish woman?

When he need his own food let him cook for himself.

You are not his personal slave.

katy slap urself well well, why u not ask ur baby father wat he wants with a german woman, let the woman enjoy ur husband, grin
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Katy86(f): 4:06pm On Apr 09, 2011
My boyfriend is eating German food. He is accepting and living the German culture etc when he would not do it I would aks him to leave me and the country.

When he needs some Nigerian food, he can cook it by himself. wink

How can you enjoy such a husband? undecided
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by xxcarolxx(f): 4:29pm On Apr 09, 2011
You asked your bf to leave your country if he would not eat german food, I seriously think you have problems, If you date a nigerian you also have to embrace their culture, as culture is important to them, I would not say to my bf, if you don't eat irish food you have to leave this country,
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Katy86(f): 4:34pm On Apr 09, 2011
You do not understand me.

When he do not eat the German food, speak the German language and respect and live the German culture THEN I would ask him to leave this country : YES!

What does he want in a country what he do not like?

I can not live in India when I do not like the food, speak one of their languages and respect their culture and adapt to the system.

It is not possible!
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Katy86(f): 4:35pm On Apr 09, 2011
And no I do not have any problems. Thank you.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by xxcarolxx(f): 4:43pm On Apr 09, 2011
So anyone who lives in germany, has to live the german way or not live in germany, My bf although he lives in ireland, eats 9ja food, speaks igbo,, So i should say to any germans, nigerians, indians, polish, im sorry you cannot live in ireand, as you do not eat irish food, you do not speak irish so go home, It does not matter what country you live in you still follow your own culture where ever you are,
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Katy86(f): 4:50pm On Apr 09, 2011
lipsrsealed

I never said they show trough their culture away, they can keep their culture and live it of course, they can eat their own food and speak their languages but when you live in a foreign country you have to adapt to the system there too! Is that so difficult to understand?

For example when I live in Nigeria, hey I have to live their cultures too, I have to speak their languages, I have to live like them. Of course I can speak German sometimes or eat my own food and live my own tradition and culture, but in my private life of course.

You can not live in a country when you do not have respect for the people and the culture there and most important when you can not speak the language.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by adamsrib(f): 5:51pm On Apr 09, 2011
People please don't let Katy make this thread about her.

@OP you can find many recipes online. http://www.motherlandnigeria.com/recipes.html This has popular Nigerian recipes. Just do a search and you will find lots of info. You may also want to check out the food board here on Nairaland. They are very helpful.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by xxcarolxx(f): 5:55pm On Apr 09, 2011
adamsrib:

People please don't let Katy make this thread about her.

@OP you can find many recipes online. http://www.motherlandnigeria.com/recipes.html This has popular Nigerian recipes. Just do a search and you will find lots of info.
The link you posted, is how i stumbled across nairaland, I still have to master jelloff rice as i keep burning my rice,
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by adamsrib(f): 6:16pm On Apr 09, 2011
xxcarolxx:

The link you posted, is how i stumbled across nairaland, I still have to master jelloff rice as i keep burning my rice,

lol it really is a small world. As for the rice I burn mine too. My husband makes it perfectly, I still haven't figured it out yet, but I will.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by MrsChima(f): 7:24pm On Apr 09, 2011
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and if it hurting your feelings. Tough.

I agree with the parties on both sides of the "debate". I can see why SOME people would say that African men are marrying Non-African women for papers or a way to feed their hungry families. Nigerian men aren't the only Africans that are dating or married to Non-African women. Let keep it real about what is really going on and some people do not want to accept the fact that their African men (speaking to the Non-African women) could be the deceiver and I am not saying it is in your case but the odds are greater especially if they are not documented.

There are women who have created threads on this section complaining about being used simply for papers and resources. Some of these women are NOT married to Nigerian men and YET paint all Nigerian men FOR WHAT another African man done to them. Is that fair? No. If you can make a decision purely on what you feel is right on your own then you should be prepared to accept EVERYTHING that comes with the decisions you make. Do not blame others for YOUR decisions. If the man was good enough to marry and Bleep then you should have been good enough to move on and live your life.

On the defense side, I can see what people are saying about others making snide and mean comments to women who are married or dating the African men. Why is it a problem for an African man to marry or date a Non-African woman for papers and resources but it is not a problem for the African women that are selling puscy and mouth to white men for chump change? If you can point fingers at one "vice", you should be able to point fingers at all vices. Last time I checked, a vice is a vice. I have seen people on this site are selective who they feel is right or wrong. I have seen people who have stated some of the most incorrect chit in the HISTORY of humanity and yet get accolades but when someone is telling the truth based on what their African wives or husbands have shared to them they are told to go somewhere else and this is an African site. Yet they are trying to immigrate FROM their African countries. How would you feel if someone in the country you have immigrated tell you to go back home, African booty scratcher? I thought so.

Bottom line, EVERYBODY have skeletons in their closets and while you trying to figure out who is doing what and why YOUR PROBLEMS are still unresolved. If you are happy and successful it would show. smiley
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 09, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Disclaimer: This is my opinion and if it hurting your feelings.  Tough.

I agree with the parties on both sides of the "debate".  I can see why SOME people would say that African men are marrying Non-African women for papers or a way to feed their hungry families.  Nigerian men aren't the only Africans that are dating or married to Non-African women.  Let keep it real about what is really going on and some people do not want to accept the fact that their African men (speaking to the Non-African women) could be the deceiver and I am not saying it is in your case but the odds are greater especially if they are not documented.

There are women who have created threads on this section complaining about being used simply for papers and resources.  Some of these women are NOT married to Nigerian men and YET paint all Nigerian men FOR WHAT another African man done to them.  Is that fair?  No.  If you can make a decision purely on what you feel is right on your own then you should be prepared to accept EVERYTHING that comes with the decisions you make.  Do not blame others for YOUR decisions.  If the man was good enough to marry and bleep then you should have been good enough to move on and live your life. 

On the defense side, I can see what people are saying about others making snide and mean comments to women who are married or dating the African men.  Why is it a problem for an African man to marry or date a Non-African woman for papers and resources but it is not a problem for the African women that are selling puscy and mouth to white men for chump change?    If you can point fingers at one "vice", you should be able to point fingers at all vices.  Last time I checked, a vice is a vice.  I have seen people on this site are selective who they feel is right or wrong.  I have seen people who have stated some of the most incorrect chit in the HISTORY of humanity and yet get accolades but when someone is telling the truth based on what their African wives or husbands have shared to them they are told to go somewhere else and this is an African site.  Yet they are trying to immigrate FROM their African countries.  [size=18pt]How would you feel if someone in the country you have immigrated tell you to go back home, African booty scratcher?  I thought so.  [/size]

Bottom line, EVERYBODY have skeletons in their closets and while you trying to figure out who is doing what and why YOUR PROBLEMS are still unresolved.  If you are happy and successful it would show.   smiley

RIGHT ON!  cool

@topic: Some African men are scammers. Some Jamaican men are scammers and some American men are scammers. That is their flaw as INDIVIDUALS they do not represent their entire nationality.

Secondly some African men marry and date NON-African black woman (non Nigerian in this case) and are actually in love with them. So stop trying to discredit those who are loyal to their foreign wives by painting them all as being scammers. It hurts the feelings of some women on this site and men ([b]strange[/b]ly. . .is this a gay thing??  grin) to know men from their ethnicity can genuinely care for and love a Non-Nigerian/African woman and they try to feel better about the situation by saying "he's scamming you hehehehee" please.  undecided

it's the same with interracial dating, yes we know some non black women on a LARGE scale are being used by black men, but we cannot forget there are some black men who LOVE their non black woman.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 09, 2011
My husband is honest. I know that. For me it isn't a problem that he wants to eat only his food. There is no problem to adjust. I respect his will and culture. We go for shopping and he tells me what he needs to buy. But it's true that everybody should respect culture of the country they currently live, but they can practise their own customs.
If man respects me I can do everything for him. I am happy when he is happy.
Katy86: Do you really love your boyfriend if you can tell him "come back"? Because of such a stupid reason? My family is still against me, my mother still doesn't want to see him, but I will never let them hurt him.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Basseti: 10:12pm On Apr 09, 2011
I dont know what premise ur marriage to this Nigerian dude is all about, but whateva it is, I wish U the best of luck.

Warning tho:

Dont come here screaming if something goes wrong . And most importantly , dont take it out on all Nigerian men. Take it as one of those many marriages in the Western world that failed.

Once again, enjoy ur marriage girl
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by MrsChima(f): 11:14pm On Apr 09, 2011
IloveFred:

My husband is honest. I know that. For me it isn't a problem that he wants to eat only his food. There is no problem to adjust. I respect his will and culture. We go for shopping and he tells me what he needs to buy. But it's true that everybody should respect culture of the country they currently live, but they can practise their own customs.
If man respects me I can do everything for him. I am happy when he is happy.
Katy86: Do you really love your boyfriend if you can tell him "come back"? Because of such a silly reason? My family is still against me, my mother still doesn't want to see him, but I will never let them hurt him.

It doesn't matter WHAT OTHERS are saying. You have to be happy and content with your decision. You are the one that will experience the aftermath not us.

Enjoy it.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by MrsChima(f): 11:15pm On Apr 09, 2011
Basseti:

I dont know what premise your marriage to this Nigerian dude is all about, but whateva it is, I wish U the best of luck.

Warning tho:

Dont come here screaming if something goes wrong . And most importantly , dont take it out on all Nigerian men. Take it as one of those many marriages in the Western world that failed.

Once again, enjoy your marriage girl

She is not in the West. She is in Poland.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by Basseti: 11:25pm On Apr 09, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Ok, didnt see that, well Eastern europe.

But who gives a $hit, they still have the same divorce issues.

My point is here most marriages dont work.
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by MrsChima(f): 11:26pm On Apr 09, 2011
Apparently she give a poo because she married him. 

Is that what you feel your marriage will be?  A failure?
Re: Marriage With A Nigerian Man by redsun(m): 11:29pm On Apr 09, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

If i may tell u,poland is now westernized.I know u an american,not very good with currents affairs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13)

Must Your Partner Sit In The Front Sit When Driving ? / What Do U Do! When Your Girl Frnd Stop Picking Your Calls N Neva Calls Back / Ladies: What Do U Like In A Man's Body?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.