Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,955 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:38 AM

Coronavirus: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians (365 Views)

David Bennett Dies After 2 Months Of First Pig Heart Transplant / Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth / Coronavirus: Parents Abandon Kids At China Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by JetStar: 12:01am On Apr 09, 2020
The Electricity Distribution Companies (DisCos) on Wednesday said they have aligned with the federal government to provide a two-month rebate of free electricity to their customers nationwide. In a statement by the Executive Director, Research and Advocacy at the Association of Nigeiarian Electricity Distributors (ANED), Barrister Sunday Oduntan, said the decision was in recognition of the challenging effects of the coronavirus (COVID-19) on the economic and daily lives of the customers. Oduntan, who is also the spokesman for the DisCos, said: “We are also completely aligned with the plans to ensure palliative measures, including free electricity supply to all Nigerians for two months, to make life easier, during the lockdown period. Details of implementation to come soon.”
Oduntan also said the initiative is a fulfilment of the DisCos’ commitments to the nation as they align themselves with the efforts of the National Assembly and the Federal Executive to mitigate the hardships that are currently being borne by their customers and Nigerian citizens. The DisCos commended the lawmakers, the Executive arm and the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) for their initiative adding that they are committed to working with them to ensure more efficient power supply within the difficult period. The power firms also reiterated their commitments to improving service delivery to the nation during this COVID-19 pandemic period and thereafter as they advised their customers to stay at home and stay safe. Daily Trust reports that the House of Representatives had on Saturday called for the supply of free electricity to Nigerians for two months as part of measures to mitigate the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila made the call at a meeting between the National Assembly leadership and the Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmad, and the Director-General of the Budget Office of the Federation, Ben Akabueze, among others.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/discos-fg-agree-on-2-months-free-electricity-for-nigerians.html

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/discos-fg-agree-on-2-months-free-electricity-for-nigerians.html
Re: Coronavirus: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by Ifiegboria(m): 12:07am On Apr 09, 2020
Great news
Re: Coronavirus: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by otokpamike(m): 12:10am On Apr 09, 2020
If this is true then we should all keep in mind that after covid-19, the figures will be 3x
Re: Coronavirus: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by onyotakom: 12:57am On Apr 09, 2020
Rubbish! How will two months of light alleviate the hunger problem that is in the land?

Instead of the government to religiously and competently distribute food and other monetary items to the poor that will last them for at least two months, they are busy doing this rubbish so that tomorrow they will now say they have spent billions of naira for this
Re: Coronavirus: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by Damsyjay(m): 1:19am On Apr 09, 2020
if this is true, then we should be expecting craxy bills after 2months...cos nothing good ever comes from these guys
Re: Coronavirus: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by Acidosis(m): 1:43am On Apr 09, 2020
I won't be surprised to know none of the members of the house, NERC or Disco representatives remember that some Nigerians use automated prepaid billing system as at the time these promises were made.

They will make useless promises on air and come back later to discover the complexities they fail to address all their life. It is so easy to declare palliatives for "everyone" in a country that can't conduct a credible election or census after over 50 years of independence.
Re: Coronavirus: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by OgaTheTop2: 1:47am On Apr 09, 2020
Where is the electricity they want to give two months free... This government is a joke..

Re: Coronavirus: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by Laffrepublic(m): 1:49am On Apr 09, 2020
grin grin

Re: Coronavirus: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by jacquincy: 1:54am On Apr 09, 2020
Then hopefully we shld brace up for blackout for 2 months
Re: Coronavirus: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by Hardtyme: 1:59am On Apr 09, 2020
I don't mean to derail this, but i have to speak out

Good day nairalanders, please this is my story and I have

ask for help here, I know this the wrong time to do

so.

I'm a 27 years old guy, life's has not been easy. I don't

want bore anyone with my history or biography.

I was robbed of my laptop, phone and money.
I worked in a One-man owned restaurant for over 2 years and

I have been able to raised some money to get a high end

London used laptop last 2 month, my planned was enrolling

into an ICT center to learn some IT skill (3D Animation).
For that reason I had to relocate to Lagos to squat with a

friend for the period of my training.

Due to the current lockdown, I had to halt my training, my

friend travelled home and I was the only home.
Last week Saturday evening I went to see a guy who's vast

in 3D Animation to learned some things from him. I spent

over 4 hours there, i was oblivious of time, unknown to me

It was almost few minutes after 10, i had to take my leave

by foot because there was no vehicular movement.
On my way home I was robbed of my Laptop, phone and my

ATM... they took me to a close by ATM Booth and made me

emptied my account. I had N23,000 In my account, the money

i was saving to balance up my training fees.
I couldn't resist cause the had pistol, I don't want to

risked my life by struggling with them.

Right now I'm frustrated, I reported to my bank and they

said nothing they can do since the money was withdrawn via

ATM. The police are not helping matters either with

demanding of money I can't afford.

Nairalanders please come to my rescue, dying of thinking,

hunger and depression. I have been having suicide thoughts

lately, I have to speak up because I'm afraid if i don't I

may do something bad.

Please, I'm not good in begging or running to people for

help and this is terrible time to do so.
Nairalanders please I need your helps financially and

Psychologically.

Please if there's any job I can do to earn just to feed at

this period I am willing to do.
I can do laundry, help you clear you gutter or bushes, wash

toilet, car... just anything.

If you can afford to give me even N500 I'll be eternally

grateful.
If there's anyone with any old phone that can whatsapp,

please lent me.
I have an old scrap laptop to sell out, if there's any

Laptop engineer here who can buy it for any amount, please

I'll be highly grateful.

Please I also need psychological help, I'm dying of

depression.I need some to talk to.

I had to create a new account with a neighbor phone because

I can't remember my old account password and I can't access

my email from another phone without verifying my number and

there's no way I can retrieve my line due to the lockdown.

Please I don’t know how long I will stay online, I’m currently using someone’s phone…

If you have the heart to assist me financially, Psychologically or with any menial job, please I can be reach via 09056348270 (Please if the number doesn't go through, retry. someone gave an old phone it has a lot of faults and battery doesn't last more than 30 minutes)

Thanks and God bless you all richly

Laptop engineers please help me, I have a scrap laptop to sell for any amount.

If there is anyone who can help me track my phone, please kindly me... I have the phone IMEI
Re: Coronavirus: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by lewispius: 2:25am On Apr 09, 2020
Joke of the year

(1) (Reply)

LASG Gives Updates On Abba Kyari's Death / VIDEO: To Enter This Taxi You Must Use It's Fitted Hand Wash System / BREAKING: Killer Of Funke Olakunrin Tests Positive For COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.