Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,404 members, 7,881,467 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:29 PM

Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors (36577 Views)

Queues Resurface As NNPC Incurs $6 Billion Petrol Payment Backlogs / Kyari: FG Files 24 Charges, Seizes Mega Assets / Kyari: FG, Police Have Badly Sullied Nigeria’s Image (Punch Editorial) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by Valmekyz: 7:15am On Apr 09, 2020
Somebody should help me before this thing gets out of hand.
I've exhausted my foodstuff and cash in this lockdown. Someone pls help
UBA

Thanks
Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by juman(m): 7:16am On Apr 09, 2020
I dont believe him.
Let wait and see.
Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by Centcanada: 7:16am On Apr 09, 2020
So another Kyri still day? Make covid19 catch you, you will know that your name has been writing in the book of corona as a bad name. Keep on diverting fund like your papa chief of staff. The zooo has fallen!
Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by donbenz(m): 7:17am On Apr 09, 2020
I’m actually not surprised. What a country..
Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by Matty91(m): 7:21am On Apr 09, 2020
Thieves, Na God go help Naija. These old men ready to milk us dry. cry
Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:21am On Apr 09, 2020
All the Kyari family are in key positions in this country. This is not good angry
Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by grandstar(m): 7:22am On Apr 09, 2020
I did not bother reading the article because it will leave me angry.

The only reason why there are no more subsidy payments is that the price of crude oil is presently very low. The price, however, won't stay this low forever. That is the point the government is missing, not the government but Buhari.

The government made the big mistake of simply reducing the price. It should have deregulated the price of petrol and let the price be dictated by market forces as was done with diesel long ago.

Once the price rises, there will be an immediate need to start subsidizing it again, jeopardizing the so-called N475 billion savings.

Buhari's Statist and leftist bent has messed the economy and left it in tatters. Economic growth has never exceeded 2% a year during his term in office. The disastrous foreign exchange control policies he introduced upon the assumption of office in 2015 starved the economy of dollars and led to the mass closure of companies triggering a very severe recession.

He has refused to deregulate the price of petrol as advised by his petroleum pick, Kachickwu, and instead, prefers to keep the status quo of a fuel subsidy.

Please take my word for it. The proposed N475B savings is simply delusional.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by Bighead9: 7:22am On Apr 09, 2020
Buhari is working.

Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by adecz: 7:24am On Apr 09, 2020
angry angry

“ That means that you have the cross - border issues , which is because you are selling fuel at a lower price than the market price and we are therefore practically supplying fuel to the whole of West Africa".

So, why do we have Customs Service?
We don't like telling each other the truth..

If such volume of smuggling is going on,
it means Customs are not doing their
work or are even the perpetrators of the
smuggling..

instead of removing Hamed Ali for
incompetence, they are suffering the
people with border closure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by mila1121(m): 7:25am On Apr 09, 2020
But would you be willing to cut down your percentage and that of the oil blocks owners managing accounts both in offshore and onshore
Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by 9jaRealist: 7:27am On Apr 09, 2020
Only N457 billion? shocked

It should be at least N1 trillion...
Going by what they used to pay to importers.

Have they started to chop the cash already?
wink
>

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by Lisaint(m): 7:28am On Apr 09, 2020
Immediately APC came in after Jonathan
They said they are ending subsidy hence the need to review the price from 87 to 145

After this they bought a new term

UNDER ROCOVERY

Which is another subsidy

They have start another scam
Just watch they will bring another term
Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by enemyofprogress: 7:29am On Apr 09, 2020
Where is the original kyari that we all know?
Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by Ventura1: 7:30am On Apr 09, 2020
Is there any hope of generating such amount with crude oil at less than $30?

They only want to sway the mind of the gullible
Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by 9jaRealist: 7:32am On Apr 09, 2020
Hezmatosky:
No body talks about people's welfare in this country. FG should create an Avenue where people can at least get something at the end of each month to aid themselves.

That usually happens in countries where citizens actually pay their taxes... grin
>
Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by Urchman200: 7:33am On Apr 09, 2020
Adeolajude:
I hate nothing in this earth more than Nigerian politicians..they are part of the angels that accompanied devil to the earth.
4get Nigerian politicians concentrate on the one's in power then u can make sense, some of u who are retired apc zomby ,will always like to generalize the failures of this government by using the word our politicians.
Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by Urchman200: 7:36am On Apr 09, 2020
I thought they said no subsidy, only them are removing the same subsidy now,those who have stupidly supported this corrupt administration will have no peace.
Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by tunmmyunited(m): 7:36am On Apr 09, 2020
“Partner with a Nigeria News Update Website and get the privilege of being paid each time you share a post on your facebook or watch videos, view a post on the website, create a post and login to the website. You can start today with a one time registration fee of N2,500 and stand d chance to earn over 20k everyday Ask me how”.
Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by kantap: 7:36am On Apr 09, 2020
They should send it to the poor ASAP.

Meanwhile, I am giving this IPhone X 256GB white colour phone with 100% functionality and no body scratch away to a serious buyer especially Imo residents for N185k only.
Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:37am On Apr 09, 2020
sexyking1:
I don't know why I'm not always comfortable whenever I see our FG use the word 'DIVERT' it always make me feel money is changing hands...
That's what it means. Money changing hands and disappearing into thin air. Once you hear them say 'DIVERT' just forget it.
Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by 9jaRealist: 7:37am On Apr 09, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:
We are clamouring for deregulation, forces of demand and supply should determine pricing, abeg why is kerosine and diesel still the despite the crash in crude?

Bros, kerosene and diesel (as well as aviation fuel) pricing were deregulated YEARS AGO...
That’s one reason the petrol subsidy made little no economic sense - given that diesel, kerosene and aviation fuel impacted the citizenry more.
>
Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by Cruzzygraphics4: 7:39am On Apr 09, 2020
Lalasticala
Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by AbdulAkpan: 7:42am On Apr 09, 2020
PUT IT IN THE HEALTH SECTOR!
Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by Chukazu: 7:48am On Apr 09, 2020
You getting companies to run the refineries... Why not simply sell them off? ... Bunch of Confucius
Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by mrkings84(m): 7:51am On Apr 09, 2020
How many Kyari do we have in this government?
Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by slowice(m): 7:53am On Apr 09, 2020
I ve lost faith in this government, I don't trust them at all. I still remember how the last administration distributed subsidy fund and it wasn't even full subsidy removal. They gave grants directly to Nigerians with valid business proposals through sure p and you win platform. But this current guys make sure they steal everything and if there's anything to be given to Nigerians, it will be done fraudulently and not on merit taking everything to the North. Can't trust them any more.
Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by Chukazu: 7:54am On Apr 09, 2020
9jaRealist:
Only N457 billion? shocked

It should be at least N1 trillion...
Going by what they use to pay importers.

Have they started to chop the cash already?
wink
>

Forget it... The 1trillion been Brandishing was used to rig election
Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by igwefivestar(m): 7:55am On Apr 09, 2020

Re: Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors by guy222: 7:56am On Apr 09, 2020
afrika:
The north truly knows how to mess the economy and country up.

Mtcheeew.

Jos imagine, subsidy, divert non sense.

GEJ I want to beg you to forgive all the youths and fellow Nigerians to followed the apc media stunt in abusiving u whereas you were the best we had
Making sense until you mention jonathan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#EndSARS: Omoyele Sowore, Deji Adeyanju, Aisha Yesufu Lead Protest In Abuja / Niger-Delta Militant Called Kachikwu On Phone And Threatened To Blow Pipeline / Pastor Ize-Iyamu's Campaign Poster That Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.