Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,800 members, 7,965,954 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 06:01 AM

) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ) (3452 Views)

Rx 330 And Rx 350 Forsale / See The Remarkable 2020 Lexus RX 450h / Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 03-08 And Honda Pilot 03-06 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 09, 2020
maynation:

Lexus remains a luxury brand and as such a lot is expected.
@The boldened.
It all boils down to choices, no need calling people's personal preferences 'nonsense' because they share different taste from you.

That's a stupid choice that we must prevent others from making. The OP of this thread would have made the same choice but thanks to this thread, his eyes have opened. cool
Re: ) by maynation(f): 7:25pm On Apr 09, 2020
rationalmind:

That's a stupid choice that we must prevent others from making. The OP of this thread would have made the same choice but thanks to this thread, his eyes have opened. cool
Lol. Okay that's true.
But someone like me will choose the normal Toyota over the over-hyped luxury Lexus any day any time.
If I want to buy anything luxury, I won't consider Lexus at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 09, 2020
maynation:

Lol. Okay that's true.
But someone like me will choose the normal Toyota over the over-hyped luxury Lexus any day any time.

1 Like

Re: ) by Jaystye34: 7:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
You buy it new? And what’s the mileage? Price how Many years you using it
KINGreignn:

Do an RX330. It's a very reliable and comfortable vehicle. It's considerate on fuel economy and has decent power. It's most common issues are dashboard cracks, catalytic failure, Oxygen sensor failure. Asides these, you've got no issues to worry about especially when you practice proper maintenance on it. I could easily go on and on and on about that vehicle because I've owned one and driven it so I know what's what about it.

3m is enough to get you a base model with decent mileage and decent history. But you may need to up your budget a bit to get the full spec units which are actually hard to come by.
Whatsoever you're doing, do not buy a flood salvaged or accident salvaged vehicles which had deployed airbags or damaged chassis.

By the way, my own person Lexus RX330 is up for sale at a reasonable price. It has been well maintained and will still go strong and smooth if the new owner will stick to same maintenance schedules I put into it.
If you're interested in it, you can check my profile and feed your eyes.

Cheers!
Re: ) by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:18pm On Apr 09, 2020
maynation:

Lol. Okay that's true.

You've consistently polluted this thread with your awful takes. It's about time you stopped.
Re: ) by KINGreignn: 8:18pm On Apr 09, 2020
Jaystye34:
You buy it new? And what’s the mileage? Price how Many years you using it

I didn't buy it new, I bought it foreign used, imported personally, I've used it 6years I bought it at 160k miles and it's currently 195k miles.
Re: ) by seunpinky(m): 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nice conversation here.. however I have a question, as an ardent follower of car talk, I noticed many of the experts always clamour for buying recent models(years). How come this is not the case in this thread?
Does this also mean that you will advice me to pick a 2008 es350 over a Camry 2012? I am asking to learn from u all.
Cc KINGreignn, gazzuzz, heavenlybang, nurey, oluwaseunla,radautos,diportivo
Re: ) by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:44pm On Apr 09, 2020
seunpinky:
Nice conversation here.. however I have a question, as an ardent follower of car talk, I noticed many of the experts always clamour for buying recent models(years). How come this is not the case in this thread?
Does this also mean that you will advice me to pick a 2008 es350 over a Camry 2012? I am asking to learn from u all.

Honestly, depends. I'd probably take the ES over the Camry. Ride quality on the ES will be substantially better.

2 Likes

Re: ) by KINGreignn: 8:49pm On Apr 09, 2020
seunpinky:

Build quality, material use, fit and finish, looks and driving impression the Lexus beats the cheaply built plastic Camry
Re: ) by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:52pm On Apr 09, 2020
KINGreignn:

Build quality, material use, fit and finish, looks and driving impression the Lexus beats the cheaply built plastic Camry

And the ES looks a lot better, tbh. That 2012 Camry looks remarkably unremarkable
Re: ) by KINGreignn: 8:56pm On Apr 09, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

And the ES looks a lot better, tbh. That 2012 Camry looks remarkably unremarkable

Lol. The interior and dashboard is very busy and so is the front end.
Re: ) by seunpinky(m): 9:03pm On Apr 09, 2020
Thanks for the response@ KINGreignn and heavenlybang. We learn daily and I am enjoying this conversation. Apparently the es is better than d camry

1 Like

Re: ) by niyoni: 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2020
Jaystye34:
I have 2.5m-3m. RAV4 07-08 and rx 330 04-05.. which is the best car to go for for tokunbo.. your comment is needed

Hi @Jaystye34. Please avoid the 07/08 RAV4, especially the 4 cylinder engines. Too many issues on those model years.

Your option, the 04/05 RX 330, is a great vehicle. Just do well to get one with a good history and condition.

Should you prefer owning a RAV4, please consider looking at the 2010/2011 models. Do know, however, that they are quite pricey.

Best wishes!
Re: ) by searchng4love: 10:00pm On Apr 09, 2020
maynation:

Lol. Okay that's true.

Re: ) by Jaystye34: 10:39pm On Apr 09, 2020
God bless you, I was even thinking 4 cylinder is the best
niyoni:

Hi @Jaystye34. Please avoid the 07/08 RAV4, especially the 4 cylinder engines. Too many issues on those model years.

Your option, the 04/05 RX 330, is a great vehicle. Just do well to get one with a good history and condition.

Should you prefer owning a RAV4, please consider looking at the 2010/2011 models. Do know, however, that they are quite pricey.

Best wishes!
Re: ) by xrayj(m): 7:11am On Apr 10, 2020
maynation:

Lol. Okay that's true.
Don't u think it is time u go to family section & learn how to take care of babies & cook properly? U are really doing bad here!
Re: ) by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:12am On Apr 10, 2020
xrayj:

Don't u think it is time u go to family section & learn how to take care of babies & cook properly? U are really doing bad here!

Completely uncalled for. Imagine being a misogynist in 2020.
Re: ) by KINGreignn: 7:16am On Apr 10, 2020
xrayj:

[s]Don't u think it is time u go to family section & learn how to take care of babies & cook properly? U are really doing bad here[/s]!

Uncalled for

1 Like

Re: ) by xrayj(m): 7:17am On Apr 10, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Completely uncalled for. Imagine being a misogynist in 2020.
It has nothing to do with misogyny
How many women do u see here compared to men?
Re: ) by xrayj(m): 7:19am On Apr 10, 2020
KINGreignn:

Uncalled for
Re: ) by KINGreignn: 7:23am On Apr 10, 2020
xrayj:

A lame attempt to be known as an alpha male while in fact you're a male chauvinist.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ) by xrayj(m): 7:28am On Apr 10, 2020
KINGreignn:

A lame attempt to be known as an alpha male while in fact you're a male chauvinist.
What are u saying??
Who is talking about alpha male here?
Did u see me making reference to alpha male?
If u are so much in a hurry to come in her defence, at least settle down & think through before u quote me.
Re: ) by KINGreignn: 7:30am On Apr 10, 2020
xrayj:

What are u saying??
Who is talking about alpha male here?
Did u see me making reference to alpha male?
If u are so much in a hurry to come in her defence, at least settle down & think through before u quote me.

Your manners towards her shows. Actions speaks louder than words remember!
I judged you based on your actions online.

1 Like

Re: ) by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:46am On Apr 10, 2020
xrayj:

And so? Call them out on their opinions and statements being wrong, but leave gender out of it.

1 Like

Re: ) by Fentanyl: 8:53am On Apr 10, 2020
searchng4love:

the mistress of multiple monikers and usernames

always acting like a paranoid schizophrenic primate

i saw your lame attempt at deflecting attention and camouflaging on that useless thread about landcruisers, but we all know who you really are

you deactivated Smartchoiice and reactivated smartchoiices and the rest

the only person u are fooling is yourself

2 Likes

Re: ) by Fentanyl: 8:58am On Apr 10, 2020
[s]

maynation:

Lol. Okay that's true.

[/s]

buy whatever you want madam (if you're actually female)

but please don't let your ignorance affect the decisions of others, people are here to get good information to make good decisions, your ignorance is unwelcome and unwanted

thanks

2 Likes

Re: ) by maynation(f): 9:07am On Apr 10, 2020
I actually was here to learn, no need to insult me.
I will pick my Camry'13 over any make or model any day any time tho.
Peace to you all.
Re: ) by maynation(f): 9:11am On Apr 10, 2020
Thanks to KINGreign.

I have learnt a lot from you, and I appreciate your responses to me and the fact that they weren't insulting.

Peace to everyone.

1 Like

Re: ) by searchng4love: 9:27am On Apr 10, 2020
maynation:
Thanks to KINGreign.

I have learnt a lot from you, and I appreciate your responses to me and the fact that they weren't insulting.

Peace to everyone.
Only kingreign?
Re: ) by searchng4love: 9:29am On Apr 10, 2020
xrayj:

Re: ) by DOZTECH: 9:29am On Apr 10, 2020
Buy 2009 Ml350 and have peace of mind.
Re: ) by maynation(f): 9:30am On Apr 10, 2020
searchng4love:

Only kingreign?
He is the only one who made his points without using insulting words, besides he stood to my defence too.
Who else?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If 500 Per Litre Has Come To Stay Then I Can't Afford To Drive A Normal Car / What Documents Do I Need For My Car / Please Help! My Maxima Is Freaking Me Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.