Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,632 members, 7,944,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 08:18 AM

SA Ventilator Project - 10,000 New Ones By June - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / SA Ventilator Project - 10,000 New Ones By June (465 Views)

#coronavirus: See How Much Each Breathing Machine ICU Ventilator Costs / A Priest Hands Over His Ventilator To A Younger Person And Dies In Italy / Coronavirus:Bill Gates Says Vaccine Could Be Ready For Large-scale Trial By June (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SA Ventilator Project - 10,000 New Ones By June by TMKsouth: 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2020
South Africa’s top scientists have been put in charge of manufacturing 10,000 ventilators by June

The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory will manage the development and production of 10,000 ventilators by the end of June, in line with government’s National Ventilator Project.

The country only has 6,000 ventilators, and officials worry that this will not be enough to cope with the expected spike in severe Covid-19 patients, many of whom will require assisted breathing.

The team, which headed up South Africa's successful bid to host the world’s largest radio telescope and built the country’s 64-dish MeerKAT, is “amongst the best system engineers and system integrators in the country.”

The SKA, when built, will be the largest radio telescope on Earth, with dishes in South Africa and Australia.

"If we have the skills that put the MeerKAT together, why can’t we use them to put together medical capacity"

The National Ventilator Project plans to start manufacturing ventilators by the end of April.

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/south-africas-radio-astronomers-head-up-national-ventilator-manufacture-effort-2020-4

Re: SA Ventilator Project - 10,000 New Ones By June by healthserve(m): 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2020
Can't touch that.....

Dancing to " McHammer Vibes"

Dan Dan Dan Dan, Dan Dan Dan Dan. If you like Psquare and didn't groove to McHammer, you missed a lot, quickly do the needful.

Stands on this table and claps hand. Brilliant minds in power will only produce brilliant results. We're sharing 150 trucks of rice we declared poisonous because we wanted to share amongst our top officials before the lock down issue. We're still trying to produce pencils and while we applied for 500 Million Euros loans to drive industrial scale productivity across but not limited to agriculture and creative industries, within a year, we are yet to see the direct physical manifestations of those " Quagimoli "

By the way, we import Medical drip water and even the most basic aspirin even when our rules candles against their import. We don't know how to Farm for medical purpose. Shakes head vigorously with palm on face. One word, Failure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SA Ventilator Project - 10,000 New Ones By June by TMKsouth: 3:58pm On Apr 09, 2020
healthserve:
Can't touch that.....

Dan Dan Dan Dan, Dan Dan Dan Dan. If you like Psquare and didn't groove to McHammer, you missed a lot, quickly do the needful.
Stands on this table and claps hand.

grin grin Catchy opening!
Re: SA Ventilator Project - 10,000 New Ones By June by healthserve(m): 4:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
TMKsouth:

grin grin Catchy opening!

Ma Ka Na wink
Re: SA Ventilator Project - 10,000 New Ones By June by WannaHowzit(m): 4:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
healthserve:
Can't touch that.....

Stands on this table and claps hand. Brilliant minds in power will only produce brilliant results. We're sharing 150 trucks of rice we declared poisonous because we wanted to share amongst our top officials before the lock down issue. We're still trying to produce pencils and while we applied for 500 Million Euros loans to drive industrial scale productivity across but not limited to agriculture and creative industries, within a year, we are yet to see the direct physical manifestations of those " Quagimoli "

By the way, we import Medical drip water and even the most basic aspirin even when our rules candles against their import. We don't know how to Farm for medical purpose. Shakes head vigorously with palm on face. One word, Failure.

So wat is the solution my man?

At least Lagos seems to be doing something right during this corona thing. That can be emulated right?
Re: SA Ventilator Project - 10,000 New Ones By June by healthserve(m): 4:41pm On Apr 09, 2020
WannaHowzit:

So wat is the solution my man?

At least Lagos seems to be doing something right during this corona thing. That can be emulated right?

All solutions provided by all technocrats should be followed. I'm personally aware that the Creative industries loan for example has been marred with ambiguity I know quite a few technocrats whom those finances would have driven their industries. My example again 500 Million Euros loan to drive productivity is much enough for us to begin to see massive things

Lagos has good ideas but again politicised, the technological systems needs to be open so opportunities can be best harnessed by the nest brains and hands, and not piloted, determined and managed by the government. Which of course in the case of Lagos is what yorubas call " abosi"
Re: SA Ventilator Project - 10,000 New Ones By June by WannaHowzit(m): 5:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
healthserve:

All solutions provided by all technocrats should be followed. I'm personally aware that the Creative industries loan for example has been marred with ambiguity I know quite a few technocrats whom those finances would have driven their industries. My example again 500 Million Euros loan to drive productivity is much enough for us to begin to see massive things

Lagos has good ideas but again politicised, the technological systems needs to be open so opportunities can be best harnessed by the nest brains and hands, and not piloted, determined and managed by the government. Which of course in the case of Lagos is what yorubas call " abosi"

U right. Systems should run efficiently by themselves regardless of which government is in power.

The situation in Nigeria looks dire. I saw the presidential task force seeming upbeat though.
Re: SA Ventilator Project - 10,000 New Ones By June by healthserve(m): 5:32pm On Apr 09, 2020
WannaHowzit:

U right. Systems should run efficiently by themselves regardless of which government is in power.

The situation in Nigeria looks dire. I saw the presidential task force seeming upbeat though.

My brother. False improvements and False reality is the scenario and when we tell knuckle heads, they'll only be here to argue without reasoning. Nice to see a like minded fellow on the issue

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Confirms 12 New Cases Of Lassa Fever: Total Of 963 Cases, 188 Deaths / Covid-19: What Is America Try To Do Here? / Fears In Maiduguri As Nurse Dies Of Covid-19 Related Symptoms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.