Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,766 members, 7,924,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 01:50 PM

Club Shares Food Relief Packs To The Aged In Ibadan - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Club Shares Food Relief Packs To The Aged In Ibadan (255 Views)

Bagudu Distributes CACOVID-19 Food Relief Materials To Over 38,000 Households / Covid19: Pastor Chukwuemeka(odumeje) Shares Food Items(pics) / Omisina Memorial Elderly Care Centre-totally Committed To The Care Of The Aged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Club Shares Food Relief Packs To The Aged In Ibadan by Kimiwa: 9:44pm On Apr 09, 2020
I was pleasantly surprised today when I saw a group of women wearing their club's vest somewhere in Ibadan. The inscription read "IBADAN VANGUARD SISTERS'. Out of idle curiosity I hung around to see what they were up to since they all looked comfortable and clearly were not residents of the downtown area where they were.
They opened their cars and brought out the food packages that they had brought. I didn't see what was in each individual pack but from the size I believe whatever was in it would feed an adult for at least a week. The spokesperson called out for whoever had an old person in residence and they started handing out the packs. Thoughtfully they went from house to house asking for aged women and handing out the packs. Though it wasn't very plenty, at least from what I saw, they did their bit and it was well accepted by the recipients. They said they had already distributed some at another location yet they neither came with press men nor cameras and it didn't seem like they were looking for that kind of publicity. All they did was to serve humanity in their own little way and put a smile on at least one persons face.
If only everybody who is able would emulate this without playing to the gallery.
I requested to take some pictures which I'll try to upload if I'm able to.

Re: Club Shares Food Relief Packs To The Aged In Ibadan by dawnomike(m): 9:45pm On Apr 09, 2020
That was a nice initiative ..
Re: Club Shares Food Relief Packs To The Aged In Ibadan by YOUNGELDER1(m): 10:14pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nice gesture.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Extends Lockdown By 14 Days, Releases Economic Incentives / Check Out Latest Nigeria Newspaper Headlines For Today,thursday April 16th, 2020 / Covid-19 Has Been Conquered In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.