Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,659 members, 7,937,965 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 02:53 PM

Lockdown Should Be Extended By Two Weeks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown Should Be Extended By Two Weeks (1669 Views)

Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month / Lai Mohammed: Lockdown Will Be Extended If Nigerians Don’t Behave Themselves / Abdulkarim Dauda's Retirement Year Extended By 3 Years By Buhari - DailyNigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown Should Be Extended By Two Weeks by Acidosis(m): 6:45am On Apr 11, 2020
Esseite:

Nigeria sees the danger, but most have already been infected with the hunger danger while avoiding the virus danger.

People are hungry really, some may just be too proud to beg publicly, while some are having anxiety at the rate the small savings is going down without expecting income.

search within and count how many "help me" calls you have gotten.. some people dont even pick calls anymore.

True. I'm aware a lot of people are hungry because of economic situations, not necessarily because of the one or two weeks lockdown in some states. It's a long-term trend. With lockdown, a lot more are worried and anxious about draining savings, not having hope of what to come in the face of extension. But what exactly will suspension do?

Suspend or not, for as long as NCDC continues to announce new cases, many informed Nigerians will remain mindful of where they go, parents won't allow their kids go to school and many businesses will continue to record low sales. Social events will suffer, those that manage to gather will remain suspicious and tensed not knowing who got the virus. The rich will lock themselves up in their air conditioned cars, leaving the poor to face the risk.

I believe the government hasn't done enough in terms of testing and palliatives but I do not see how suspending the lockdown will benefit the poor.
Re: Lockdown Should Be Extended By Two Weeks by Nobody: 7:01am On Apr 11, 2020
Acidosis:

True. I'm aware a lot of people are hungry because of economic situations, not necessarily because of the one or two weeks lockdown in some states. It's a long-term trend. With lockdown, a lot more are worried and anxious about draining savings, not having hope of what to come in the face of extension. But what exactly will suspension do?

Suspend or not, for as long as NCDC continues to announce new cases, many informed Nigerians will remain mindful of where they go, parents won't allow their kids go to school and many businesses will continue to record low sales. Social events will suffer, those that manage to gather will remain suspicious and tensed not knowing who got the virus. The rich will lock themselves up in their air conditioned cars, leaving the poor to face the risk.

I believe the government hasn't done enough in terms of testing and palliatives but I do not see how suspending the lockdown will benefit the poor.

So what then do we do about the poor and the depleting savings without income?...
Re: Lockdown Should Be Extended By Two Weeks by Acidosis(m): 7:16am On Apr 11, 2020
Esseite:

So what then do we do about the poor and the depleting savings without income?...

Massive testing, more and more palliatives while gradually relaxing the lockdown. In the transition process, small business, SMEs, offices with less than 50 staff should be allowed to operate while ensuring that all preventative measures are in place.

Extremely large organizations, schools, large churches and mosques, large markets (dealing in nonessential goods), and event centres, should remain under lockdown until the curve is flattened.

Interstate travels should remain banned; and all interstate motorists should be allowed to operate freely within the city centres to enable a well coordinated social distancing. Agberos should be banned, settled (cared for) by the government, and replaced with security operatives.
Re: Lockdown Should Be Extended By Two Weeks by Olami83: 8:03am On Apr 11, 2020
Acidosis:

Massive testing, more and more palliatives while gradually relaxing the lockdown. In the transition process, small business, SMEs, offices with less than 50 staff should be allowed to operate while ensuring that all preventative measures are in place.

Extremely large organizations, schools, large churches and mosques, large markets (dealing in nonessential goods), and event centres, should remain under lockdown until the curve is flattened.

Interstate travels should remain banned; and all interstate motorists should be allowed to operate freely within the city centres to enable a well coordinated social distancing. Agberos should be banned, settled (cared for) by the government, and replaced with security operatives.

I really don't think you know what people are going through..

Do you think the lockdown of a thing would have worked in US and Europe if govt had not introduced palliative system?

An hungry man is indeed a stubborn person... An hungry man is just like a depressed soul who fear no death or any diseases.

The lockdown can't just work in Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari's Infrastructure Projects Expose The Stupidity Of Goodluck Jonathan. / Ahmadu Bello Christmas Message To Christians In 1959. / Apart From Binance, Which Other Platform Can I Use For P2p Crypto Trade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.