Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,305 members, 7,974,358 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 09:53 PM

The Importance Of The Cross (4) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Importance Of The Cross (4) (165 Views)

Moment Obi Cubana Did Sign Of The Cross As Kanayo O. Kanayo Sprayed Him (video) / Go Back To The Cross / How Hausa People Raised Alarm After Sighting Fulani Trucks In Cross River. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Importance Of The Cross (4) by Btruth: 6:52am On Apr 11, 2020
The Importance of The Cross (4)

Sat, 11 Apr 2020

‘Behold, they have rejected the Word of the Lord; so what wisdom do they have?’ Jeremiah 8:9 NKJV

You will never understand the message of the cross, or receive the benefits of salvation that come from the cross, until you first kneel at the cross and receive Jesus Christ as your personal saviour.

The story is told of a great preacher who was touring Italy. A friend told him to go to a certain village and see a painting of the crucifixion of Christ.

‘What is it like?’ he asked.

His friend said, ‘Never mind what it is like. I want you to see it. Please promise me you will.’

He replied, ‘I will.’ He went to the village and visited the chapel where the painting was.

The old caretaker said, ‘You’ve come to see the painting, haven’t you?’

He said, ‘Why, yes I have.’

The caretaker responded, ‘Follow me.’

The great preacher was not prepared for what he was about to see. Instead of a beautiful masterpiece, the painting seemed all out of proportion and didn’t make sense. ‘I don’t understand this painting,’ he said.

The caretaker replied, ‘Come closer.’ He did. The caretaker said, ‘Get lower.’ He did.

Finally, as he was kneeling at the foot of the cross, he looked up and saw the power and beauty of the painting and was reduced to tears. It’s only when you lay aside your pride, your preconceived notions, and your intellectual approach, and humble yourself, that the message of the cross transforms you.

‘For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.’ (1 Corinthians 1:18 NKJV)

(1) (Reply)

Kano State Records First Case Of Coronavirus. / I Need Help A Man Cry Out In This Lockdown / Another Two Weeks Lockdown, Help O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.