Stats: 3,171,296 members, 7,881,094 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:18 PM

Please Is This True About Nigerian Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Is This True About Nigerian Government (786 Views)

Stop Lying About Nigerian Gas, We Owe Them $300 Million - Ghanians To Govt / Twitter Deletes Buhari’s Tweet About Nigerian Civil War - Peoples Gazette / Aisha Yesufu To Trump: Stop Flattering Yourself With Tweet About Nigerian Parade (2) (3) (4)

Please Is This True About Nigerian Government by Ezemust: 9:31pm On Apr 11, 2020
I had a debate this evening with an elderly man about government covid19 palliative distribution.He was complaining that government keep claiming that it has distributed money to the poor while he has goten nothing.he was really angry. WELL i told him that we are in NIGERIA were accurate data of people dont exist so every body cant get govmt fund.
HE cut me shut.in the 60s he said,when they was no internet or sim card registration,when every family head still pay tax, the govmt never miss a single family.he said people who live in unmotorable village roads are not spared.even if u run away to a distant farm the govmt will locate u dia.
Again he said that during election all rural area in Nigeria participat but time to give back then they will have no data.
I had a good laugh even though th baba was very angry.
What do u guys think.do u think the govmt is fooling us?
Re: Please Is This True About Nigerian Government by ona2: 9:45pm On Apr 11, 2020
Who are you asking? My brother we all know what is happening in this country. No be today

Re: Please Is This True About Nigerian Government by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 12, 2020
Does PHCN miss any house when sharing Bills ?

You have your answer.
Re: Please Is This True About Nigerian Government by Nobody: 12:23am On Apr 12, 2020
Naughtysite:

You have your answer.

Re: Please Is This True About Nigerian Government by JAMO84: 12:51am On Apr 12, 2020
You that was suppose to educate the old man, it seems you're even more ignorant than he is.

This palliative is meant for just 11 million people, it can never reach all the poor and vulnerable.

Besides, what was the population of Nigeria in 1960, cannot be more than 40 million, today it's 200 million plus!!!

I AM DONE TALKING
Re: Please Is This True About Nigerian Government by NaijaRoyalty(m): 12:58am On Apr 12, 2020
Naughtysite:

You have your answer.

Omo dis question weak me

Re: Please Is This True About Nigerian Government by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 12, 2020
JAMO84:
You that was suppose to educate the old man, it seems you're even more ignorant than he is.

This palliative is meant for just 11 million people, it can never reach all the poor and vulnerable.

Besides, what was the population of Nigeria in 1960, cannot be more than 40 million, today it's 200 million plus!!!

I AM DONE TALKING

You are not done talking anything.

How can your government prepare palliatives only for an audio 11million people, when the World Bank tells you that over 61% of 200million Nigerians live on below $1 per day.

61/100 X 200million = 122million Nigerians.

And you are done talking...

Re: Please Is This True About Nigerian Government by nlPoster: 1:18am On Apr 12, 2020
Should b common knowledge perhaps.
Re: Please Is This True About Nigerian Government by Nobody: 1:29am On Apr 12, 2020
JAMO84:

I AM DONE TALKING
Look at what your Senators and House of Reps member are earning compared to UK and USA that have GDP and budgets of over a thrillion dollars annually. And your telling me the palliative cannot reach more of the poor and vulnerable.

Re: Please Is This True About Nigerian Government by KirkoBlack: 1:49am On Apr 12, 2020
When they need to collect money from the masses I.e NEPA bills and taxes they always find ways to do that but when it comes to distribute to Nigerians thats when the money becomes invisible (I believe they call it "audio" on nairaland here lol)

If fire didn't destroy the money, snake go swallow am.
Re: Please Is This True About Nigerian Government by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 2:07am On Apr 12, 2020
Ezemust:
I had a debate this evening with an elderly man about government covid19 palliative distribution.He was complaining that government keep claiming that it has distributed money to the poor while he has goten nothing.he was really angry. WELL i told him that we are in NIGERIA were accurate data of people dont exist so every body cant get govmt fund.
HE cut me shut.in the 60s he said,when they was no internet or sim card registration,when every family head still pay tax, the govmt never miss a single family.he said people who live in unmotorable village roads are not spared.even if u run away to a distant farm the govmt will locate u dia.
Again he said that during election all rural area in Nigeria participat but time to give back then they will have no data.
I had a good laugh even though th baba was very angry.
What do u guys think.do u think the govmt is fooling us?

THE NIGERIA DESCRIBED ABOVE WAS NIGERIA BEFORE THE 1966 COUP AND THE SUBSEQUENT BIAFWAR
Re: Please Is This True About Nigerian Government by Ezemust: 6:27am On Apr 12, 2020
ALMUSTAQIM:

THE NIGERIA DESCRIBED ABOVE WAS NIGERIA BEFORE THE 1966 COUP AND THE SUBSEQUENT BIAFWAR
but dont u think the govmt can reach all nigeria if they truely want to?
Re: Please Is This True About Nigerian Government by West1side: 6:39am On Apr 12, 2020
When there was no pandemic was your government able to solve all your problems n why do you think they will be ae to solve all those rising from the effect of COVID 19?

What palliative as the world bank with the numbers given to those living under the $1 per day.

Naughtysite:

You are not done talking anything.

How can your government prepare palliatives only for an audio 11million people, when the World Bank tells you that over 61% of 200million Nigerians live on below $1 per day.

61/100 X 200million = 122million Nigerians.

And you are done talking...

Re: Please Is This True About Nigerian Government by gaddafe(m): 7:22am On Apr 12, 2020
West1side:
When there was no pandemic was your government able to solve all your problems n why do you think they will be ae to solve all those rising from the effect of COVID 19?

What palliative as the world bank with the numbers given to those living under the $1 per day.

How does giving palliative translate to solving all our problems? Or you think anyone is happy sitting at home? I have said it often: if government cannot provide palliative then we should forget the bullshit of sit at home and social distancing. Let people go about their normal job and if we get infected, those that will die should be buried while those that survive the pandemic should continue living. I cannot sit at home and watch my kids die of hunger.

Covid-19: Nigeria Records 34 New Cases. Lagos And Kano Lead / Did President Trump Stylishly Deny Speaking With President Buhari??? (video) / 9th NASS Receives 10% Of Every Loan Approved For Buhari As Kickbacks –Timi Frank