Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,046 members, 7,946,568 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 09:02 PM

What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? (9487 Views)

Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Pastor Alph Lukau Resurrection Of A Dead Man: Funeral Parlour To Sue Him (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by femi4: 3:01pm On Apr 14, 2020
Myer:

Nawa oh. Your own bible says Jonah died inside the whale? Wetin we no go hear.
I would have called you an idiot but apparently you're quoting your pastor who is the real idiot twisting the bible to his gnorant "my pastor said" followers.
Olodo, were you not taught comparative analysis in school....Educated illiterate

Jonah: In the belly of fish
Jesus: In the belly of the earth

That's the comparison.

If you were taught figure of speech in school, what does being "In the belly of the earth" represent?
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Myer(m): 7:28pm On Apr 14, 2020
femi4:
Olodo, were you not taught comparative analysis in school....Educated illiterate

Jonah: In the belly of fish
Jesus: In the belly of the earth

That's the comparison.

If you were taught figure of speech in school, what does being "In the belly of the earth" represent?

You're dripping too much ignorance I don't know where to patch you from.

First, the emphasis of the Jonah reference was to express that he would spend 3 days in sheol before ressurecting.

Second, John and Elijah clearly did not have the same mode of operation since John never performed a miracle. He was a reincarnation of Elijah as was prophesied.

And the problem with your ignorance is, it is the very confident type. I pity those who listen to your crap.
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by femi4: 8:56pm On Apr 14, 2020
Myer:

You're dripping too much ignorance I don't know where to patch you from.

First, the emphasis of the Jonah reference was to express that he would spend 3 days in sheol before ressurecting.

Second, John and Elijah clearly did not have the same mode of operation since John never performed a miracle. He was a reincarnation of Elijah as was prophesied.

And the problem with your ignorance is, it is the very confident type. I pity those who listen to your crap.
Olodo....Miracles is what comes to your shallow mind when I mentioned mode of operation.

Let me enlightened you

Mt11:14, Lk1:13-17

11Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence, d and violent people have been raiding it. 13For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. 14And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come

He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb. And he will turn many of the children of Israel to the Lord their God. He will also go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, 'to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children,' and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."

Next time you want to quote me, make sure you back your claims with scripture. Else, you ll be sounding like a folly
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Myer(m): 9:18pm On Apr 14, 2020
femi4:
Olodo....Miracles is what comes to your shallow mind when I mentioned mode of operation.

Let me enlightened you

11Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence, d and violent people have been raiding it. 13For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. 14And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come

He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb. And he will turn many of the children of Israel to the Lord their God. He will also go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, 'to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children,' and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."

Next time you want to quote me, make sure you back your claims with scripture. Else, you ll be sounding like a folly

That's not a mode of operation, that's a mission. Don't try to justify your error.
Re: What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? by Myer(m): 6:15pm On Apr 16, 2020
femi4:

Let me enlightened you

Your claim is that John the Baptist having the same spirit of Elijah meant they had the same mode of operation. I simply corrected your error.
Mode of operation is different from mission.
You simply bolded his mission.

Don't only read but study your bible so you don't keep sounding untaught.
Malachi 4:4-5 clearly prophecied the return of Elijah. That in plain terms means reincarnation. Elijah came back as John the baptist. Which was what Jesus confirmed in the verse you quoted.
But even Jesus knew you still would argue which was why he added the clause, "if you will receive it."

Anyway, all this is just to teach you that some times those you argue with know the bible more than you do. Be humble and learn. Maybe you too will come to see it as what it is, a guide, just like other religious books.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

1,300 Join Facebook Protest Over Pastor Ashimolowo's KICC Church / Where Is 4EVERGOD, AKA NAIJADEYHIA? The Guy Who Said He has Raised The Dead. / What Does The Bible Teach About Speaking In Tongues?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.