Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,404 members, 7,950,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 04:10 AM

What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? - Politics (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? (77122 Views)

How Buhari’s Coronavirus Campaign Compares With Uk’s / Anxiety In PDP Over Presidential Campaign In S/west / PDP’s Plot To Zone VP To S-west Or S-south, Satanic, Barbaric, Inhuman —Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Covidodo: 1:33pm On Apr 16, 2020
forgiveness:

Seriously! Just yesterday? Na for the guy oooo.
The news is on the front page
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
candidtalk:

What quarrel? Just don't like it when men can't, won't act like men. Counter the guys point and don't be sneakily avoiding it while looking for cheap shots like spelling errors. That is childish.

Not childish.

I was engaging with him soundly and he wasn't complaining. You just swooped in and turned it to accusations.
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Redcrafton: 1:40pm On Apr 16, 2020
forgiveness:

There are many issues with Aba. The infrastructures are in decay. Roads, drainage, healthcare, education, water etc infrastructures are all in decay.

Flooding is due to bad roads and drainage system.

The economy of the state is collapsing due to the cheap substandard Chinese shoes flooding the market. Worst hit is the local shoe industry who can't compete.
Due to bad roads, buyers prefer to buy market in Onitsha instead of Aba.

However, if the government focuses on road, Aba can be the best place in the East to live. It's a planned town.

We know Aba needs help but it's not all areas are affected like most people believe. Roads, drainage, healthcare, education, water,bla, bla....Even Lagos with almost a trillion naira budget has these issues in some places too. These images are from areas within Lagos city. Aba is more than 15km from Umuahia the state capital. So people who are shouting Aba should be properly guided. There are slum areas in most cities in Nigeria.

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by NigerianSage: 2:13pm On Apr 16, 2020
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11371448_refusedump1_jpega9f7c6ba668cd7c1aa260a1965c5e1ae

This is kojo street in Ajegunle, we all know there the inhabitants came from and who they are.

They brought rotten and decay Aba to Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Iamgrey5(m): 2:18pm On Apr 16, 2020
Redcrafton:

We know Aba needs help but it's not all areas are affected like most people believe. Roads, drainage, healthcare, education, water,bla, bla....Even Lagos with almost a trillion naira budget has these issues in some places too. These images are from areas within Lagos city. Aba is more than 15km from Umuahia the state capital. So people who are shouting Aba should be properly guided. There are slum areas in most cities in Nigeria.
Oh really

So now you know every town has a slum

Aba is actually a slum entirely

The whole town looks like a bad picture.

NB: you can only deceive those that have not been to the state.

3 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by forgiveness: 2:21pm On Apr 16, 2020
Redcrafton:

I lived in that city for 8 years. So I know what I am talking about.

Which issue does Lagos have? You can't even compare.

Aba is a planned city but infrastructures are in decay. A state that doesn't prioritize Education, healthcare, road infrastructures etc.

The governor in many cases own teachers 9 months salary.

A town where the the teaching hospital was closed for months.

A town where there is no water running in tap. You have to go meters away from your house to buy water and carry it to the third or fourth floor.

A town where 90% of roads are not paved.

A town without drainage system.

Umuahia is better but it is a small town compared to Aba.

Even small Abakaliki is far better than Aba and Umuahia but Abia state is far richer.

Where money dey?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by forgiveness: 2:22pm On Apr 16, 2020
Covidodo:

The news is on the front page

Ok. Let see.
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Nowenuse: 4:03pm On Apr 16, 2020
forgiveness:

Two states apart from Lagos has 90. Lagos state is Yoruba dominanted in population and everything.

According to your logic, Rivers state is dominated by non SS. grin

Just swallow your pride and agree SW are ahead of any region in Education. grin

You are the one making unnecessary noise here. grin

SW

Ekiti - 95.79
Osun - 90.97
Lagos - 96.3
Ogun - 81.79
Ondo- 81.15
Oyo - 80.25

SS

Akwa Ibom - 78:84
Bayelsa - 86.83
Cross River - 89.03
Delta - 87.43
Edo - 90.53
Rivers - 95.76

Itsekiri are under the umbrella of Afenifere. A Yoruba social cultural group. That's who Itsekiris are. grin

See this one. Did you take the average of the statistics you just dropped?

I just took the average and the
SS states are 88.07
SW states are 87.70.

Now tell me who is ahead of who grin. Clowns.

Since I joined this thread and you Yorubas attacked me, I have been disgracing you people with your own facts!

So the Nigerdeltans are more educated than the Yorubas. Full stop grin

Cc Legendhero, Myobjective
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Nowenuse: 4:06pm On Apr 16, 2020
Covidodo:

You better leave that loser ..
They just butchered over 2 dozens of his people in his plateau yesterday but the loser is here measuring his flaccid dick with others .

I wish him well with his utopian Christian only middle Belt republic

See this mugu. Don't fulani herdsmen also attack your own people too inspite of the fact that u are in the south?

These people the fulanis attack also kill fulanis too like nonsense, but most times it does not make it to the news cos herdsmen do not have access to the media.
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by forgiveness: 4:20pm On Apr 16, 2020
Nowenuse:

SS states are 88.07
SW states are 87.70.

Since I joined this thread and you Yorubas attacked me, I have been disgracing you people with your own facts!

Using mean. ok

Do you know that Itsekiri is Yoruba? grin

Do you know there are ingenuous Yorubas in NigerDelta?

If we remove them from the equation, we know the result. grin

1 Like

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Sunshineg5(m): 4:28pm On Apr 16, 2020
Nowenuse:

SS states are 88.07
SW states are 87.70.

Which facts have you been disgracing people with

Do you have a short memory?

You said that Yorubas don't make up to 40% of Yoruba christian universities, yet you were disgraced with facts to the extent that you resorted to illogical mumbo jumbo

You jumped to development of Jos/Plateau vs Ibadan /Oyo state, yet you were still disgraced with facts but you changed the topic to Nasco having huge net worth than any company in ibadan.

You claimed you had 99% literacy rate in Plateau, yet you were disgraced with facts till you started to claim that Hausa/Fulani make up to 1/4 of Plateau population just to safe face.

You even claim your people are well to do, but the poverty of your people was exposed in the presence of everyone here..

Have you no shame!

Now your gross is that South/South has a 0.3 higher level of literacy than the southwest which is well within the margin of error, a far cry from the way you painted it earlier.

Yet, you still have the nerve to talk about disgrace!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Sunshineg5(m): 4:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
Nowenuse:

See this mugu. Don't fulani herdsmen also attack your own people too inspite of the fact that u are in the south?

These people the fulanis attack also kill fulanis too like nonsense, but most times it does not make it to the news cos herdsmen do not have access to the media.

So how come Fulani still make up to 1 in every four of the people in your state by your own admission if you have often deal with them in the absence of media like you claim?

4 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by totit: 4:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
Babaramota has said it all. Are you guys still falling for the cheap deceit and lies of that one? grin

He's one of those Okoros born and bred in Jos. I can't believe you guys at all. cheesy
He solely created the moniker for this purpose, and as you can all see everything about him, the venom in his responses with no direction and purpose is typical of okoros. Open your eyes guys lest he continues to troll you all. grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by forgiveness: 4:39pm On Apr 16, 2020
Goke7:

thank God say na dem get and dey stay for Aba, if not they would have blame the SW too for their woes in Aba, no wonder na there ipob start from, a production of plunder and poverty

Hahahahahahaha! That state Governors no bi am. Dem don chop all the money finish. grin

1 Like

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Tobrasky: 4:44pm On Apr 16, 2020
My bread has finished oooo
With our world class IGR stats, we shouldn't be fighting gidigbo for agege "buredi" oooo
After all we are richer than all the Igbo states put together ooo
Infact we are the richest and most suffersticated tribe in Africa oooo
Yet awawa boys, 1 million boys and other Igbo criminal outfits are killing us in these quarantine period ooo
Our Forbes list billionaires e joor e wa ran wa lo wo ooo grin grin grin

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by forgiveness: 4:46pm On Apr 16, 2020
Anambralstson:
Industrial sector which contribute 11% to GDP covers these areas

Show me 2019 GDP of states?

3 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Sunshineg5(m): 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2020
totit:
Babaramota has said it all. Are you guys still falling for the cheap deceit and lies of that one? grin

He's one of those Okoros born and bred in Jos. I can't believe you guys at all. cheesy
He solely created the moniker for this purpose, and as you can all see everything about him, the venom in his responses with no direction and purpose is typical of okoros. Open your eyes guys lest he continues to troll you all. grin grin grin
Actually he is a deranged Jos boy that grew up in the south/south region of Nigeria.

And Judging by his pride and the way he refuses to take to correction, one can easily come to the conclusion that he is among the first generation of his people to seek western education.

I don't even care if he decides to dish out fake stats all day long to boost his own ego, I am just annoyed at the way he lies shamelessly about others and believes his own lies without even bothering to carry out the slightest of honest of research to find out the truth.

I mean all his claims were all refuted here by mere click on google search.

3 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by forgiveness: 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2020
Nowenuse:

You are so so shameless. You just selected the part of the Babcock list where there are concentration of Yoruba names.

I trashed u with the covenant list and now u have shamelessly moved to Babcock

Here is a page from that same list below.

Babcock admitted only 4 students according to your list!? grin

2 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Anambralstson: 4:59pm On Apr 16, 2020
forgiveness:

Show me 2019 GDP of states?
NBS published in October 2018 first phase of states GDP, 11 states were published then second phase was released on April 2019 making it 22 states, I believe the last phase will be publish this year, it provides estimates for states GDP for the five-year period covering 2013-2017. The completion of this initial phase of the SGDP compilation exercise revealed new insights regarding the structure of sub-national economies, while also demonstrating an improvement in statistical capacity for producing both national and state accounts.
the nominal gross domestic product for the 22 states (for which data is currently available) stood at N63.8trillion, or 56% of Nigeria’s nominal gross domestic product in that year.
The 22 states accounted for 57%, 77% and 48% of agriculture, industry and services GDP at the national level respectively. Among the 22 states, however, services sector accounted for 67%, while agriculture accounted for 22% and industry, 11%.
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by NigerianSage: 5:09pm On Apr 16, 2020
Anambralstson:

NBS published in October 2018 first phase of states GDP, 11 states were published then second phase was released on April 2019 making it 22 states, I believe the last phase will be publish this year, it provid estimates for states GDP for the five-year period covering 2013-2017. The completion of this initial phase of the SGDP compilation exercise revealed new insights regarding the structure of sub-national economies, while also demonstrating an improvement in statistical capacity for producing both national and state accounts.
the nominal gross domestic product for the 22 states (for which data is currently available) stood at N63.8trillion, or 56% of Nigeria’s nominal gross domestic product in that year.
The 22 states accounted for 57%, 77% and 48% of agriculture, industry and services GDP at the national level respectively. Among the 22 states, however, services sector accounted for 67%, while agriculture accounted for 22% and industry, 11%.

Lagos

SW

SS.

The SW region contributed 14 percent of the total IGR in 2016; this was followed by 13 percent in 2017, and in 2018, the contribution of the region stood at 14 percent. So, if economic vibrancy in Nigeria is captured by the amount of IGR state governments make, the Nigerian economy is just among three regions-Lagos, South-South and South West; the rest are not in the equation. The three aforementioned economies, Lagos, SS and SW, contributed 75 percent of the IGR in 2016; 72 percent in 2017, and 71 percent in 2018.

https://businessday.ng/business-economy/article/how-three-regions-account-for-71-percent-of-nigerian-economy/.

Your nominal rubbish is irrelevant, your SE region is totally irrelevant and dis-countable when it comes to national economic contribution.

When it comes to the Nigerian economy, only 3 regions Lagos, SW and the SS. PERIOD.

3 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Anambralstson: 5:21pm On Apr 16, 2020
NigerianSage:

Your nominal rubbish is irrelevant, your SE region is totally dis countable when it comes to national economic contribution.

When it comes to the Nigerian economy, only 3 regions Lagos, SW and the SS. PERIOD.

I believe you don't understand how GDP works, go and study how GDP works and come back then we can discuss, study this table and do more research, I hope you know two southeastern states is among seven states that control 90% transactions in Nigeria?

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by NigerianSage: 5:22pm On Apr 16, 2020
^^^^^

I know the refugee folks love to says the SW is nothing without Lagos, but look at the above conclusion, even without Lagos, the SW is still one of the 3 largest contributor.

Case Closed.

4 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by forgiveness: 5:25pm On Apr 16, 2020
Anambralstson:

NBS published in October 2018 first phase of states GDP, 11 states were published then second phase was released on April 2019 making it 22 states, I believe the last phase will be publish this year, it provid estimates for states GDP for the five-year period covering 2013-2017. The completion of this initial phase of the SGDP compilation exercise revealed new insights regarding the structure of sub-national economies, while also demonstrating an improvement in statistical capacity for producing both national and state accounts.

Kudos to Anambra. However, Enugu is not in the picture.

Can you explain this point you missed? grin

The 6 states with the highest nominal GDP in 2017 – FCT, Akwa-Ibom, Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Anambra – accounted for about 50% of the total states GDP, or 27% of Nigeria’s nominal GDP, in 2017.

1 Like

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by NigerianSage: 5:26pm On Apr 16, 2020
[s]
Anambralstson:

I believe you don't understand how GDP works, go and study how GDP works and come back then we can discuss, study this table and do more research, I hope you know two southeastern states is among seven states that control 90% transactions in Nigeria?
[/s]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11372527_11_png59b2900aa03cb2182a51cdb520b535b6

You can fool other people with your redundant GDP noise, but you can not fool or distract me from obvious regional contribution and facts.

What exactly is you regional contribution in brick and mortar.

Even anambra is almost at the bottom of the GDP race in the SE so what are you barking about really?

Your entire SE GDP contribution is far far below Lagos and even below the SW without Lagos.

Abeg waka jare.

3 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Anambralstson: 5:32pm On Apr 16, 2020
NigerianSage:
[s][/s]

You can fool other people with your redundant GDP noise, what exactly is you regional contribution in brick and mortar.

Even anambra is almost at the bottom of the GDP race in the SE so what are you barking about really?

Abeg waka jare.
I told most of you that studied Yoruba in schools should stop disgracing your tribe, trying to force yourself to the debate you end up disgracing yourself and tribe, be patient, watch and learn.
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Anambralstson: 5:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
forgiveness:

Kudos to Anambra. However, Enugu is not in the picture.

Can you explain the one you missed? grin

The 6 states with the highest nominal GDP in 2017 – FCT, Akwa-Ibom, Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Anambra – accounted for about 50% of the total states GDP, or 27% of Nigeria’s nominal GDP, in 2017.

Only 22 state were published Lagos and others are not yet out, first phase was published in 2018, second phase was released in 2019, I believe the final phase will be out this year, Anambra and Ebonyi are the only states from southeast, Lagos is the only state missing in west
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by NigerianSage: 5:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
[s]
Anambralstson:

I told most of you that studied Yoruba in schools should stop disgracing your tribe, trying to force yourself to the debate you end up disgracing yourself and tribe, be patient, watch and learn.
[/s]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11372527_11_png59b2900aa03cb2182a51cdb520b535b6

I have nothing to learn from your ignorance, illiteracy and confusion, your insult and abuse doesn't change the fact that the SE is at the bottom when it comes to regional economic contribution.

3 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Anambralstson: 5:41pm On Apr 16, 2020
The screenshots is from NBS, you can do the research on your own

Kindly read

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by forgiveness: 5:42pm On Apr 16, 2020
Anambralstson:

My brother you can compare Ondo and Anambra on industrialization, Nnewi alone trash Ondo states, any of you can list the industries in Ondo and pictorial evidence to support your claims, I'm ready.

This is from the same report displayed. Oil accounts for ONLY 2%. How many % do you think Ondo contributes to the 2%? grin

Across the 22 states, the non-oil sector represented 98% of total states GDP while the oil sector accounted for only 2%.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by NigerianSage: 5:44pm On Apr 16, 2020
[s]
Anambralstson:
The screenshots is from NBS, you can do the research on your own

Kindly read
[/s]

Recommendations

An overhauling of state’s IGR collection scheme

There is a need for some states to overhaul their IGR collection mechanism. Ordinarily, one would have expected a state such as Anambra to be the leading IGR state in the south east. That is not the case today as Enugu State is clearly in the lead.

Abia State Government generated just N750 million in 2018 as direct assessment tax. This is a far cry when compared with N1.05 billion that Edo State generated as direct assessment revenue; N2.45 billion in Imo; N1.59 billion in Kwara; N5.14 billion in Ogun; and N3.58 billion in Oyo State.

https://businessday.ng/business-economy/article/how-three-regions-account-for-71-percent-of-nigerian-economy/

Even in the SE, poor anambra ain't shit.., it's still behind Enugu and others..

You can make all the ignorant and irrelevant noise all you want, this is the obvious reality, anambra is at the bottom, of the pile even in the SE.

5 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by forgiveness: 5:44pm On Apr 16, 2020
Anambralstson:

Only 22 state were published Lagos and others are not yet out, first phase was published in 2018, second phase was released in 2019, I believe the final phase will be out this year, Anambra and Ebonyi are the only states from southeast, Lagos is the only state missing in west

can you please explain the bolded? Thanks

]The 6 states with the highest nominal GDP in 2017 – FCT, Akwa-Ibom, Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Anambra – accounted for about 50% of the total states GDP, or 27% of Nigeria’s nominal GDP, in 2017.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Anambralstson: 5:48pm On Apr 16, 2020
forgiveness:

can you please explain the bolded? Thanks

]The 6 states with the highest nominal GDP in 2017 – FCT, Akwa-Ibom, Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Anambra – accounted for about 50% of the total states GDP, or 27% of Nigeria’s nominal GDP, in 2017.

Like I said earlier state accounts statistics are based on the guidelines and recommendations set out in the System of National Accounts 2008, the System of National Accounts provides an internationally recognised framework and a comprehensive set of concepts, definitions and classifications for national accounting. Additionally, other relevant guidelines adopted are the International Standard Industrial Classification of all Economic Activities (ISIC) as well as the Central Product Classification (CPC) system.

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (103) (Reply)

Wike, Ibori, Makinde In Closed Door Meeting With Tinubu(picture) / Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic / Army Withdraws Military Escort For IBB, Obasanjo, Others

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.