Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,031 members, 7,880,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 02:20 PM

Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! (2989 Views)

Presidency To Begin Town Hall Meetings Across Nigeria – Aide / PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North / Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by tredkiller: 4:45pm On Jan 05, 2011
Only N35billon for education? But the MDG required that at least 26% of the budget of each year should go on education. No wonder we are failing our youths
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Pharoh: 4:55pm On Jan 05, 2011
Dis Guy:

So what will you call criticism of yaradua govt/all other state govt's budget?- objective and very justified?
any time people now criticise Jonathan the president; its because of hatred undecided

well at this point the budget has not been passed and if he cant cut his office budget chances are they wont cut anything for themselves either-we know what they are anyway so it his chance to show leadership

I won't say they are totally objective or very justified because there are many reasons why people want to criticize the government. Your second statement is on point and that's what i am expecting, i am also hoping e shows leadership as time goes on but will not expect him to change everything overnight. Just look at the statement below that i will be quoting, so what will you term that? objective and justified criticism or what?

tredkiller:

Only N35billon for education? But the MDG required that at least 26% of the budget of each year should go on education. No wonder we are failing our youths
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Kobojunkie: 5:19pm On Jan 05, 2011
^^ But you are still not making any sense. If the Budget is rejected at the senate or house -- it does not remove in anyway from the fact that it was initially proposed by the president. And yes, the information is already available for you to review on the budget site http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/2011_budget_proposal.html
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by violent(m): 5:28pm On Jan 05, 2011
^^
thnks for the link, no one seem to be talking about the amount budgeted for drugs and medical supplies, a total of 402 million!

someone has got to be a terrible drug addict! shocked shocked shocked . . . an average fully equipped Hospital attending to over 200 patients a day don't budget such ridiculous sums for drugs
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Pharoh: 5:41pm On Jan 05, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^ But you are still not making any sense. If the Budget is rejected at the senate or house -- it does not remove in anyway from the fact that it was initially proposed by the president. And yes, the information is already available for you to review on the budget site http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/2011_budget_proposal.html

Simple question please, is this the first flawed budget that has been proposed in Nigeria since 1999? there will always be areas in a budget where the citizens would want to complain about. i am sure some Americans will be angry with the huge budget going into defense and space research. I am not in anyway supporting the content of the budget but people should not come here and pretend like the problems we are having with our budget just started with the current occupant in that position. This is the point from which i am making my arguments and i hope you get it now.
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Kobojunkie: 5:50pm On Jan 05, 2011
Pharoh:

Simple question please, is this the first flawed budget that has been proposed in Nigeria since 1999? there will always be areas in a budget where the citizens would want to complain about. i am sure some Americans will be angry with the huge budget going into defense and space research. I am not in anyway supporting the content of the budget but people should not come here and pretend like the problems we are having with our budget just started with the current occupant in that position. This is the point from which i am making my arguments and i hope you get it now.

But your question itself is the wrong one here. This is not a FLAWED BUDGET but a budget that seems to be CONTINUING the same old wasteful spending he came in suggesting he was willing to do away with. So, I don't again know what point you believe you are making here by telling people to no longer complain of the waste because Jonathan is here.  undecided

Also, learn to argue within context. Nigeria is nowhere near where America is today when it comes to ironing out a good and meaningful budget, so please drop the silly comparisons.
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Pharoh: 6:02pm On Jan 05, 2011
Kobojunkie:

But your question itself is the wrong one here. This is not a FLAWED BUDGET but a budget that seems to be CONTINUING the same old wasteful spending he came in suggesting he was willing to do away with. So, I don't again know what point you believe you are making here by telling people to no longer complain of the waste because Jonathan is here.  undecided

Also, learn to argue within context. Nigeria is nowhere near where America is today when it comes to ironing out a good and meaningful budget, so please drop the silly comparisons.

The budget is flawed to me because they are wasteful and not directed towards the right sectors that is needed for our development. My point is there is no way he can fix everything in one year so let us cut him some slack and i am not telling people not to complain please get it. They should do it objectively and not act as if they have just fallen from the moon and seeing the Nigerian budget for the first time in their life. It will take time for him to fix everything but because of the election people are just complaining as if our problems started with goodluck. I am not saying people should not complain but the focus should not be placed solely on goodluck.
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Kobojunkie: 6:07pm On Jan 05, 2011
Pharoh:

The budget is flawed to me because they are wasteful and not directed towards the right sectors that is needed for our development.
Budget is flawed because it is Wasteful towards the right sectors . . . What does that even mean?
Pharoh:

My point is there is no way he can fix everything in one year so let us cut him some slack and i am not telling people not to complain please get it.
You are telling me that they should allow him continue the mistakes of yesteryears because somehow in your mind it is linked to your belief that he cannot fix everything in one year? Again, do you seriously think these things through at least? What has the one to do with the other?
Pharoh:

They should do it objectively and not act as if they have just fallen from the moon and seeing the Nigerian budget for the first time in their life. It will take time for him to fix everything but because of the election people are just complaining as if our problems started with goodluck. I am not saying people should not complain but the focus should not be placed solely on goodluck.
People have been acting like things have been falling since Obasanjo’s time . . . why are you now PRETENDING this is new? The problems have been on for over a decade now and in all that time; their fears have not only been realized each time, so why are you now suggesting it is all about Goodluck Jonathan?
I understand from all your posts that you love the guy but until you check back into the hotel “common sense”, you might want to stop trying to make any more of your many points on this cause you just keep hitting the wall the more you try.
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by presido1: 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2011
That too small for food nau, how much do u guys thing a lion, antelope, elephant and worm cost in international market?

A plate of assorted peper soup with those animal mention will finish that money b4 next budget. shocked shocked shocked

Make una let the Good Man enjoy his lion peper soup jare.

Goodluck ni Padluck ko

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari And Bakare Will Fail (by Prophet Theo Olabayo) / Job Seekers Descend On National Assembly / Welcome To Borno State - "home Of Peace"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.