Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,544 members, 7,905,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 06:05 AM

Did Jesus Christ Really Spent 3 Days In The Grave? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Christ Really Spent 3 Days In The Grave? (527 Views)

Jesus Christ Spent 2 Days In The Grave Not 3 / Pastor Chidi Eke Dies While Fasting For 40 Days In Imo / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Christ Really Spent 3 Days In The Grave? by Ucheamani(m): 6:18pm On Apr 12, 2020
Easter: If Christ was killed on Friday, How does Sunday make it the 3rd Day?
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Spent 3 Days In The Grave? by Akacollins7: 6:57pm On Apr 12, 2020
I've been trying to figure it out, because from Friday night to Saturday midnight is just twelve hours. How they come about that is something pastors here should educate us please
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Spent 3 Days In The Grave? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 12, 2020
Ucheamani:
He rose on the Third day is different from
He rose three days later. Think.
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Spent 3 Days In The Grave? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 12, 2020
Ucheamani:

Its says 3rd day not 3 days. There's a difference.

Friday 1st day
Saturday 2nd day
Sunday 3rd day. Got it?
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Spent 3 Days In The Grave? by MuttleyLaff: 12:27am On Apr 13, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

No sire, a ribitoye, because the Jewish day begins and ends at sundown, as in, the time in the evening when the sun disappears or daylight fades. Jesus was on the cross by 9:00am, died by 3:00pm Thursday day and was buried on same Thursday day before sundown
cc p axonel

MuttleyLaff:

"1 Some time later the Lord said to Moses and Aaron:
2This month is to be the first month of the year for you.
3Tell the people of Israel that on the tenth day of this month the head of each family must choose a lamb or a young goat for his family to eat.
4-5If any family is too small to eat the whole animal, they must share it with their next-door neighbors. Choose either a sheep or a goat, but it must be a one-year-old male that has nothing wrong with it. And it must be large enough for everyone to have some of the meat.
6Each family must take care of its animal until the evening of the fourteenth day of the month, when the animals are to be killed.
7Some of the blood must be put on the two doorposts and above the door of each house where the animals are to be eaten.
8That night the animals are to be roasted and eaten, together with bitter herbs and thin bread made without yeast.
9Don't eat the meat raw or boiled. The entire animal, including its head, legs, and insides, must be roasted.
10Eat what you want that night, and the next morning burn whatever is left.
11When you eat the meal, be dressed and ready to travel. Have your sandals on, carry your walking stick in your hand, and eat quickly. This is the Passover Festival in honor of me, your Lord.
12That same night I will pass through Egypt and kill the first-born son in every family and the first-born male of all animals. I am the Lord, and I will punish the gods of Egypt.
13The blood on the houses will show me where you live, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. Then you won't be bothered by the terrible disasters I will bring on Egypt.
14Remember this day and celebrate it each year as a festival in my honor.
15For seven days you must eat bread made without yeast. And on the first of these seven days, you must remove all yeast from your homes. If you eat anything made with yeast during this festival, you will no longer be part of Israel.
16Meet together for worship on the first and seventh days of the festival. The only work you are allowed to do on either of these two days is that of preparing the bread.
17Celebrate this Festival of Thin Bread as a way of remembering the day that I brought your families and tribes out of Egypt. And do this each year.
18Begin on the evening of the fourteenth day of the first month by eating bread made without yeast. Then continue this celebration until the evening of the twenty-first day.
19During these seven days no yeast is allowed in anyone's home, whether they are native Israelites or not. If you are caught eating anything made with yeast, you will no longer be part of Israel.
20Stay away from yeast, no matter where you live. No one is allowed to eat anything made with yeast!
"
- Exodus 12:1-20

Everyday is a school day for you AntiChristian, lol. Here another opportunity presents itself, for you to learn because you never knew this before, you never had any knowledge about this before that there is something called the "High Sabbath" but now you would have the knowledge or now you do know, lol.

AntiChristian, remember the Quran in Surah 10:94, has the good sense to tell Muslims like particulary your very good self AntiChristian, that, if in doubt, if in need of illumination, or if need light shed on a subject, to go ask "those who read the book before you," that is meaning, believers, such as, I and others in the faith, lol.

Excuse the slight detour, now back on course, fyi AntiChristian, what the unlearned and outsiders like you do, is because you incorrectly read it in John 19:31, said "... the bodies would not remain on the cross during the Sabbath" you quickly wrongly assume that the "Sabbath" mentioned there has to be Saturday, lol and so why you think the crucifixion too, then, just has to be on a Friday, lol.

That Exodus 12:1-20 above there, by the way is about the inaugural of the first Passover to be done in the 14th of the Hebrew month Nisan, lol. Jesus never got to eat this particular Passover meal and that's because He had died at 3 p.m. on Thursday afternoon on the 14th day of the Hebrew month Nisan.

"And after the Sabbaths, it being dawn toward the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb."
- Matthew 28:1

Eulalia, did you spot and/or catch the plural in Matthew 28:1 above, erhn, lol?

Ọmọ, make I stop here, lol. "Ko ni ilẹ, o fẹ yọ fence" loosely translate means, "you wey no get land, wan build perimeter wall fence", lol. I no wan keel pesin like AntiChristian, with information overload, so just take it AntiChristian, like that, that Jesus died on Thursday and was raised from the dead on Sunday. OK? lol.

Ucheamani:
Easter:
If Christ was killed on Friday. How does Sunday make it the 3rd Day?

Akacollins7:
I've been trying to figure it out, because from Friday night to Saturday midnight is just twelve hours. How they come about that is something pastors here should educate us please

mikezuruki:
He rose on the Third day is different from
He rose three days later. Think.

Eulalia:
Its says 3rd day not 3 days. There's a difference.

Friday 1st day
Saturday 2nd day
Sunday 3rd day. Got it?
"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly;
so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth
"
- Matthew 12:40 KJV

Eulalia, Friday afternoon to Sunday morning doesn't anywhere and anyhow add up to three days and three nights!

As a matter of fact and for truth be told, if crucifixion took place on a Friday 1st day and resurrection on a Sunday 3rd day morning, then it means that Christ, is not our Yahshua Ha Maschiach aka Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world.
Re: Did Jesus Christ Really Spent 3 Days In The Grave? by seadog2000(m): 1:01am On Apr 13, 2020
A clear case that the story of the resurrection is a hoax. The biggest scam in human history. Think, Mary came to the grave while it was still dark on Sunday, before the sun had risen, very early in the morning and yet met an empty tomb. This should be around 5-6 a.m. So when exactly did Jesus resurrected? Jesus died by 3pm. from that time to 5 am Sunday morning is 40 hours max. 3 full days and 3 full nights is 72 hours. The story is a scam. The disciples of Jesus did not start preaching about his resurrection until 40 full days after the burial of Jesus. why did they wait for so long?

(1) (Reply)

Rapture, Hellfire: Do You Believe?? / Oyakhilome Knocks Pastors For Closing Churches Over Coronavirus / The Fools Say There Is No God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.